Home

Madden 18 CFM Gameplay - Steelers at Ravens (SimFballCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 CFM Gameplay - Steelers at Ravens (SimFballCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2017, 03:53 PM   #1
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Madden 18 CFM Gameplay - Steelers at Ravens (SimFballCritic)

SimFBallCritic has posted another Madden NFL 18 gameplay video. This one is a CFM match between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens in the rain.

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by Steve_OS; 08-13-2017 at 11:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2017, 03:54 PM   #2
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden 18 CFM Gameplay - Steelers at Ravens (SimFballCritic)

I liked this video and I thought it may have been on All-Madden but after watching the whole thing I think it was still All-Pro, it looks a lot like what I've been playing in M17 recently. Coverage seemed okay but like it's been mentioned it seems like the flats are open a lot.

1:52 - I don't know what in the world the LT is doing. Less than a second after the snap he's looking like he wants to block the LG then moves inside the guard, let's a player run right by him, rubs on the guard some more and let's another guy go by. Very odd looking play.

2:57 - Look at target passing being used that was in Sim's other video.

3:45 - Like seeing the fight (or at least struggle) out of the RB. Hope that happens more often.

5:20 - This is the type of thing I want to see so much more of. It still looks really awkward but it looks so much better when they're reacting to what's going on around them.

5:31 - Just horrible coverage. I don't care what the ratings are on the corner he should never be doing anything like that. Gets beat inside and then just stops at the goaline for no reason.

5:53 - A tidbit of commentary relating to the ticker for CFM

6:21 - Liked how tight the coverage was on the TD. Part of what makes me think this was All-Madden.

6:47 - Well blocked run but the safety played it weird. Seemed like he had an angle to at least cause an interaction then all of sudden ducks down giving up the angle. Would have like to seen him continue to push the angle towards the sideline.

7:24 - Loving the push by RB's in this video. Not seeing the limp legs upon contact like I've seen in many other videos and that I've seen a ton of in M17.

8:02 - More good QB movement. Still ends in a sack but if it was a faster QB and he actually scrambled it would have been perfect. More, more, more of that.

9:46 - Nice inaccuracy. The more of that with all QB's the better.

10:40 - Would have much seen Flacco scramble there. This was an issue in M17 where QB's would do everything they could not to scramble even if there was tons of room. Mess of a play that was.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:28 PM   #3
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

1 thing I'll def say after watching a few more videos is that they all look MUCH BETTER ON A TV!! Lol. I should know this by now. But, I normally watch stuff on my oversized iPhone. Which is good for what it does. But, admittedly, I started watching vids through YouTube app on Xbox one on my 55 inch UHD to see what it really looks like. And, really, it is nice. It's clean. It's sharper than 17, so I think some frostbite and/or some graphics love is there that u don't see on your phone. Lol

This video, in particular, I actually saw flacco move in the pocket multiple times. The one time deuce mentions above was good and bad. He makes the appropriate decision to scramble left, but he has ACRES in front of him. What does he do? He turns back right and flings a ball across the field. Almost the worst throw u could possibly make, and it's complete, of course. So, that's a tough one. Good to scramble, but should've continued his run.

Looks like sim had a close game, so still curious about the current zone situation.

Overall, the animations are quicker and slicker, imo. Players don't seem to get 'stuck' in an animation forever and jukes really work. And, I'm seeing the CPU use them decently as well. So, all of that is good.

Off topic, I don't feel like finding the video. I think my YouTube found it. But, it must be the new color rush for the Falcons. Red pants with black jersey and black helmet!!! Omg, those are FIRE!!! I liked the all reds last year, but honestly, they weren't amazing, imo. I like seeing more variety, so the red pants with black jersey really just looks totally sick!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2017, 04:54 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Good and bad impressions mixed. Gonna list impressions because its the Ravens :P

-I liked how the AI used special moves, though the usage didn't seem all that intelligent

-It was curious, AI Flacco was slow on his reads only for drags and shallow crosses. His timing was on the money for other stuff. Think this is a intentional design decision.

-Around the 2:40 mark, Ravens facing a 3rd and 8. Flacco passes to Gilmore on the sidelines and he has room to run and probably pick up the first, but he immediately goes out of bounds. So this was fixed for the user but not the AI?

-Tucker came up short on a long field goal. Thats not sim

-I'm already a little tired of that diving catch from the 3 minute mark. Think I found the cheese for the online guys

-Liked the interception by Jimmy Smith at the 3:20 mark because it looked like he didn't catch it cleanly. But I didn't like them saying into double coverage (it wasn't) and I was a little alarmed by how well Ben kept up with him in pursuit

- Really did not like the reaction time by the safety at the 4:22 mark. Ball was thrown right at him and he didn't react until far late. Ugh

-In general, the AI still calls cover 1 too often

-Really liked the bad pass at 5:15

-What deuce said about 5:20 and the next play. That was painful to watch

- Go route at 5:45. Jimmy Smith was still looking at Ben while Bryant passed him. That was bad, but also in that situation no way should he have been able to catch up to him after that.

-What was gilmore doing at 7:50? He released his block to run upfield and block grass. RB got lit up in the backfield. Bad situational awareness

-Liked the sack at 8:25

-Little thing I absolutely loved and we need more of at 9:37. Flacco took one step forward while in the pocket as a result of edge pressure on his blindside. Can't stress enough that this is what I love.

-10:35 more safeties daydreaming. Ball pops out and could have been a big interception, but the safety doesn't even react to the ball a couple feet away from him.

-Damn scripted gameplay to end it. Ravens mounting a comeback drive and Madden decides to make them fumble. Sometimes the game just decides you have to lose. No wait, it was the AI that fumbled allowing the user to win. Its all good.

-Game was definitely played at all pro, no doubt about it. It was very open gameplay, and AI defenders reacted late.

All in all I am happy with AI Flacco's performance. Now I am speculating on the possible reasons that Flacco behaved well but Tom Brady is a statue.

Wanna disagree with Deuce's preference for Flacco to scramble at the 10:40 mark. He didn't have the sideline because of the defender. The middle was open but that late in the game the clock was a factor. (though I am sure clock didn't enter into AI Flacco's mind). Most of all though, real life Joe would have thrown and not ran.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:59 PM   #5
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm starting to think the CPU ball carrier AI this year is even worse then last year. I'm seeing this same behavior from runningbacks in every video.

Wide open room to run, stops and jukes right into the defender. Its absurd.

Could someone tweet this to Rex?

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 08-12-2017 at 05:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2017, 05:10 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

^^Agreed. In those situations they need to make cuts to get up field, not special moves that slow them down. Few years back this was when users did the quick double juke move.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:22 PM   #7
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0

Pass blocking on both sides too OP. No push from defensive linemen, too much space between the QB and the back of his offensive linemen due to no push, another year of stonewall blocking for a few secs then free run at the Qb.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:36 PM   #8
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

There's still so many legacy issues with this franchise that they haven't fixed. The RB juking instead of running in open lanes, the QB scrambling, CB's just stopping instead of covering letting WR's get separation.

What legacy issues did they fix again?

I really wish we would have gotten gameplay videos EARLY so we can give this data to Rex much earlier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »