Home

Why I'm done with MyTeam/Massive MT Giveaway

This is a discussion on Why I'm done with MyTeam/Massive MT Giveaway within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2017, 08:50 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Why I'm done with MyTeam/Massive MT Giveaway

With 2K18 dropping in a week, the grind will begin once again for most MyTeam players. I won't be joining you. 2K17 is the first time I played MyTeam...and man did I play some MyTeam. Over 450 games, countless hours sniping, and*more money spent than I care to admit. In the end, I got PD Duncan...and I'm totally burnt out. I can't imagine starting the whole process over, especially knowing what I know now about the mode.

Every two weeks is a shameless money grab with increasingly unrealistic and juiced up cards to get us excited (Jimmer w/HOF badges ring a bell?). They play on our worst impulses, and I absolutely gave into it. I don't really regret it because of all the hours of entertainment I got out of the game, but it's not worth it to me to start from scratch and do it again.*I had a lot of fun, but it's not worth the stress, time and money I know it will take to get PD Shaq, which is ultimately where my goal-driven, competition-obsessed mind would drive me. With what appears to be significant gameplay improvements and the addition of all-time teams, I'm going to do offline franchises and play PNO when I need to get my user v user fix. I want to give a big shout out to everyone who has given helpful advice over the last year. I really enjoy the 2K community.

With all that said, I'm going to do a little bit of good for the people still grinding 2K17. On Wednesday I'm going to sell my Cavs all-time squad, and I'm going to give away that MT for the price of FREE. I estimate I'll net 500-600K from selling my team. To claim some (or all) of that, here's what you need to do. Post a player from the Cavaliers '17 collection (the one with Sapphire LeBron, Emerald Kyrie, etc) so that it's available Thursday (9/14) at 8AM EST. Make sure you put it up for*a starting bid of 23,600 MT with no BIN. At that time, I'll search for those cards and drop all my MT. I might put all 500K+ on one card, or I might spread it out between a handful. Just kind of depends how I'm feeling. I figure this way I can be fairly sure someone from here or 2KMT Central (where I also post) will get that MT instead of selling all the cards for 500MT for some random sniper to profit from. Good luck!

I'm on PS4, btw

Last edited by Nickstank; 09-12-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2017, 03:47 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Why I'm done with MyTeam/Massive MT Giveaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
With 2K18 dropping in a week, the grind will begin once again for most MyTeam players. I won't be joining you. 2K17 is the first time I played MyTeam...and man did I play some MyTeam. Over 450 games, countless hours sniping, and*more money spent than I care to admit. In the end, I got PD Duncan...and I'm totally burnt out. I can't imagine starting the whole process over, especially knowing what I know now about the mode.

Every two weeks is a shameless money grab with increasingly unrealistic and juiced up cards to get us excited (Jimmer w/HOF badges ring a bell?). They play on our worst impulses, and I absolutely gave into it. I don't really regret it because of all the hours of entertainment I got out of the game, but it's not worth it to me to start from scratch and do it again.*I had a lot of fun, but it's not worth the stress, time and money I know it will take to get PD Shaq, which is ultimately where my goal-driven, competition-obsessed mind would drive me. With what appears to be significant gameplay improvements and the addition of all-time teams, I'm going to do offline franchises and play PNO when I need to get my user v user fix. I want to give a big shout out to everyone who has given helpful advice over the last year. I really enjoy the 2K community.

With all that said, I'm going to do a little bit of good for the people still grinding 2K17. On Thursday I'm going to sell my Cavs all-time squad, and I'm going to give away that MT for the price of FREE. I estimate I'll net 500-600K from selling my team. To claim some (or all) of that, here's what you need to do. Post a player from the Cavaliers '17 collection (the one with Sapphire LeBron, Emerald Kyrie, etc) so that it's available next Friday (9/15) at 8AM EST. Make sure you put it up for*a starting bid of 23,600 MT with no BIN. At that time, I'll search for those cards and drop all my MT. I might put all 500K+ on one card, or I might spread it out between a handful. Just kind of depends how I'm feeling. I figure this way I can be fairly sure someone from here or 2KMT Central (where I also post) will get that MT instead of selling all the cards for 500MT for some random sniper to profit from. I'll bump this thread on Thursday. Good luck!

I'm on PS4, btw
I am one step ahead and went through what you did the first time they dropped the auction house in 2k16. What i learned is do not spend time "grinding" in the auction house or money on vc. I had millions of mt and i was smart enough to sell them once i realized the time i wasted getting them would be worth nothing soon. Considering the hours it took to get them it was a waste of time. Also, i had all the leaked pd twitter codes for free.

Once myteam becomes full of diamond card try hards just switch to mycareer and play now on line.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:42 PM   #3
Pro

roboas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
I am one step ahead and went through what you did the first time they dropped the auction house in 2k16. What i learned is do not spend time "grinding" in the auction house or money on vc. I had millions of mt and i was smart enough to sell them once i realized the time i wasted getting them would be worth nothing soon. Considering the hours it took to get them it was a waste of time. Also, i had all the leaked pd twitter codes for free.

Once myteam becomes full of diamond card try hards just switch to mycareer and play now on line.
How many PDs were there in 16 big guy?
Old 09-10-2017, 09:51 AM   #4
MVP

Consider yourself lucky if you can quit the mode and not come back. It's like a gambling addiction for NBA gamers. I played it every year until now, it's out of my system and I don't plan on going back. The auction house alone meant you thought about the mode morning, noon, and night because you were always monitoring your items. There's just no ultimate payoff, no reward for your time and effort because every year you start from scratch. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the basic idea behind this mode and it is fun at first but imo its more pain than pleasure. And remember the YouTubers who promote it are doing it for self-promotion and financial gain. We don't get anything out of it. I'll be curious to see how this year goes, but it looks like it's going to be more of the same.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:56 PM   #5
Pro

roboas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
Consider yourself lucky if you can quit the mode and not come back. It's like a gambling addiction for NBA gamers. I played it every year until now, it's out of my system and I don't plan on going back. The auction house alone meant you thought about the mode morning, noon, and night because you were always monitoring your items. There's just no ultimate payoff, no reward for your time and effort because every year you start from scratch. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the basic idea behind this mode and it is fun at first but imo its more pain than pleasure. And remember the YouTubers who promote it are doing it for self-promotion and financial gain. We don't get anything out of it. I'll be curious to see how this year goes, but it looks like it's going to be more of the same.
Agreed. I couldn't look at a clock without thinking to myself how many minutes it was to the next refresh - even if I was miles away from my xbox.

To add longevity to the mode beyond just waiting for the playoffs to release decent cards, there should be a system where you can get high 90s players at release thru packs and play, and just rotate those things throughout the year. In 2k15 it worked that you could have a decent ruby Russell or Hakeem within a month of release and MJ before new Years, with complimentary cards like Kobe, TMac, and VC all on their own relase time frames. Now we just get 6 versions of each, each one just slightly less worse than the one before it until the end of the year where we got Magic bombing 3s, Sleepy Floyd doing windmills, and Kyrie playing defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2017, 03:20 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
it's a very crazy addiction and i am out for 2K18 even if it looks crazy. i will save time, social life and money so i am happy. I didn't renew my Xbox live account so i don't have that temptation.
And yes don't be fooled by those Youtubers, they are here to make cash same 2K not you.
At the end of the season you got pleasure for playing the game but at what price ?
A super limited edition game that costs a lot and every two weeks packs and packs.
Good luck for you guys and have fun
Old 09-11-2017, 04:19 PM   #7
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank

I'm with you on MyTeam. I said after I got screwed out of that $100 that I'm switching over to Live because 2k doesn't deserve our money. I've been very pleased with how good the Live demo is, and I've pre-ordered Live and will not buy 2k. I'm all in on Live. We'll see about Ultimate Team. I always enjoyed Park in 2k, and Live's version of Park is really enjoyable.

I had a lot of fun here last year. I spent way more time here than I should have, that's for sure. If you guys are sticking with 2k, enjoy. I welcome you to join me in Live. Give it a try - it's only $40, which will get you exactly nothing in MyTeam.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:17 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaceZ7
I'm with you on MyTeam. I said after I got screwed out of that $100 that I'm switching over to Live because 2k doesn't deserve our money. I've been very pleased with how good the Live demo is, and I've pre-ordered Live and will not buy 2k. I'm all in on Live. We'll see about Ultimate Team. I always enjoyed Park in 2k, and Live's version of Park is really enjoyable.

I had a lot of fun here last year. I spent way more time here than I should have, that's for sure. If you guys are sticking with 2k, enjoy. I welcome you to join me in Live. Give it a try - it's only $40, which will get you exactly nothing in MyTeam.
The problem with MyTeam is that you can build a MASS exploit team. Was 5-out the most effective offense last year? You could find tons of Centers with 90 3s etc.

Add this with the massive badges, unrealistic juiced cards etc, and you end up with a game that has NOTHING to do with basketball sim

PNO is much more interesting gameplay wise but unfortunately until 2k17 it was very repetitive

If all-time teams are available for PNO I will not bother at all with MyTeam

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »