Home

Hall of Stats: All-Time Rosters (over a month spent)

This is a discussion on Hall of Stats: All-Time Rosters (over a month spent) within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2017, 03:14 PM   #1
Rookie

Wdk19's Arena

OVR: 0
Hall of Stats: All-Time Rosters (over a month spent)

Hey all, my goal in making an all-time roster was to have the most accurate overall ratings possible, so that each and every player's rating is indicative of the overall quality of their career.

I began by arbitrarily assigning a rating to each player, but then realized this would lead to subjective ratings, not at all my goal. Then I stumbled upon hallofstats.com, a site dedicated to determining a player's Hall of Fame worth based on different variations of the WAR stats, all directly from Baseball Reference. If any of you are real baseball geeks (I imagine more than a few are) go check this site out.

On Hall of Stats, a player with a 100 rating is figured to be Hall of Stats worthy. I decided that a 100 HoS rating should equal a 90 overall in MLB the Show. Babe Ruth holds the highest HoS rating at 399. I decided that this as well as Barry Bonds' 362 would be a 99 overall. I decided to increase a player's overall by 1 point for every 30 HoS points (15 for rounding purposes). For example, Kevin Brown has a HoS rating of 138, meaning that his The Show overall would be 91.

Next came the challenge of dealing with how to rate the non-Hall worthy players (sub 100 HoS rating). The overall scale I decided would start at 60 overall, representing a player with a 0 HoS rating, up to 89 overall for players with 99 HoS who just missed the 90 overall cut. The result was a scale that increased overall roughly every 3 HoS points.

To select the make-up of each teams 25-man roster there were a few rules. The make-up was as such: 5 starters, 3 relievers and next 4 best pitchers, 2 catchers, 1 1B, 1 2B, 1 3B, 1 SS, next best infielder, top 4 outfielders, and the next 2 best players (regardless of position). The team was selected using Hall of Stats ratings. Each player is only eligible for the team they compounded the most HoS points for during their career. For example, Frank Robinson is actually considered a Red on this roster because he recorded 127 HoS points as a Red, while only 65 as an Oriole. However, the rating used for selection is the player's career HoS rating, not only the rating they compiled for the team they are eligible for.

Once they teams were selected and ratings assigned came easily the most difficult part of this process and I have so many to thank for making it easier. By exporting players from 7 different historical rosters, I was able to get all but 12 players onto my roster. The remaining 12 I had to create (mostly pre-1900 players) but that is nothing compared to the time I could have had to spend if it wasn't for these 7 community members and their amazing historical rosters.

Knight165: T.B.T.C.1985
baumy300: 1996 Complete 25 man set
Vorse_W33Z: 2005 25 Man Roster
SC73Ray: All-Time WAR 25 Man Roster
dallmanator1: Franchise Stars
marsl4444: 1200 OLDTIME players
pjsnell10: OS All-Time Roster

If one of you is reading this, I can't thank you enough.
Please download and rate this roster (Hall of Stats: All-Time PSN: WDK19), comments and suggestions gladly accepted.

Last edited by Wdk19; 06-20-2017 at 03:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2017, 03:43 PM   #2
Banned

great work and ty. I am going to check it out in the vault.
is this season mode and what simulation sliders do you use ?
Old 06-20-2017, 03:48 PM   #3
Rookie

Wdk19's Arena

Re: Hall of Stats: All-Time Rosters (over a month spent)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashbuggie
great work and ty. I am going to check it out in the vault.
is this season mode and what simulation sliders do you use ?
I just finished the rosters today and haven't got a chance to sim a season yet, but I played a game and the sliders definitely need adjusted. It was very offensively leaning. I lost to the Dodgers 11-8 as the Reds lol.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:02 PM   #4
Banned

I will do some testing. I will try starter stamina @ 10 and reliever stamina @ ZERO.
Manager hook at 10.
depends on how the SP/RP are rated.
did you change any ages ?
Old 06-20-2017, 04:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Wdk19's Arena

The players are the age that they were during their best season when they were playing for the team that they represent in these rosters. That's weird to say I worded it wrong I'm sure but if you'll look up Jack Quinn, he didn't play for the A's (the franchise he has the most points for) until around age 40, and his best ERA while playing for the A's was at age 44, so he's 44 on the roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2017, 05:05 PM   #6
Pro

Why does mostly everybody have a batting gloves with there glove like Albert pujols , Carlos Beltran etc I look them up and they don't use that

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-20-2017, 05:09 PM   #7
Rookie

Wdk19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by natethebestever
Why does mostly everybody have a batting gloves with there glove like Albert pujols , Carlos Beltran etc I look them up and they don't use that

I'm not sure, I didn't edit equipment at all, just ratings.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:13 PM   #8
Pro

Oh okay

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »