Home

Old Head 2K Dudes: Have You Actually TALKED To The Younger Generation of 2K Players?

This is a discussion on Old Head 2K Dudes: Have You Actually TALKED To The Younger Generation of 2K Players? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2017, 10:13 AM   #1
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Icon6 Old Head 2K Dudes: Have You Actually TALKED To The Younger Generation of 2K Players?

I work with Middle School students and I hear them talk about 2K quite often. Some of them are late for school because it and some don't get sleep because they are up all night.

It is always funny when they ask me why I don't "Be Grinding" (MyPark), and they can't comprehend how I am just not interested in playing any, "Create Myself and Play" mode.

They laugh when I tell them I play MyLeague and I control all 30 teams.
They laugh when I tell them I Do Player Lock.
They laugh when I tell them I actually run plays.

When I tell them that I probably only play the game about once/twice a week, they can't possibly understand that.

Then I hit them with this, "Man I have been playing 2K before yall dudes were BORN" I put in my years of service.

But yea, any interactions with younger 2K players? It is always refreshing to see the difference in mindsets when it comes to this series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2017, 05:21 PM   #2
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Old Head 2K Dudes: Have You Actually TALKED To The Younger Generation of 2K Playe

All mine are very bad

Those kids may be nice to you in class but as soon as they close their bedroom doors and their parents cant hear them that are little devils

Just know that
Old 05-30-2017, 07:29 PM   #3
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Old Head 2K Dudes: Have You Actually TALKED To The Younger Generation of 2K Playe

Generally the same experience as you. This game isn't even about NBA ball anymore when it comes to the masses

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-30-2017, 08:43 PM   #4
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

What age range do you consider to be the younger generation?
Old 05-31-2017, 09:56 AM   #5
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5

I guess playing style will remain the same among the massive, since young or old, if your not hitting 35 threes and generating 15 steals with one player in a 20 minute game you're now consider 2k abnormal sigh.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2017, 10:10 AM   #6
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Old Head 2K Dudes: Have You Actually TALKED To The Younger Generation of 2K Players?

Yeah I play with some online. All I hear when someone discovers a jumpshots they like are "it's lit" or "that jumpshot is wet" or when someone grab boards "snagging" lol and most of them thinks Kendrick Lamar is a GOAT. I think he's dope but far from GOAT. Oh btw I am 78 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by SeaTownGamer; 05-31-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:53 AM   #7
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

How we all look right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-31-2017, 11:01 AM   #8
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Yep. My little brother is 26 and he recently asked me to create a Myplayer to join his squad. Said they need a low post player and he remembered how I use to dominate down low with old Tim Duncan back in the day. I'm not one for the online stuff but I get it. At 31 I'm the old head, I guess. I still enjoy offline sim oriented franchise mode and the campaign in other games. I see the same thing with my 7 year old son and Minecraft/COD/Destiny. All he does is play with his friends, doesn't give a damn about campaign or any of that stuff. And I'm always buying new DLC or skinpacks or something. It's what gaming has become. The one thing I appreciate about 2K in the sports arena though is that they still care enough to put resources back into offline stuff like ML.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »