Home

Is there any way possible....

This is a discussion on Is there any way possible.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2016, 12:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is there any way possible....

...to set the game all teams player owned in franchise and all but ONE set to be GM'ed/coached by the cpu?

I really want the ability to watch some games (at the very least playoffs) of other teams (not my own) during franchise play. However, you can't seem to be able to do this at all as there no option to select other games on sched other than your own team. However, all teams can be set to player owned which allows this, but it seems that the settings don't allow any variation per team as to how they are run (eg. it is either EVERY player controlled team set to AI coached and GM'ed or EVERY player controlled team set to player control).

Is there any way that anybody knows of (run through console or through PC (discovered that my PC can run the game fine through the emulator) to allow what I am trying to accomplish?????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 04:51 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Is there any way possible....

Well it looks like it would be technically possible. Been playing around with Flying Finn's NFL2k5 Editor and see that you can switch control at any point during franchise to any or all teams to user (or cpu). This might be useful...however his editor does not allow adjustment/alteration of the coaching, gm'ing duties (at least as far as I can find). A shame because this info per team will be stored somewhere and I bet could be altered if an editor was set up to do so.

Other editors around that might possibly do this???? (was using FF's 4.0.0.41 - maybe an updated version to this around that might allow this??).
Old 10-07-2016, 10:59 PM   #3
Rookie

Okie dokie, it can be done (wish there was an bit of an easier more permanent way, but I know of none)....

You can watch any game you want and not be forced to manage the other teams. Here is how (using PSCX2 on PC (though I suppose you could do the same sort of thing on XBOX or PS2):

Pick your team and have it set to what you want to control (signings, coaching, trades, drafting, etc.). Have the other teams in the franchise initially set to AI control. Play your team's game that week and make a note of any other games that you may like to watch that week.

DO NOT advance to the next week or simulate any of the other games. Save and exit the franchise.

Run Mymc ( http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/ ) and select your memory card that the franchise file is on. Export it using that utility as a .max file. Delete the original (you will be working with the exported file).

Open the exported franchise file in Flying Finn's 2k5 Editor. Cycle through the teams till you get to the ones that have a game you want to watch. Move the mouse over to the left of the team name where it says CPU and right click it. Change it to "User Controlled". Do this for a least one of the teams in any given game you want to spectate that week. Save the file.

Run Mymc again and choose to import this altered franchise file (note: the original on the memory card needs to be deleted before attempting this or else it will not allow the import (as the utility will tell you that the file already exists). Once the file is re-imported back to the memory card, you are good to run PCSX2 and the game again.

You will now notice that you are able to select and run each of these games (you can set the controller to the center to let the cpu coach the game --- or you could take over if you wanted as well).

After you have watched these games, DO NOT ADVANCE to the next week yet. You need to set the teams back to AI control (to allow them to do any depth chart movement, signings, etc (which I believe are done just prior to teams being able to play the next week). Anyway, to change control back to the AI you follow the same procedure as above, only changing human control back to cpu.

I believe this should work out fine...and allow for any match-ups/play-offs etc. to be watched if desired.

Last edited by Redwolf; 10-07-2016 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:08 AM   #4
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwolf
Okie dokie, it can be done (wish there was an bit of an easier more permanent way, but I know of none)....

You can watch any game you want and not be forced to manage the other teams. Here is how (using PSCX2 on PC (though I suppose you could do the same sort of thing on XBOX or PS2):

Pick your team and have it set to what you want to control (signings, coaching, trades, drafting, etc.). Have the other teams in the franchise initially set to AI control. Play your team's game that week and make a note of any other games that you may like to watch that week.

DO NOT advance to the next week or simulate any of the other games. Save and exit the franchise.

Run Mymc ( http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/ ) and select your memory card that the franchise file is on. Export it using that utility as a .max file. Delete the original (you will be working with the exported file).

Open the exported franchise file in Flying Finn's 2k5 Editor. Cycle through the teams till you get to the ones that have a game you want to watch. Move the mouse over to the left of the team name where it says CPU and right click it. Change it to "User Controlled". Do this for a least one of the teams in any given game you want to spectate that week. Save the file.

Run Mymc again and choose to import this altered franchise file (note: the original on the memory card needs to be deleted before attempting this or else it will not allow the import (as the utility will tell you that the file already exists). Once the file is re-imported back to the memory card, you are good to run PCSX2 and the game again.

You will now notice that you are able to select and run each of these games (you can set the controller to the center to let the cpu coach the game --- or you could take over if you wanted as well).

After you have watched these games, DO NOT ADVANCE to the next week yet. You need to set the teams back to AI control (to allow them to do any depth chart movement, signings, etc (which I believe are done just prior to teams being able to play the next week). Anyway, to change control back to the AI you follow the same procedure as above, only changing human control back to cpu.

I believe this should work out fine...and allow for any match-ups/play-offs etc. to be watched if desired.

This is exactly what i do. Wish there was an easier way to do it but yeah like you the only way I know how.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:03 PM   #5
Rookie

blackadder33's Arena

OVR: 1

It's a good method, thanks for posting. I think that once we have the exact way of running PCSX2 in HDD mode down for everybody to use, it won't be quite as important to do since we will then see the proper season "highlights" rather than the old still frames.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2018, 01:49 PM   #6
Rookie

packers's Arena

Does anyone have any details on how to setup the hdd to get highlights working with pcsx2? A few people have mentioned they have gotten this to work, however no one has offered the community any advice on how they got this working.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »