Home

They made the thing I disliked the most, even worse!

This is a discussion on They made the thing I disliked the most, even worse! within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 05:33 PM   #1
Rookie

BannaCricket's Arena

OVR: 0
Angry They made the thing I disliked the most, even worse!

I always found searching through the free agents list to be a time consuming, and rather annoying. But at least the names were in alphabetical order, so I could just skim past the the names that did not apply. This year, the FAs and all rosters are sorted by rating. So to find a FA or a player on a team, I have search through the entire list of names until I find who I am looking for. I just don't understand how a grown adult at EA could have possibly thought that was a good idea! It was cumbersome enough before they changed it. Now it's simply ridiculous.

EA. Please sort names alphabetically. The rest of the world does it. Why not get in on it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 07:07 PM   #2
Rookie

Atticusxj's Arena

Re: They made the thing I disliked the most, even worse!

I'm not at home to try but can you not click the L3 button to sort the column of your choosing?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2017, 11:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BannaCricket
I always found searching through the free agents list to be a time consuming, and rather annoying. But at least the names were in alphabetical order, so I could just skim past the the names that did not apply. This year, the FAs and all rosters are sorted by rating. So to find a FA or a player on a team, I have search through the entire list of names until I find who I am looking for. I just don't understand how a grown adult at EA could have possibly thought that was a good idea! It was cumbersome enough before they changed it. Now it's simply ridiculous.

EA. Please sort names alphabetically. The rest of the world does it. Why not get in on it?
move so that the player names section is highlighted and then hit sort and it sorts it ABC order
Old 09-20-2017, 09:26 AM   #4
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

I've been hoping forever that they would add the feature that FIFA has (had?) for searching for players in general.

Let me select a position (for example: LD, RD, Defense, LW, C, RW, Forward, Goalie) and then you could select age range, certain attributes you wanted (Maybe I'm searching for a player who can shoot really well) and then lastly you could type in the first and last name, or just part of either to get a search return.

Made finding guys around the world in the game way easier. In NHL it's such a chore to want to trade for someone and go searching team by team because they've been traded at some point, searching through the rosters, not seeing them, finding the AHL roster and affiliate and searching those...just give us a damn search tool, EA.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:36 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAAFBall00
move so that the player names section is highlighted and then hit sort and it sorts it ABC order
This doesn't work in the rosters/player movement section. I can assure you we've tried.

As a roster maker - this was one of the most annoying changes they made to 18 - is taking me twice as long to do rosters this year. That in addition to not being able to create a player drafted in 2017 - which I just don't understand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 10:47 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

haven't dug into updating any rosters...how inaccurate are the default ones? i'm assuming the first roster update will be at the start of regular season?

I was already planning to eventual create some rookies like hirchier(sp), lias andersson, chytil, etc. too bad theres not nhl view program yet
Old 09-20-2017, 10:52 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I've been hoping forever that they would add the feature that FIFA has (had?) for searching for players in general.

Let me select a position (for example: LD, RD, Defense, LW, C, RW, Forward, Goalie) and then you could select age range, certain attributes you wanted (Maybe I'm searching for a player who can shoot really well) and then lastly you could type in the first and last name, or just part of either to get a search return.

Made finding guys around the world in the game way easier. In NHL it's such a chore to want to trade for someone and go searching team by team because they've been traded at some point, searching through the rosters, not seeing them, finding the AHL roster and affiliate and searching those...just give us a damn search tool, EA.
What's so asinine is the fact that this is the way you can search for guys in Franchise mode, but not the normal menu when trying to edit rosters.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-20-2017, 12:12 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 31

I wonder if they are making it difficult on purpose....perhaps the NHL or PA or even legal doesn't really want you editing rosters for some reason.

I feel for you guys even though i just use their rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »