Home

First thing you'll do on 17?

This is a discussion on First thing you'll do on 17? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2017, 03:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
First thing you'll do on 17?

Always enjoy reading this thread before release and didn't see it started yet, so figured I would...

What's the first thing you'll do on The Show '17? Ya know, after the game installs and stuff.

I always play an exhibition (BOS vs NYY) at Fenway at night, to get that Sunday Night Baseball feel. Will have to decide between starting Price or Sale this year, but I like that type of quandary.

How about you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2017, 03:11 PM   #2
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: First thing you'll do on 17?

This year I am starting over from scratch. Both Franchise and RTTS are getting a reboot.

So day one I am starting my National Franchise over in Spring Training and I well also re start a RTTS career. With the new Pave you Path stuff, I really think the best way to get the most out of it is to start over.

Sometime down the road I would like to play an AL club as well but have not decided who. Though I have been itching to do a Padres re build so may go that route instead.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

OVR: 0

Night game with MLB Network against a dogmeat pitcher so I can see as much of the new hit physics as possible. Will also give retro camera and a three man booth a try in that first game. Good chance I'll play it in the Braves' new park and I might make it rainy if the developers say they've made improvements in that area.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Vmascarello's Arena

I'm mostly an offline Franchise head. I'll be starting from scratch with a rebuilding team per usual. Not quite sure who yet.

But I generally play RTTS and DD for the 1st month or so until OSFM rosters are released. Those are essential to any die-hard Franchise player.

I could see myself playing a lot of RTTS this year based on the improvements that have been made. Still more info to be released but it definitely looks like it got some attention this year from the devs.

Every year "The Show" is my most anticipated game release and I have a feeling this year is going to be epic. '16 was really good and there's no reason to believe that '17 won't be the best release ever. So far I loved what they've done with presentation (especially the different home run calls with the stadium tagging feature) and gameplay, so really looking forward to the Franchise stream on Thursday.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:23 PM   #5
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

To start, same thing as every year. Quick exhibition game, Jays at Cubs, playing the Jays. Sometimes at Wrigley, but always at a stadium that I'll rarely/never play at (last year was polo grounds).

Then it'll be to batting practice, where after possibly hours of testing I will nail down my difficulty and slider settings. Probably with Hosmer batting and a pitcher I'm familiar with, since I'll have a good idea where my results should be and Hosmer has a fairly neutral pull swing (ie not janky or strange).

From there the world is my oyster. Well, at least the game is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2017, 03:43 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 3

Run a fantasy draft and start my franchise!
Old 03-06-2017, 03:48 PM   #7
Rookie

Cory4AU's Arena

Create a player (myself) and put him (me) on the Indians and start a franchise. I think instead of waiting on the OSFM rosters I will just edit the top 50 or so prospects myself and say to heck with the rest. I took launch week off so I'll have time.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-06-2017, 03:49 PM   #8
Rookie

SoxSoxSox's Arena

I'll play around a bit, some exhibition games until OSFM first version comes out, then I'll start a franchise with the Red Sox. I'm a straight franchise guy. I gave RTTS and Conquest Mode and Diamond Dynasty a whirl at times but they never stick with me like Franchise Mode does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »