Home

Touch Gloves

This is a discussion on Touch Gloves within the EA Sports UFC Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2017, 06:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Touch Gloves

What's everyone's thoughts on this and those who go for the cheap shot?

Was fighting a Tony Ferguson yesterday and as I was about to touch gloves... BAM! Spinning kick to the head sees me knocked down.

This is the first this has happened to me and I thought it was funny more than anything... BUT...

He won the fight by decision and looking back at the individual rounds, it looks like that knockdown perhaps won it for him. I ended up out striking him and taking him down in the first round, so other than the knockdown, I would have scored that round to me! Crying shame.

What's everyone else's thoughts or experiences? Though I found it funny - I can totally see people getting wound up over something like this and I'll be honest, it made me consider touching gloves with anyone ever again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2017, 07:36 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Touch Gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimLeiper
What's everyone's thoughts on this and those who go for the cheap shot?

Was fighting a Tony Ferguson yesterday and as I was about to touch gloves... BAM! Spinning kick to the head sees me knocked down.

This is the first this has happened to me and I thought it was funny more than anything... BUT...

He won the fight by decision and looking back at the individual rounds, it looks like that knockdown perhaps won it for him. I ended up out striking him and taking him down in the first round, so other than the knockdown, I would have scored that round to me! Crying shame.

What's everyone else's thoughts or experiences? Though I found it funny - I can totally see people getting wound up over something like this and I'll be honest, it made me consider touching gloves with anyone ever again!
I really hate these guys. In real life fighters would only get away with this once, and then be marked as a cheap bum forever. In here, you can do it all day without repercussions. Usually I grind these people for 3/5 rounds and make it the most boring fight possible
Old 04-03-2017, 07:56 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
I really hate these guys. In real life fighters would only get away with this once, and then be marked as a cheap bum forever. In here, you can do it all day without repercussions. Usually I grind these people for 3/5 rounds and make it the most boring fight possible

Thanks Supreme, that's exactly what I'm doing to the next fake glove toucher!

It'd be fun to hear the commentator maybe suggest something about a fighter who's dirty. Dunno how they'd go about doing it, but at least it'd give you a heads up.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:24 AM   #4
Rookie

CUnit3234's Arena

I find that most legit fighters from div 6 on up ALWAYS tap. The ones that fake glove cheap shot, usually turn out to have many weaknesses and are not that good. They usually end up losing the fight

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-03-2017, 10:30 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUnit3234
I find that most legit fighters from div 6 on up ALWAYS tap. The ones that fake glove cheap shot, usually turn out to have many weaknesses and are not that good. They usually end up losing the fight

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
True, I think they lack confidence in their own ability and see cheap shots as the only way they can win
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2017, 11:45 PM   #6
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

I just stopped doing it unless I know the person. I tried today during a ranked fight and some guy faked glove touched me and flash rocked me. I survived but still the minute it happen I thought of this thread. lol
Old 05-04-2017, 09:24 AM   #7
Rookie

Whenever this happens in the first round you have 2 scenarios that can happen.

1) The guy will be spamming tornado kicks, flying knees, spinning head kicks etc. So then you wait for another one to fly at you, lean away, takedown, bully him on the ground for the entire round and KO a couple secs before the end of the ground.

2) You know that he'll do exactly the same in round 2, so fake touch and try to land vicious strike / kick. So you just walk up pretending to touch gloves, lean away from his kick, takedown - do same as at point 1.

These guys tend to rage quit too so dont attempt to SUB them, will be a waste of sub.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:54 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri020
Whenever this happens in the first round you have 2 scenarios that can happen.

1) The guy will be spamming tornado kicks, flying knees, spinning head kicks etc. So then you wait for another one to fly at you, lean away, takedown, bully him on the ground for the entire round and KO a couple secs before the end of the ground.

2) You know that he'll do exactly the same in round 2, so fake touch and try to land vicious strike / kick. So you just walk up pretending to touch gloves, lean away from his kick, takedown - do same as at point 1.

These guys tend to rage quit too so dont attempt to SUB them, will be a waste of sub.
It's exactly why I try to sub them

• 1. they are easy to sub.
  • 2. They tend to give up when
    • You even only attempt the sub
    • When you take them down and deny their first getup
I'll take the free win thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Online »