Home

Game Speed -- Help

This is a discussion on Game Speed -- Help within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2017, 01:26 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Question Game Speed -- Help

Guys, this topic is probably going to be deleted as it's a bit out of bounds for this forum. Hopefully my historical input in this space buys me some good will and some help.

I haven't been on here or playing for a while. I went through a move. New house only has set up for my router on the main floor. I have the PS4 set up in the bedroom upstairs (directly above my office where the router is). Yet I can't play UFC online. The game lags so bad that people either quit on me or I feel bad for them and I quit and take the DNF% hit for them.

I've tested the connection which varies from DL ~4mbs at best but at times can be below 1mb. Upload is usually below 1mbs.

I've attempted changing to the google servers, and even coding in the specifics of my router during the manual network setup section. I'm out of ideas (and I'm very much a tech neophyte, so all these tries were based on an hour of reading forums).

Any help would be great. I finally have a chance to play a game a little with the kids and wife asleep! Now I have a $hit connection and have no idea what to do.

(Also, I can't hardwire the thing, I'm not near the router; ideas like this aren't an option.)

Thanks for any help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2017, 01:46 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Game Speed -- Help

Follow up. All apps on my TV (Netflix and other streaming video works perfectly). Phones and laptops have no wifi issues. I must be missing something with the PS4 set up
Old 04-09-2017, 01:35 PM   #3
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

What kind of wireless speeds you getting on laptop when it is in the same location of house as your ps4?

Also is router 2.4 and 5 GHz? If router has 5Ghz Is your phone and laptop connected to 2.4 or 5 GHz?

Last edited by Dave_S; 04-09-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:33 PM   #4
Rookie

CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA's Arena

Red face Re: Game Speed -- Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
Guys, this topic is probably going to be deleted as it's a bit out of bounds for this forum. Hopefully my historical input in this space buys me some good will and some help.

I haven't been on here or playing for a while. I went through a move. New house only has set up for my router on the main floor. I have the PS4 set up in the bedroom upstairs (directly above my office where the router is). Yet I can't play UFC online. The game lags so bad that people either quit on me or I feel bad for them and I quit and take the DNF% hit for them.

I've tested the connection which varies from DL ~4mbs at best but at times can be below 1mb. Upload is usually below 1mbs.

I've attempted changing to the google servers, and even coding in the specifics of my router during the manual network setup section. I'm out of ideas (and I'm very much a tech neophyte, so all these tries were based on an hour of reading forums).

Any help would be great. I finally have a chance to play a game a little with the kids and wife asleep! Now I have a $hit connection and have no idea what to do.

(Also, I can't hardwire the thing, I'm not near the router; ideas like this aren't an option.)

Thanks for any help!
buy a wireless booster plug i use two of them at home that way its like hardwiring it to the router without having to actually run a cable.the can transfer up to 500mb per second the cost about 45 euro you can but they in most computer or electronics stores.Basicaly its 2 plugs both have cat 5 connects on them you plug the main one into on of the spare ports on your router and the other into your ps4 it will automatical pick up the wifi password all you have to do then is select wire on your ps4 network settings.never ever use wifi.Unless you need to reset your router.hope that helps they are really good
Old 04-09-2017, 05:16 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA
buy a wireless booster plug i use two of them at home that way its like hardwiring it to the router without having to actually run a cable.the can transfer up to 500mb per second the cost about 45 euro you can but they in most computer or electronics stores.Basicaly its 2 plugs both have cat 5 connects on them you plug the main one into on of the spare ports on your router and the other into your ps4 it will automatical pick up the wifi password all you have to do then is select wire on your ps4 network settings.never ever use wifi.Unless you need to reset your router.hope that helps they are really good
What exactly? I tried googling and all I found were repeaters and extenders, which would give your signal more range but not more speed. What plug do you mean?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2017, 11:45 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
What kind of wireless speeds you getting on laptop when it is in the same location of house as your ps4?

Also is router 2.4 and 5 GHz? If router has 5Ghz Is your phone and laptop connected to 2.4 or 5 GHz?
I didn't test on the laptop, but did one on my phone. That may be useless for your question. Ping was 33, d/l was 4.3mbs, and u/l was 1.13mbs. Just from reading how to make this better, I know those numbers suck.

Your second question: Can you explain a little more about this. I ran into this a few times and have no idea what the 2.4 vs 5ghz deal is. How do I figure that out, and what is optimal once I do figure it out.

The last thing I did was manually enter the network setup stuff so I'm using the google servers (not sure that helped). Good idea to hardcore all that stuff in the network set-up, including the google server?

Thanks for any help and advice.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:47 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
What exactly? I tried googling and all I found were repeaters and extenders, which would give your signal more range but not more speed. What plug do you mean?
Could it be that I just need more range in the first place?

If you google how to make the PS4 connection better/faster and any other key word, you get a bunch of people talking over my head. But none of them seem to agree on anything either.

I haven't ever had a problem with wifi connection before. I either have a garbage router or my new house is made of signal jamming materials
Old 04-12-2017, 04:57 PM   #8
Banned

Buy ethernet adapters for wall plugs. It uses your house electrical wiring to transfer ethernet connection to the plug closest to your ps4. The speeds won't be as good as a straight ethernet cord but much better than wifi and it's a direct connection.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »