Home

Have madden 16, is 17 worth buying?

This is a discussion on Have madden 16, is 17 worth buying? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2016, 05:01 PM   #1
Rookie

PleadtheFoe5th's Arena

OVR: 0
Have madden 16, is 17 worth buying?

The Playstation store has alot of games on sale until late January 3rd ... and madden 17 is 50% off.

During the ps3 days I would buy the new madden each year, but since ps4 I've perry much went to every other year (nba2k I still buy each year)

With that being said, and having madden 16... is madden 17 that much better?

Thanks for any feedback 🖒
Online daily
Plan to compete in EVERY 2k tournament & join league
If interested in a tryout or have any questions lmk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2016, 05:16 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Have madden 16, is 17 worth buying?

I'd say wait till next year.

This game got messed up really badly for offline CFM types who prefer sim game play after their first big patch.

The game started out seemingly dedicated to a more sim approach this year, but the development program this cycle has been geared more toward the MUT/tournament types than your typical OS user.

I'd wait until next year's release to see how they declare their intentions re: respecting the interests of sim offline gamers. They'll either correct the problems raised by this year's development cycle by putting in distinct sim/tournament settings, or they'll simply continue catering to tournament-style players. That decision will help you know if the game is worth your investment.

I still play the game, but I only like football and baseball enough to play in video game form. If I liked basketball at all, Madden would have been shelved a while ago.

If you have more diverse tastes game-wise, I'd say to focus on the franchises that currently outstrip Madden on features and execution.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:03 PM   #3
Rookie

PleadtheFoe5th's Arena

That's the exact feedback I was looking for!

I'm a big franchise gamer....and 2k and the show have definitely outperformed madden (that's why I usually skip a year) .... at this point with the season basically over I was leaning on waiting for the next year....now I will

THANK YOU! 🖒
Online daily
Plan to compete in EVERY 2k tournament & join league
If interested in a tryout or have any questions lmk
Old 12-27-2016, 06:21 PM   #4
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

It's opinion. So let's talk about Madden 17.

I played 16 till release of 17.......I love 16.

I like 17 even better. Franchise is improved over 16. Draft classes alone have made it far better.

Scouting is a lot better and slightly tougher.

The score ticker adds a nice layer of much needed immersion.

Formation subs.....dude....so much better.

Gameplay is better. There is a ton of negativity.....and everyone plays the game and I am not saying some of it is not warranted. But I am playing 3 different franchises this season (Proper Raiders, fantasy draft Dolphins, and a classic 1993 Dolphins franchise).

Totally immersed....sliders honed in.....loving this game.

At 50% off......I think it is well worth a purchase to experience much better play by play, defense, gap play, far better DB/WR interactions, a tougher more rewarding running game....just a better version of Madden 16.

Again my opinion.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 12-27-2016, 08:16 PM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
It's opinion. So let's talk about Madden 17.

I played 16 till release of 17.......I love 16.

I like 17 even better. Franchise is improved over 16. Draft classes alone have made it far better.

Scouting is a lot better and slightly tougher.

The score ticker adds a nice layer of much needed immersion.

Formation subs.....dude....so much better.

Gameplay is better. There is a ton of negativity.....and everyone plays the game and I am not saying some of it is not warranted. But I am playing 3 different franchises this season (Proper Raiders, fantasy draft Dolphins, and a classic 1993 Dolphins franchise).

Totally immersed....sliders honed in.....loving this game.

At 50% off......I think it is well worth a purchase to experience much better play by play, defense, gap play, far better DB/WR interactions, a tougher more rewarding running game....just a better version of Madden 16.

Again my opinion.
Yup....I concur. I don't get the vitriol for this year's game, it is SO much better after the patches after a horrible start. But.....I say that as someone that greatly prefers All Pro. If you're exclusively an All Madden guy, then I would say to stick to M16. If you're an AP guy or one that wanders between AP and AM, then M17 is your clear winner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2016, 01:39 AM   #6
Banned

Raisnets's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'd say wait till next year.

This game got messed up really badly for offline CFM types who prefer sim game play after their first big patch.

The game started out seemingly dedicated to a more sim approach this year, but the development program this cycle has been geared more toward the MUT/tournament types than your typical OS user.

I'd wait until next year's release to see how they declare their intentions re: respecting the interests of sim offline gamers. They'll either correct the problems raised by this year's development cycle by putting in distinct sim/tournament settings, or they'll simply continue catering to tournament-style players. That decision will help you know if the game is worth your investment.

I still play the game, but I only like football and baseball enough to play in video game form. If I liked basketball at all, Madden would have been shelved a while ago.

If you have more diverse tastes game-wise, I'd say to focus on the franchises that currently outstrip Madden on features and execution.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this game played better out of the box. Wish EA would keep the changes they make for MUT players in MUT. This game was pretty fun when it came out but man each patch has progressively made it worse.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:02 AM   #7
Rookie

Cajungodfather's Arena

Get it on sale or wait for it to come out for free with EA Access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2016, 01:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Scary Larry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungodfather
Get it on sale or wait for it to come out for free with EA Access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worth the $30 on PSN holiday sale? Haven't gone in depth with Madden since Madden 25. Franchise and MUT improved?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »