Home

IP by Starting Rotation

This is a discussion on IP by Starting Rotation within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2017, 10:28 AM   #1
OuttaNaptown

punx317's Arena

OVR: 0
IP by Starting Rotation

How does your innings pitched spread out for your starters.

Mine is at

Latos 0
Cueto 0
Greinke 47.2
McDowell 9
Hernandez 42.1
I got all these guys at the same time, this random madness has gotta go

Sent from my B3-A30 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2017, 10:33 AM   #2
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Re: IP by Starting Rotation

How should random look? It's too small a sample size to expect them to even each other out, that wouldn't be random at all.

That being said, I know some people claim you can manipulate the system to make it pick certain pitchers so it might not actually be random
Old 06-28-2017, 12:10 PM   #3
OuttaNaptown

punx317's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
How should random look? It's too small a sample size to expect them to even each other out, that wouldn't be random at all.

That being said, I know some people claim you can manipulate the system to make it pick certain pitchers so it might not actually be random
That's a good question though, I guess there will be a wide range but I'm no savant so couldn't really guess what that range would be. The thing that irks me is the actual pitching matchups. For example your fifth best starter could be pitching well over half the games while your opponent could just plain be having better luck in getting his 1 or 2 consistently. Your right though this is a small(I recently overhauled my team but had the same 2 pitchers getting the vast majority of starts prior to the overhaul unfortunately) Your right though this sample size is too small that's why I'm curious how others' starting staffs breakdown. Did the developers ever explain why they went with the random selection? Just curious...

Old 06-28-2017, 12:11 PM   #4
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

Well, since yesterday my Rotation was AS Hunter, AS Wacha, AS Colon, AS Cahill, and Felix/Rookie Felix. I got Felix/Rookie Felix 7 times, and the All Star gang 0. So then I replaced them with Breakout Rich Hill since he has a challenge, and I got him twice
Old 06-28-2017, 12:12 PM   #5
OuttaNaptown

punx317's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdfc
Well, since yesterday my Rotation was AS Hunter, AS Wacha, AS Colon, AS Cahill, and Felix/Rookie Felix. I got Felix/Rookie Felix 7 times, and the All Star gang 0. So then I replaced them with Breakout Rich Hill since he has a challenge, and I got him twice
Ouch

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2017, 12:15 PM   #6
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Since the AS program launched I have Saberhagen, Wacha, Cahill, Drabek (PIT epic) and Sale just to fill out the numbers. So far had Wacha, Wacha, Wacha (sorry, couldn't resist) Saberhagen three times, Sale twice and neither of the other two yet. So my 5th and maybe 3rd starters haven't had a game yet?
Old 06-28-2017, 12:21 PM   #7
OuttaNaptown

punx317's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Since the AS program launched I have Saberhagen, Wacha, Cahill, Drabek (PIT epic) and Sale just to fill out the numbers. So far had Wacha, Wacha, Wacha (sorry, couldn't resist) Saberhagen three times, Sale twice and neither of the other two yet. So my 5th and maybe 3rd starters haven't had a game yet?
Hahahaha good 1, I just checked my last five games. They Felix, Felix, Felix, McDowell, felix

Old 07-03-2017, 10:39 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by punx317
That's a good question though, I guess there will be a wide range but I'm no savant so couldn't really guess what that range would be. The thing that irks me is the actual pitching matchups. For example your fifth best starter could be pitching well over half the games while your opponent could just plain be having better luck in getting his 1 or 2 consistently. Your right though this is a small(I recently overhauled my team but had the same 2 pitchers getting the vast majority of starts prior to the overhaul unfortunately) Your right though this sample size is too small that's why I'm curious how others' starting staffs breakdown. Did the developers ever explain why they went with the random selection? Just curious...

Just a quick note. You and your opponent get the same number in the rotation. If you pull your #3 you are playing their #3. Same goes up and down your rotation for every game against human and computer in DD.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »