Home

User Sprinting Vs. AI Sprinting: Huge Discrepancy

This is a discussion on User Sprinting Vs. AI Sprinting: Huge Discrepancy within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2016, 07:00 PM   #1
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

OVR: 0
User Sprinting Vs. AI Sprinting: Huge Discrepancy

Not a Q&A but more like observation obvious observation.

Playing as OKC vs DET. If I was DET and the defense got the ball I am sure Westbrook would run like a gazelle but when I am Westbrook he is barely moving.

Why is there such a discrepancy with user vs AI speed? Why do we get handicapped?

I am sure you know the PGs usually do this the most but they lower their shoulder and blow by you but how do you as a user do this?

Fastbreaks for the User: Bumper cars, everyone is stumbling and stuck together. Defense sets and you;re screwed. You can't use turbo to your advantage because even if you don't play bumper cars the AI will catch up to you.

Fastbreaks for the AI: They leak out properly. No bumper cars. The passes are accurate and quick. The sprinting is faster than normal. It's pretty much how a fastbreak is supposed to go.

I don't get the discrepancy. It's been like this since launch and 6 patches later. We had a placebo with fastbreaks or a few times a game things look like a fastbreak. It's just not good for me. It's the biggest problem for me and I hope this so-called update soon will finally address this. It's really irritating me.

I exclusively play Play Now Offline/NBA Today games until after All-Star break and I do MyLeague. Is this gameplay the same as MyLeague or is it just exhibition? I played as the 98 Bulls vs 98 Spurs and none of this gameplay like a million screens and pushing the pace offense wasn't there but playing against the Grizzlies as the Heat when Mike Conley is pushing the pace each time you guard him and blows by you with this unrealistic speed burst you can't do is making me sick. I don't get it.

I don't get why the AI gets all of these advantages especially with the speed. Beno Udrih is blowing by me at full court when I pressure him. He will do the lower the shoulder speed burst crap you can't do or I must be stupid. I am so sick of complaining about this game. NBA 2K16 I didn't see any of the complaints at all. I loved that game. The AI was irritating but it's not even close to this level. I'm trying to love this game. Some nights I have a good time but most of the time it's tiring.

Sorry for another thread but it's just ugh. I don't know. I just want to do fastbreaks. I want to be able to be on a leveled playing field. The AI does what it wants. Winning games is not rewarding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2016, 07:20 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: User Sprinting Vs. AI Sprinting: Huge Discrepancy

agreed. Tired of having to turbo Andre Drummond to get back just to avoid the opposing team's center getting any easy layup, even in non transition situations. I've literally hiked up staminam to 100 and fatigue down to 30 so I don't get busted for having to turbo just to keep up.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Lol Sometimes I think these developers just watch the Warriors play and think that's how every team play the double teams(steph curry), fast breaks with your teammates only stopping at the three point line, the double screens on some of the plays, everybody is an incredible defender or play incredible team defense and everybody and I mean everybody hitting either step back threes or pull up threes
Old 11-26-2016, 09:32 PM   #4
Rookie

info0's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
Not a Q&A but more like observation obvious observation.

Playing as OKC vs DET. If I was DET and the defense got the ball I am sure Westbrook would run like a gazelle but when I am Westbrook he is barely moving.

Why is there such a discrepancy with user vs AI speed? Why do we get handicapped?

I am sure you know the PGs usually do this the most but they lower their shoulder and blow by you but how do you as a user do this?

Fastbreaks for the User: Bumper cars, everyone is stumbling and stuck together. Defense sets and you;re screwed. You can't use turbo to your advantage because even if you don't play bumper cars the AI will catch up to you.

Fastbreaks for the AI: They leak out properly. No bumper cars. The passes are accurate and quick. The sprinting is faster than normal. It's pretty much how a fastbreak is supposed to go.

I don't get the discrepancy. It's been like this since launch and 6 patches later. We had a placebo with fastbreaks or a few times a game things look like a fastbreak. It's just not good for me. It's the biggest problem for me and I hope this so-called update soon will finally address this. It's really irritating me.

I exclusively play Play Now Offline/NBA Today games until after All-Star break and I do MyLeague. Is this gameplay the same as MyLeague or is it just exhibition? I played as the 98 Bulls vs 98 Spurs and none of this gameplay like a million screens and pushing the pace offense wasn't there but playing against the Grizzlies as the Heat when Mike Conley is pushing the pace each time you guard him and blows by you with this unrealistic speed burst you can't do is making me sick. I don't get it.

I don't get why the AI gets all of these advantages especially with the speed. Beno Udrih is blowing by me at full court when I pressure him. He will do the lower the shoulder speed burst crap you can't do or I must be stupid. I am so sick of complaining about this game. NBA 2K16 I didn't see any of the complaints at all. I loved that game. The AI was irritating but it's not even close to this level. I'm trying to love this game. Some nights I have a good time but most of the time it's tiring.

Sorry for another thread but it's just ugh. I don't know. I just want to do fastbreaks. I want to be able to be on a leveled playing field. The AI does what it wants. Winning games is not rewarding.

Well, from my short finding so far: there is definitely some correlation between game speed and sliders making bigger impact.

As I do love NBA game pace irl, I bumped game speed to 70. Trust me, it makes HUGE difference. Enormous to how I perceive the game. I will be fair here, anyone who plays on 50 or lower game speed is not playing basketball on NBA level of pace/speed at all. It's like playing game i n the mud.

Bump the game speed up and you will see massive difference. Game becomes more open/end to end. Fast breaks suddenly work, there is hardly and grinding between offensive/defensive player. Seriously, it's game changer. Rarely tried going upwards on Game Speed as last year got used to default 50 setting, this year 50 was spot on until 1.06 patch came (then it was STILL ok, but... Last tuning update made game unresponsive, slow, muddy, just awful to play). Until next tuning update/patch comes out, I am sticking with Game Speed 70. If it's too fast lower it down between 56-60.

Good fun times are back . I enjoy this game lots more after this, than ever before .

I do however, play with 7 min Qtrs due to limited gaming time and 10 min sim qtrs. Results so far, are very life like (on All-Star - Default sliders) .
Old 11-27-2016, 01:44 PM   #5
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Game speed? How do you change it? I need to change it ASAP because the AI is playing 5000% right now. Playing against Charlotte was a pain in the *** with their fast passing and their pushing the pace. How am I supposed to even guard this cheese?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2016, 02:47 PM   #6
Rookie

info0's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
Game speed? How do you change it? I need to change it ASAP because the AI is playing 5000% right now. Playing against Charlotte was a pain in the *** with their fast passing and their pushing the pace. How am I supposed to even guard this cheese?
In Option -> Settings -> Game Speed slider.

Play with it until you find good balance for yourself .
Old 11-27-2016, 04:59 PM   #7
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by info0
In Option -> Settings -> Game Speed slider.

Play with it until you find good balance for yourself .
Thank you! I didn't even notice.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:01 PM   #8
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

The main problem with the sprinting discrepancy is when you are on a fastbreak, you are slow as molasses and so are your teammates. They are jogging. Same with the AI on fastbreak. Once you miss the shot they are pushing the pace at unrealistic rates while your guys are jogging along. They have no sense of urgency. So tired of this. You might get a little speed burst but it won't last long and the AI catches you or you get bumped to death.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »