Home

Restarting Your Franchise

This is a discussion on Restarting Your Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 07:02 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Restarting Your Franchise

Does anyone ever restart their franchise & if so why? My buddy wants to restart our franchise because he made a mistake and now he sees it in his stats everytime he checks them. Has anyone else ever restarted a franchise because of something like this?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 07:37 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Restarting Your Franchise

Im Restarting mine for a similar reason. I Started another thread up a few days ago as my kicking stats wernt registering and it just annoyed me. So im starting a new one and running a spreadsheet on the side to keep track of all things going on in my franchise and stats for the duration of this save.

I want to know when ..... Throws hes ... th TD for me. or ... makes hes 100th catch etc
Old 09-27-2016, 07:48 AM   #3
MVP

That I could see but he wants to start over because the computer sky'd 2 punts and they were both returned by Revis not his regular punt returner because Revis was in punt coverage and
now he it drives him crazy to see Revis listed as a punt returner. In the past with the way stats worked if you had negative kick or punt return average the player would disappear from the stats so he tried that and returned another one and ran backwards just so he would be negative and disappear but this year for some reason stats appear differently and they don't disappear so now it says -9yds average and that's really driving him crazy
Old 09-27-2016, 09:08 AM   #4
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

If "your friend" can't handle stuff like this, then he shouldn't be playing Madden at all IMHO. Stuff like this will always happen...
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-27-2016, 09:21 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
If "your friend" can't handle stuff like this, then he shouldn't be playing Madden at all IMHO. Stuff like this will always happen...
Not sure what's up with the quotes if you are trying to imply that my friend is me you are wrong but yes I told him to get over his trying to make everything perfect cause there is no way to make everything perfect
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 10:59 AM   #6
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
Not sure what's up with the quotes if you are trying to imply that my friend is me you are wrong but yes I told him to get over his trying to make everything perfect cause there is no way to make everything perfect
I think hes using quotes because I guess he's saying a real friend wouldn't restart or something idk

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

PSN: TreJay2000
Old 09-27-2016, 11:10 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 2

IMHO I think your friend's request is silly. I get it - but it's a big ask of another human to restart just b/c you're a little OCD about stat lines (for a single season, for a single guy). If he's offline and in a one-man show, it's no biggie.

I'll restart if (single player, offline):
a.) I'm bored.
b.) I had the sliders way off and an entire year is skewed and I did too well.
c.) I had the sliders way off and an entire year is skewed and I did too poorly.
d.) I started the year with an early roster that I've found was so different than the official day one rosters that all the work of editing players and adding missing players is too much bother and it'd just be easier to start again.
e.) I forgot to limit which franchises could move and a team is now on another continent.
f.) I moved a team into a new stadium and that stadium is butt-ugly and I should have picked a different new stadium.

Something like that... you know... off the top of my head.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:19 AM   #8
MVP

Yeah we are a 3 man online franchise and our franchise just started. We are in week 3 and we started with the latest rosters. I could see restarting for something bad but this was just something annoying but no restart annoying. We waited for a few roster updates to start so to start again would stink

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »