Home

NBA 2k too SIM,less FUN

This is a discussion on NBA 2k too SIM,less FUN within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 12:50 AM   #1
Rookie

RAELpogi's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2k too SIM,less FUN

Hey guys, just wanted to say that i am an avid fan of 2k, basketball in general. So basketball season is about to start in gaming. As any of u guys here i am excited. I was a little dissapointed in last years 2k (2k17). The reason for this is that for me the FUN of it was not there. I will elaborate later. And as i watch vids ok 2k18, im worried that it will be the same. When i say the fun is gone, i mean is it is too predictable, too robotic It does not feel organic. Like every play felt scripted. Even substitutions was predictable. It just didnt feel natural. Again on the vids i have seen for 2k18. It looks like the same problem.

LIVE drops the demo first. My expectations were very low. The last LIVE i played was '05(melo cover). First game felt weird, with controls etc. But i found myself playing it over and over. Then it hit me. "This is pretty FUN! not bad at all!" and i kept telling myself that, Nah this sucks, its LIVE. But man, i was surprised! Let me add that i am only talking about gameplay here. Graphics wise its good but 2k still has the best graphics especially the body types. And commentary and all of that etc. 2k has that all covered.

Again i comeback to gameplay. Live was just fun and organic. Even there subs seemed more realistic. I forgot to mention, i also enjoyed there presentation except for commentary.
And yes i downloaded The Prelude. i am optimistic, it felt more FUN. But i need to play a full game. It felt more loose, and felt good. I will be purchasing both games. But for now LIVE takes it for me. Cant believe i am saying that. But again it surprised me and i keep saying it.. it is FUN. Brings back the memories when LIVE was making good hoop games. I am happy for EA. This is good for us consumers. We all win at the end. Pls feel free to give your thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2017, 12:53 AM   #2
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Re: NBA 2k too SIM,less FUN

Then lower the game difficulty man or edit the sliders to how you please.

As for online game modes, I think it's not enough sim if anything. Players shooting 80% from the field and 70% from three is definitely not sim
Old 09-09-2017, 12:55 AM   #3
Pro

JJRuelz's Arena

OVR: 4

I've been playing 2KU for hours it's so fun. And I prefer an arcadey feel.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:57 AM   #4
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

What is it with thread starters always saying "I'm a big fan of 2k" then the next few paragraphs LIVE DEMO. There was a similar thread earlier that got locked doing the same thing. "I'M A HUGE FAN OF 2k BEEN BUYING IT SINCE BIRTH BUT LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT LIVE"

I'm convinced that you guys are some sort of bots just to spam the forums....
Old 09-09-2017, 12:59 AM   #5
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAELpogi
Hey guys, just wanted to say that i am an avid fan of 2k, basketball in general. So basketball season is about to start in gaming. As any of u guys here i am excited. I was a little dissapointed in last years 2k (2k17). The reason for this is that for me the FUN of it was not there. I will elaborate later. And as i watch vids ok 2k18, im worried that it will be the same. When i say the fun is gone, i mean is it is too predictable, too robotic It does not feel organic. Like every play felt scripted. Even substitutions was predictable. It just didnt feel natural. Again on the vids i have seen for 2k18. It looks like the same problem.

LIVE drops the demo first. My expectations were very low. The last LIVE i played was '05(melo cover). First game felt weird, with controls etc. But i found myself playing it over and over. Then it hit me. "This is pretty FUN! not bad at all!" and i kept telling myself that, Nah this sucks, its LIVE. But man, i was surprised! Let me add that i am only talking about gameplay here. Graphics wise its good but 2k still has the best graphics especially the body types. And commentary and all of that etc. 2k has that all covered.

Again i comeback to gameplay. Live was just fun and organic. Even there subs seemed more realistic. I forgot to mention, i also enjoyed there presentation except for commentary.
And yes i downloaded The Prelude. i am optimistic, it felt more FUN. But i need to play a full game. It felt more loose, and felt good. I will be purchasing both games. But for now LIVE takes it for me. Cant believe i am saying that. But again it surprised me and i keep saying it.. it is FUN. Brings back the memories when LIVE was making good hoop games. I am happy for EA. This is good for us consumers. We all win at the end. Pls feel free to give your thoughts.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2017, 01:01 AM   #6
Rookie

RAELpogi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
Then lower the game difficulty man or edit the sliders to how you please.

As for online game modes, I think it's not enough sim if anything. Players shooting 80% from the field and 70% from three is definitely not sim
i did. the feel of the game seems predictable. and the sticky D is just annoying. even with decent stick skills. sorry i forgot to mention about online. i dont play online. only versus AI. that was the thread was about.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:08 AM   #7
Rookie

Could have put this in one of the impressions thread.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:08 AM   #8
Rookie

it's a video game, you're expecting too much.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »