Home

Has anybody else seen the "grope-flail-strip" animation while attacking the paint?

This is a discussion on Has anybody else seen the "grope-flail-strip" animation while attacking the paint? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-24-2017, 07:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Has anybody else seen the "grope-flail-strip" animation while attacking the paint?

There is this very specific "strip" animation by the CPU which happens when your dribble-drive to the rim.

You basically are about to pick up your dribble when the CPU defender somehow wraps around you and "gropes" you.

This should already be a foul, but the CPU isn't called for it.

Then, the dribbler's arms "flail" in the air.

Finally, the ball is already loose, and the CPU has successfully "stripped" you of the ball, leading to a TOV.

This is the same level of frustration as the double-teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2017, 07:14 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Has anybody else seen the "grope-flail-strip" animation while attacking the paint

I concur... happens a lot to me approaching the baseline. Every time that animation happens it is a turnover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2017, 07:52 AM   #3
Pro

Re: Has anybody else seen the "grope-flail-strip" animation while attacking the paint

It's not just CPU happens online quiet a lot and is just another price of evidence of how poorly designed this game is with weak animations thrown in to balance out the terrible defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2017, 08:39 AM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Can't stand this animation.

It's even worse when you're forced into it defensively and it results in the foul.

Why am I being forced into a strip animation without pressing anything?
Old 02-24-2017, 12:50 PM   #5
Banned

A new TO animation that's entered the game over the last few patches is the "yur player gets stuck in animation that glues you to the court as your waiting to receive a pass, but then it's stripped away instantly and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. I guess 2k thought that user TO's weren't already crazy enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2017, 03:07 AM   #6
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

I think these types of animations, along with the on-ball bumping, are cover-ups for 2K's inability to program proper defensive movement into the game. A lot of these animations are legit fouls and would be called as such in real life games. A defensive player shoulder charging the ballhandler in a way that pushes the ballhandler backwards would be a blocking foul. And egregious stripping animations like the one you're speaking of would be a shooting foul every time.

But because 2K can't program proper movement, you get a lot of these kinds of animations, and you'll be warped into them time and time again. Of course, there's no recourse for you as a player on the defensive end, as either these animations occur with no input from the controller (and a foul will be called in most cases), or they don't occur at all as the CPU ballhandler blows by you off the dribble before you can even react.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:57 AM   #7
Rookie

you mean this gay *** animation right here?
Old 02-28-2017, 05:07 AM   #8
Rookie

Yup. That animation is pretty toxic to the whole concept of basketball. Should be a foul every time but it's never called. The ball should be off the defender, but it's always called out of bounds by the dribbler for some reason lmao.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »