Home

WWE 2K18 Community Impressions

This is a discussion on WWE 2K18 Community Impressions within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2017, 08:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
WWE 2K18 Community Impressions

why cant 2k ever get weight detection right in there wrestling games. you should not be able to punch a guy like braun stroman or andre the giant and have them drop to the mat or do a clotheline. its entirely unrealistic and ruins the realism and authenticity of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2017, 11:00 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 2
Re: weight detection rearing its ugly head again

Ideally that would be nice. But I image it’s a difficult thing to figure out and since it’s only really applicable to like 2 or 3 dudes on the roster the time it would take to develop it is probably deemed better used on other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-12-2017, 08:43 AM   #3
Rookie

wwe 2k 18 not realistic when fighting big wrestlers

why cant 2k fix the realism in the game when fighting big men or women in this game. from the videos i saw of gameplay before release next week. you can still suplex giant wrestlers. this makes the game unrealistic and dissappointing.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:35 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: wwe 2k 18 not realistic when fighting big wrestlers

It's always been like this. They have never implemented a good weight detection system. Day of Reckoning was good in that area because it was tough to lift a guy over a certain weight class. Yes, it was button mashing, but it still felt like weight detection. We've been asking for this aspect of the game for years. Maybe one day.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:57 PM   #5
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tullyd
why cant 2k fix the realism in the game when fighting big men or women in this game. from the videos i saw of gameplay before release next week. you can still suplex giant wrestlers. this makes the game unrealistic and dissappointing.
yes, it`s very annoying and honestly unbelievable that by this point they haven`t found the way to fix that yet.

What I usually do is removing giants from my universe (still keeping super-heavyweights like UT, Kane, Nash, etc.), as that kinda makes it less painful
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by boferibof
yes, it`s very annoying and honestly unbelievable that by this point they haven`t found the way to fix that yet.

What I usually do is removing giants from my universe (still keeping super-heavyweights like UT, Kane, Nash, etc.), as that kinda makes it less painful
The thing is, you shouldn't have to make your own "house rules" to enjoy the game. As you said, it's unbelievable it hasn't been fixed yet. We are in 2017 with next gen consoles and even newer ones on the way, and this issue exists like it did 10 years ago.

There should be some type of "damage absorption" rating. The higher the rating means the harder it is to knock the wrestler off his feet.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:59 AM   #7
Rookie

Another year SAME Universe complaints

1-Can't assign Managers STILL!
2-No draft option for the brand split
3-Royal Rumble you ALWAYS come out first.....Let me choose my entry and skip to it in match
4-Still can't control the superstar doing the run ins-UNBELIEVABLE!
5-No auto booking title shots on raw/smackdown
6-You LITERALLY have to create a caf in mycareer/can't import comm creation caf
7-NO king of the ring option or arena!

They literally did not add one major request this year.......I like to play Universe as one superstar like a mycareer but not with a caf. I wish they would add an option to select a superstar and have the autobooking focus on making sure that superstar gets booked constantly and follows their story closer than the rest of universe. Kind of like a combine of mycareer and universe. How they keep neglecting universe year after year is beyond me. Here comes the pain had it figured out I don't understand Yukes!
Old 10-13-2017, 10:23 AM   #8
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
WWE 2K18 Impressions

Now that the game is out for early release, post your impressions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »