Home

Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame Arrives February 13

This is a discussion on Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame Arrives February 13 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2017, 05:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame Arrives February 13

Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame is scheduled to release on February 13 for Xbox...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by hrudey32; 10-13-2017 at 05:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2017, 06:47 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: YEs!!! Monster Energy Supercross The Official Video Game!!

Just came here to post about this.....FINALLY!!!!

Beyond excited about this one.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:00 PM   #3
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Just saw this on Facebook. Nice!!!!
Old 10-14-2017, 08:19 AM   #4
Rookie

To Milestone, Monster Energy, Feld Entertainment, everyone involved with AMA Supercross & and all the fans of our great sport.

Not many of you know but I have worked a bit in video game development, mainly with the NHL2K series and more recently with a MX game series. Not the technical/development side but more the game design/idea implementation side of things. So I dig this stuff. In particular when it comes together with my passion for MY favorite sport and lifestyle, Supercross and Motocross.

With the announcement of Monster Energy Supercross The Official Video Game coming February 2018 for Xbox One, PS4, PC and Nintendo Switch....well, yesterday was a big day for me and for my sport. So I wanted to say thanks to all the people at Milestone, Monster Energy, Feld Entertainment and all involved with AMA Supercross.

Milestone, for the first time in 20 years and basically ever, has now announced a game that replicates our Monster Energy AMA Supercross series with 100% authenticity in riders, bikes, tracks, teams, points series, stadiums and riding gear. First. Time. Ever.

A full championship mode, a true career mode, full race replays and intuitive control using rear brake, shifting, an unparalleled ground physics game and cornering. 22 riders at the gate and on a proper scaled track at a believable, realistic game speed. An AI that is challenging and, most importantly, intelligent to run competent lines. Milestone's games have good collision detection. You can have some great battles on the track, in the corners.

A game that visually looks stunning and is meticulous in detail right down to every official rider's name and number font being 100% perfect on their bike and gear. I'm loving Malcolm Stewart's SICK looking Seven gear, btw, Milestone. Great additions to their MX franchise such as tv style on screen rider running order presentation, a track editor and who know what other greatness is in here.Every logo on every rider and bike look perfect. Every sponsor. The stadiums look incredibly well replicated as do all the sponsor tough blocks and banners. This looks like the NBA2K of our sport.

A game that is 100% Monster Energy Supercross...right down to the title!! THAT is important.

I am SO thankful to Milestone because they must be magicians. They just gave us the game that we were told in the past 10 years was impossible.

Excuse my Milestone fanboy-ism. For someone who's number 1 priority is authenticity and official licensing as well as great, realistic game play and actually replicating our sport's official series...yeah, well they knocked it out of the park.

If you a fan of Monster Energy Supercross, you basically just got your dream game handed to you. And, with support, the franchise will grow and continue as shown by Milestone's other sports series. Again, we've never had this for our sport of Supercross. Please don't take it for granted. Support Milestone and support Monster Energy Supercross The Official Video Game.

To anyone from Milestone, Monster Energy, Feld Entertainment and AMA Supercross reading this....thanks so much for making this game happen!!! I've been waiting for this game for over 20 years!
Old 10-14-2017, 10:19 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19

Great post hrudey32......It's awesome that this is FINALLY happening.

Seems like the core group of MX fans here have been wishing for this for about 10 of those 20 years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2017, 01:58 PM   #6
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

So happy to see 22 bikes in a race, rather than the normal 8 we usually get
Old 10-15-2017, 02:56 PM   #7
Rookie

Great interview with someone from Milestone about the development of Monster Energy Supercross The Official Video Game. I love how he says it was made FOR the supercross fans. At the same time there are regular settings for the mainstream but Pro settings for the hardcore fans.

THAT is how you do it. You make it for the fans of the sport, first and foremost, but also have ways the casual person can enjoy it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jXV1IUyUV8
Old 10-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #8
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Track editor is huge. Back in the days of Motocross Madness 2 on the PC I had over 500 tracks. There were some good track creators out there, I'm sure there will be with this game as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »