Home

Xbox 1 Post Patch5 Settings Save Issues

This is a discussion on Xbox 1 Post Patch5 Settings Save Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2017, 02:57 AM   #1
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

OVR: 0
Xbox 1 Post Patch5 Settings Save Issues

This is just a heads up to all the Xbox One users playing MyTeam post patch 5. Take note of you Settings and Coach settings EVERT TIME you enter the MyTeam mode. Both settings and Coach Settings have defaulted back to original settings, and every time I change them back they do not stick.

So let's say I change highlight play and after basket camera both off and all audio settings to 50. Then I go into Coach Settings, turn ACE Off, Timeouts and Subs both to Manual. Leave the settings menu I have the orbiting ball in the lower right corner signaling it's saving settings. Then I just leave MyTeam, go to the main menu and jump right back in, it will be set back to the default settings.

Please be aware, coaching settings tried to sub a bronze PG in during a Dom game last night and nearly screwed me. I created a ticket with 2KSupport.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2017, 08:14 AM   #2
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Xbox 1 Post Patch5 Settings Save Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
This is just a heads up to all the Xbox One users playing MyTeam post patch 5. Take note of you Settings and Coach settings EVERT TIME you enter the MyTeam mode. Both settings and Coach Settings have defaulted back to original settings, and every time I change them back they do not stick.

So let's say I change highlight play and after basket camera both off and all audio settings to 50. Then I go into Coach Settings, turn ACE Off, Timeouts and Subs both to Manual. Leave the settings menu I have the orbiting ball in the lower right corner signaling it's saving settings. Then I just leave MyTeam, go to the main menu and jump right back in, it will be set back to the default settings.

Please be aware, coaching settings tried to sub a bronze PG in during a Dom game last night and nearly screwed me. I created a ticket with 2KSupport.
Same thing on PS4 one of the earlier patches fixed the settings not sticking, but this last one broke it again.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:22 PM   #3
MVP

Yup, on PS4, we've been having to always check general Options/Settings, Coach Settings, Controller Settings every game. PITA.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:59 PM   #4
Rookie

Agree with those observations.

Also, playing MyTeam Domination I've had free throws being shot by my team with 2K camera frozen on a coach, etc. I had no way to regain control of my free throw shooting. Happened more than once focusing on a coach, fans in the stands, etc.. I hear the shot clanging off the rim\backboard.

Imagine your shooter bricks the shot and 2K announcers start joking about it!

Free throws can be hard to come to by in Historic Domination, for this to occur randomly is no laughing matter.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:07 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDAB
Agree with those observations.

Also, playing MyTeam Domination I've had free throws being shot by my team with 2K camera frozen on a coach, etc. I had no way to regain control of my free throw shooting. Happened more than once focusing on a coach, fans in the stands, etc.. I hear the shot clanging off the rim\backboard.

Imagine your shooter bricks the shot and 2K announcers start joking about it!

Free throws can be hard to come to by in Historic Domination, for this to occur randomly is no laughing matter.
This is probably occurring because you called a timeout. There is a bug that sticks camera like that if a timeout is called before first free throw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2017, 02:11 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
This is probably occurring because you called a timeout. There is a bug that sticks camera like that if a timeout is called before first free throw.
That may be true, as I typically don't do that, it's possible I'm triggering the "bug". I'll see going forward.

I say "bug" because the way 2K manipulates missed layups and dunks by my prime-timers yet allowing its generic players successful scores over prime-timers. All of which makes me think 2K influences behavior\results more than I prefer and expect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »