Home

Steep Open Beta Available Now (UPDATE)

This is a discussion on Steep Open Beta Available Now (UPDATE) within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2016, 06:47 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Steep Open Beta Available Now (UPDATE)

The Steep Open Beta is available now allowing players to discover the diversity of Steep’s world by exploring, riding and completing dozens of challenges through three of the seven regions composing Steep’s massive open world inspired from the Alps – the Aravis, the Tyrol and the Needles.

Players will also find nine Mountain Stories – narrative-based challenges that will delve deeper into unique moments in the world of Steep – throughout their journey. Completing these challenges and Mountain Stories will also unlock new gear for players to customize their characters.

In Steep, players will defy and master the world’s most epic mountains on skis, wingsuit, snowboard, and in paragliders. Be one of the first people to experience this massive open world playground and explore everything STEEP has to offer.

It's not too late to register for the early access beta, try here or here.

UPDATE: (11-18) The Steep Open Beta is now available to everyone. Try it and post your thoughts!

The OPEN BETA will allow you to create your ride and get a first burst of adrenaline in the Alps.
The mountain is yours to explore. So strap in, suit up and drop in.
  • EXPLORE AND RIDE YOUR WAY – Conquer the mountain on skis, wingsuits, snowboards, and paragliders.
  • THE MOUNTAIN IS YOURS TO EXPLORE – Create your own path and share your best custom line with friends.
  • PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST – Defy the mountain and improve your skills in numerous challenges.
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2016, 12:16 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Steep Early Access Beta Available Now & It's Not Too Late to Register

Steep Beta live this weekend for all. No code required.

I downloaded and played for a few minutes. Pretty graphics, nice vibe, solid control. Plus I really like the option to ski instead of board, as I'm a skier.

But I'm not seeing anything yet that distinguishes this game or feels innovative from previous snow titles. Yes, there's a huge open world. But I wonder what the hell you do with it besides fly down it, perform tricks and find new worlds. Early days, but this doesn't feel like a $60 new purchase to me.

Again, very early days. More play to come this weekend.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:27 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 41
Re: Steep Open Beta Available Now (UPDATE)

Where did all these games come from? Like, for years there were no extreme sports titles, and now we have 3 snowboarding/skiing titles? I'm downloading this now because the others (Infinite Air and Snow) are pay-to-play, so will have impressions soon
Old 11-21-2016, 09:43 AM   #4
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Unfortunately this beta is available the week where I probably will be too busy to play anything, but I put in probably an hour or so on this. Haven't played a snowboarding game in a while, but I had fun with it. Probably one of those games where I'll wait for a price drop before I'd want to pick it up.

Still hoping for a Skate 4 someday though; preferably more similar to Skate 2 than 3.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 11-21-2016, 11:05 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Probably one of those games where I'll wait for a price drop before I'd want to pick it up.
Bull's eye. Fun game, but not one for which I'm willing to pay more than $25-30.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2016, 01:54 AM   #6
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I played the Steep Alpha and Beta and couldn't get into it either time. I much prefer Mark McMorris Infinite Air. Steep looks nicer and has different disciplines that you can participate in, but as a pure snowboarding game, Infinite Air is much more satisfying to play.

My knock on Infinite Air would be that I wish there were more features in addition to the challenge mode. The courses in the game are awesome, but there's just not enough of them. Like Golf Club, the game relies heavily on created content. I don't have a problem with this, but you have to weed through a lot of garbage to find gems. Everything about playing user courses or with other people in real time feels poorly put together to me. I still love the game, though. Making a nice run on a great course feels awesome. I just hope HB provides it with good support in the future to build on what they have.

I haven't played Snow. No idea how that is.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:33 PM   #7
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I played the open beta a nd thought it was just OK. Then after about 2 hours everything just clicked with the trick system and I couldn't put it down. I can understand people not really getting it at first but once you do it's incredible. I spent 3 hours on one challenge trying to get a perfect run for the only reason that I wanted too. It's like trials plus exploring. If anyone else is reading these impressions I'd suggest trying the game and giving it a real shot. I know opinions vary but this game has the makings of being a masterpiece .
Old 11-29-2016, 07:55 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 41

Has anyone been able to play since, say, Thanksgiving? I keep getting "could not connect to the server" errors. If it's just me, do I need to report this somewhere?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »