Home

whats the best way to sim a season in cfm and scout at the same time?

This is a discussion on whats the best way to sim a season in cfm and scout at the same time? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2016, 03:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
whats the best way to sim a season in cfm and scout at the same time?

yeah so i'll clarify what i'm talking about.

i want to take over the patriots in season 2 because tom brady retires after year 1 always, and i dont want to play as the patriots in season 1, so i want to just sim the entire season, and start as the pats in the offseason. the thing is, i wont be able to scout the draft class enough, so i will most likely have a mediocre or bad draft, so i was thinking that i could start the franchise as a coach for a different team, scout the class and log it in my spreadsheet on my computer so the grades are saved, then in the offseason retire that coach and start as the patriots and that way i will have all of the scouting i've already done and have that to start off my offseason. i have to questions now about doing this:

1. will the grades remain the same based on who my scout is from one team to the next? for example, if a player has B+, B, B- in his three traits, will they still be the same as the coach of a different team, or is it based on my teams head scout's attributes?

2. is there an easier way to do this that i am just not thinking of?

thank you in advance, and i can clarify that better if i wasn't making sense in that block of text. thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2016, 08:05 PM   #2
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: whats the best way to sim a season in cfm and scout at the same time?

Just start as the default pats HC and scout away. Once you retire your coach and create a new one the scouting data should remain. In an online CFM I retired my Browns coach, made a coach for another team and returned to the Browns. Had all my scouting info still. Do not believe scouting info carried over to the new team.

Side note, if you want Brady around longer you can adjust his age. Took four years off in my offline, hung around to break Manning's TD record and set all-time yardage recored, then retired. Think he even came back for a year down the road as well.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: whats the best way to sim a season in cfm and scout at the same time?

Thanks for the reply but the reason I'm using the pats is because I wanna build the team in a post-Brady world even though it's unrealistic for him to retire after year 1. But I recall that once you retire as a coach on one team you can't become the coach for the same team. I tried this back in the day in madden 25 and it didn't work that's why I was proposing to do it this way. If it works now I can do it this way I guess. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »