Home

Picking a team to play a franchise with

This is a discussion on Picking a team to play a franchise with within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2016, 03:18 PM   #1
Rookie

DCD6890's Arena

OVR: 0
Picking a team to play a franchise with

I'm having a hard time picking a team to play a franchise with. I've thought about the Eagles, Cowboys, Broncos, or Vikings but I'm torn. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 07:10 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Picking a team to play a franchise with

im kinda in the same boat. i have an eagles one now 3-0 a lil too easy. kinda wanna do the cowboys and trade romo start Dak, id love to use zeke. make some changes for the secondary. i like good defenses thats whats holding me back from the cowboys.

an intriguing couple of teams to me are the bucs, and chargers. i kinda wanna use the chargers but dump rivers, i just don't like him. think they have potential

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2016, 09:09 PM   #3
Rookie

GoBlue!'s Arena

OVR: 2

I can't seem to pick a team this year. Started a Lions one and went to 6-0 way to fast. Waited for the roster update and did a Giants, same thing. About to start one with the Titans or Jets.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:26 PM   #4
Rookie

I have a Jets one going as I'm a Jets fan.

But I was thinking the 49ers would be a good one to start.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Steps to a good franchise:

1) Pick the worst team possible(ratings wise).
2) Intelligently cut the 10 "best" players on your team, cut the positions that would hurt you the most. (Pick 1 player on offense/1 on defense that is "safe" to "build around" if you so desire)
3) No free agents except to fill in the depth chart.
4) No free agents or trading for players above your player(s) rating at "x" position. Example...if your highest rated QB = 64 overall, you can't sign a 65 overall QB or trade for one. They must be below your "current starter".
5) Can't change player positions to fill in gaps at weaker positions.

This is how me and 5 of my friends are playing an online franchise. The fun part here was is we got to pick who the others had to cut...got pretty cutthroat. Been very entertaining so far. Hardest game of Madden I've played so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2016, 01:10 PM   #6
Rookie

GoBlue!'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigRed29
Steps to a good franchise:

1) Pick the worst team possible(ratings wise).
2) Intelligently cut the 10 "best" players on your team, cut the positions that would hurt you the most. (Pick 1 player on offense/1 on defense that is "safe" to "build around" if you so desire)
3) No free agents except to fill in the depth chart.
4) No free agents or trading for players above your player(s) rating at "x" position. Example...if your highest rated QB = 64 overall, you can't sign a 65 overall QB or trade for one. They must be below your "current starter".
5) Can't change player positions to fill in gaps at weaker positions.

This is how me and 5 of my friends are playing an online franchise. The fun part here was is we got to pick who the others had to cut...got pretty cutthroat. Been very entertaining so far. Hardest game of Madden I've played so far.
So use the Browns and make them worse? Yeah no thanks.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:33 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue!
So use the Browns and make them worse? Yeah no thanks.
Haha...funny, I actually got stuck with the Browns. We drew teams out of the Colts, Browns, 49ers, Rams, Jets, and Bears.

I choose to save Johnson and Ogbah. They then cut RG3, Crowell(they know I like to run multiple HBs), Thomas(LT), starting LG/RG, TE Barnidge, and then they cut my top 4 CBs.

My QB options are like, a 72 overall 37 year old McCown or 2 65ish overall rookies, Kessler and Hogan.

I think my top cover corner is 63 overall.

The Silver Lining for the Browns is that they have 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks next year.....and we started in time for me to still have Josh Gordon. Browns also have a TON of cap space and even more after cutting the little talent that was on this roster. Retaining any players that develop over time wont be an issue for me at all. I think I have like 90 million in cap space.

Preseason has been interesting...lost to Gbay in game 1, was trying out Browns playbook/team. Lost 21-7.

Game 2...I won in overtime, 20-17 against Atlanta. Made my own playbooks for this one, worked a lot better.

It has been fun watching what the CPU does with the influx of talent into free agency. Some scary rosters forming.

Rambling aside....if you get bored/want a challenge, you must give this a try!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »