Home

What retro project interest you more for XBOX ONE ?

This is a discussion on What retro project interest you more for XBOX ONE ? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which retro set interest you the most for XB1 ?
92-93 season 7 35.00%
97-98 season 5 25.00%
NB 90's 6 30.00%
99-2000 season 3 15.00%
01-02 season 4 20.00%
USAB Historical set 1 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2017, 09:52 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 49
What retro project interest you more for XBOX ONE ?

Calling all retro heads out there, i got the itch to do a retro project and i got few ideas but have yet to nail dowe which one.

Most may know me from the last gen , regarding hex editing, help create REDMC/Redtior tool and some retro sets.

So basically ready to work on one to release for current gen.

Looking at standing season only or nice tournament set up. With roster specific setting / sliders.

1.92-93 season
2.97-98 season
3. NB 90's top "30-36" team's of the 90's
4. 99-00 season "ala my remake of NBA 2k on last gen"
5. 01-02 season
6. USA Basketball historical roster with top USA teams and international compeiters "ala my USAB Historical challenge for 2k12.

They will be like my past roster sets with as much detail as possible based on restrictions.
These set wil be meant to be played on myleague.

Polls will be open for a few weeks so vote.

Last edited by hokupguy; 05-09-2017 at 05:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2017, 08:42 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What retro project interest you more for XBOX ONE ?

Hi, Its good to hear you will be "taking your talents" into a new venture. I recently finished and uploaded a 2000-2001 season to XBL, Im not here to push that, in fact I would be happy if you want to use it in any way as a base. Im not going to get all precious about it.

Its by no means perfect, Im not a ratings guy, and concentrated more on look than substance, but Im happy with the way the look turned out. If you are interested my GT is Stilesy23, the most up to date version is NBA ACTION V10. I also created all courts and uni`s, with exception to those already in the game.

Im a big fan of your work and have always enjoyed the detail and passion you have for your rosters, shame we lost Vlad, but at least we got MyLeague.

Good luck with your new roster, and for the record I would like to see the 01-02 season, the return of the grand wizard..
Old 05-08-2017, 07:42 PM   #3
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoneyNoProblemz
Hi, Its good to hear you will be "taking your talents" into a new venture. I recently finished and uploaded a 2000-2001 season to XBL, Im not here to push that, in fact I would be happy if you want to use it in any way as a base. Im not going to get all precious about it.

Its by no means perfect, Im not a ratings guy, and concentrated more on look than substance, but Im happy with the way the look turned out. If you are interested my GT is Stilesy23, the most up to date version is NBA ACTION V10. I also created all courts and uni`s, with exception to those already in the game.

Im a big fan of your work and have always enjoyed the detail and passion you have for your rosters, shame we lost Vlad, but at least we got MyLeague.

Good luck with your new roster, and for the record I would like to see the 01-02 season, the return of the grand wizard..
thanks but i like to build from the ground up. Vlad actually doesn't work on NBA 2k, he does programming for games like mafia 3. Myleague came from the mind of leftos he was the other tools guy.

01-02 seems to be in the lead, so you may get your way.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:54 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Finding this thread just made my day. Hok happy to see your finally going to do one of your roster mods for xbox one . I vote for 92-93 that was a great season and also for the NB 90's . Not normally a fan of non same season teams playing against each other in a season set but its the 90's. Let alone the trailer videos you can make using actually audio and video from the NB 90's show from NBA TV . I image would super cool, based on your last few projects.

Regarding a possible NB 90's set. Would it be the best team of each franchise from the 90's. With at least one extra .How are you planing to do about Vancouver and Toronto ? They were pretty bad for the whole decade ? Also what about the Bullets and/or Wizards? Could we also see 1 or 2 dream teams mixed in with them.

I didn't vote for 99-00 or your USAB, because you did those on last gen. And they were great. But like to see something new from you. But i am surprised only 15 people have voted. Looks like there arent many "retro heads" around any more or at least on xbox one.

Happy to see something coming for retro fans because it has not been a good yr for good retro sets for xbox one this year. There many that get started and never get done because people have lifes and what not. And the ones we get are not great at all.

Best of luck on this buddy .
Old 05-11-2017, 05:29 PM   #5
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeArcher
Finding this thread just made my day. Hok happy to see your finally going to do one of your roster mods for xbox one . I vote for 92-93 that was a great season and also for the NB 90's . Not normally a fan of non same season teams playing against each other in a season set but its the 90's. Let alone the trailer videos you can make using actually audio and video from the NB 90's show from NBA TV . I image would super cool, based on your last few projects.

Regarding a possible NB 90's set. Would it be the best team of each franchise from the 90's. With at least one extra .How are you planing to do about Vancouver and Toronto ? They were pretty bad for the whole decade ? Also what about the Bullets and/or Wizards? Could we also see 1 or 2 dream teams mixed in with them.

I didn't vote for 99-00 or your USAB, because you did those on last gen. And they were great. But like to see something new from you. But i am surprised only 15 people have voted. Looks like there arent many "retro heads" around any more or at least on xbox one.

Happy to see something coming for retro fans because it has not been a good yr for good retro sets for xbox one this year. There many that get started and never get done because people have lifes and what not. And the ones we get are not great at all.

Best of luck on this buddy .
yea its abt dam time right. if I do the NB 90's set I was thinking of adding a grizz and raptors team from the era. Because you could also say the Mavs were terrible but the 94-95 teams with the 3 j's was a fun team.

just want to make clear this will not be a roster mod like all my other past last gen sets. I can't do all things I could before no hex editing and no tools like REDitor/RedMC.

I am little surprised to there not more interest, either people went to ps4 or pc. Or they also don't like the options that were given. The other thing just setting up the myleagues and downloading team branding is confusing for some people. but there is still 2 weeks or so left till poll closes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2017, 07:24 PM   #6
Pro

laroche360's Arena

OVR: 10

[quote=hokupguy;2048831254]yea its abt dam time right. if I do the NB 90's set I was thinking of adding a grizz and raptors team from the era. Because you could also say the Mavs were terrible but the 94-95 teams with the 3 j's was a fun team.

just want to make clear this will not be a roster mod like all my other past last gen sets. I can't do all things I could before no hex editing and no tools like REDitor/RedMC.

I am little surprised to there not more interest, either people went to ps4 or pc. Or they also don't like the options that were given. The other thing just setting up the myleagues and downloading team branding is confusing for some people. but there is still 2 weeks or so left till poll closes.[/quote

Juo for some reasons all the retro heads seems to be on PS4... I am also surprise d your request has not yet met the expectations. ...for example I made an update of my 96 roster ..thar includes a lot of very good and effective cappa but u qn
Juo
Old 05-12-2017, 11:11 AM   #7
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

Yeah, retro people are mostly on PS4 for sure. I think there's just a general decrease in projects on this gen though, especially on XB1, I think last gen was the golden age of custom rosters haha. Glad to see you made the jump though, your projects are so great I'd buy a One for them and some of the Xbox exclusives I don't get to play on PS4
Old 05-12-2017, 11:40 PM   #8
All Star

Well, i don't have an actual number or goal of votes, but I am surprised. mainly surprised because I remember that last yr a lot of people on here complaining that there weren't any retro sets for xb1.

I have never thought that a retro roster set would be a system seller, but whatever works for u I guess.

92-93 season set is in the lead currently...

Last edited by hokupguy; 05-13-2017 at 01:09 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »