Home

Where is the news?

This is a discussion on Where is the news? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2017, 08:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Where is the news?

With 2k's blogs heating up and explaining absolutely all the new additions to the game, it's worrying to me that NBA Live has still to talk about all other aspects of the full game....

No Ultimate Team news? zero?
No franchise mode news ? the mode that keeps people playing for (arguably) the longest time ? with all the changes 2k did to theirs?
No roster editing/draft class news?

I mean, Im not comparing, I'm a franchise head and I will buy Live regardless, along with 2k. I also know its pretty impossible for Lives franchise mode to be up to par with 2k's additions every year, but it would be nice to see what they are doing after all the wait...

If this wonderful gameplay on the court is met with a playable and enjoyable franchise mode, I will be really freaking happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2017, 09:48 PM   #2
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Where are the news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoribas3
With 2k's blogs heating up and explaining absolutely all the new additions to the game, it's worrying to me that NBA Live has still to talk about all other aspects of the full game....

No Ultimate Team news? zero?
No franchise mode news ? the mode that keeps people playing for (arguably) the longest time ? with all the changes 2k did to theirs?
No roster editing/draft class news?

I mean, Im not comparing, I'm a franchise head and I will buy Live regardless, along with 2k. I also know its pretty impossible for Lives franchise mode to be up to par with 2k's additions every year, but it would be nice to see what they are doing after all the wait...

If this wonderful gameplay on the court is met with a playable and enjoyable franchise mode, I will be really freaking happy.
I'm with you man. I don't get it. I'm not sure what there plan is but 2k is burying them in the news cycle.

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 08-29-2017, 10:04 PM   #3
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

*is*

Agreed. The marketing behind this game has been absolutely terrible. It makes me wonder, are they just lazy (the absolute least you could do is promote via social media), or are they not confident/insecure in their product?
Old 08-29-2017, 10:34 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
*is*

Agreed. The marketing behind this game has been absolutely terrible. It makes me wonder, are they just lazy (the absolute least you could do is promote via social media), or are they not confident/insecure in their product?
EASports marketing has been bad this year with Madden and Live. Madden benefited from Devs willing to dish out info through Twitter and being only football game. But Live was different. Too much space between info. EA Play to drop website and gameplay. Then went quiet until Demo announcement and Companion App. There were legit skepticism from a lot that game might be delayed or cancelled since they didn't release a cover and release date until couple weeks ago. Since then nothing else again. 2k didn't release info until late July, but have stayed consistent ever since. But with Live, don't know when the next piece of info drops.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:40 PM   #5
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
EASports marketing has been bad this year with Madden and Live. Madden benefited from Devs willing to dish out info through Twitter and being only football game. But Live was different. Too much space between info. EA Play to drop website and gameplay. Then went quiet until Demo announcement and Companion App. There were legit skepticism from a lot that game might be delayed or cancelled since they didn't release a cover and release date until couple weeks ago. Since then nothing else again. 2k didn't release info until late July, but have stayed consistent ever since. But with Live, don't know when the next piece of info drops.
I'm still worried they might cancel!

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2017, 10:48 PM   #6
Pro

im pretty we'll hear something pretty soon - no way its cancelled.

while im just as info thirsty as the next man, i have to say..2k is dropping a TON of solid info however we have been able to actually play Live the past few weeks. with 2k, we've only been able to read about and watch bootleg videos.

id bet we get something next before the 8th?..
Old 08-29-2017, 10:56 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
I'm still worried they might cancel!

I wouldn't go that far lol. Up until they released the release date, I was skeptical. But I think they felt they had to have a pre-order deal for $20 off. With a lot of people now being able to buy it from the range of $30-40(with best buy balances), It helps them make an easier decision. I think if they would have released at the $59.99 price, A lot of people probably wouldn't have bought it unless they were tired of 2k or truly loved what they saw on demo.

They are getting back to a better state. I think by Live 20, they could start competing with 2k. They need to add vast depth, improve graphics/visuals, upgrading franchise.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:34 AM   #8
Pro

zrohman's Arena

As some have said they are probably focusing on Madden, until early September, they don't want to affect Madden sales

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »