Home

Weekly Challenges - Boston Celtic #5

This is a discussion on Weekly Challenges - Boston Celtic #5 within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2017, 09:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Weekly Challenges - Boston Celtic #5

2K, how sloppy thou art in the final weekly challenge game with the Celtics. Let me count the ways:
  1. Jae Crowder on Celts Roster. I believe Kyrie was traded with Crowder in the deal.
  2. Kyrie has a shield around him. Defenders not reaching are impaling into Irving but he continues to dribble.
  3. Kyrie in the paint gets all day to fake up/down w/o 3 seconds being called.
  4. Fast breaks are inexplicably hard to achieve when all players run to the ball or clutter up the paint.
  5. MyTeam jogs back on defense more than often while Celts get 3-4 players in the paint in no time.
  6. CPU driven Bronze players have more quickness than their ratings, why? My bronzes are slogs.

More frustrating than it should be.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2017, 01:23 PM   #2
Rookie

shammgod97's Arena

Re: Weekly Challenges - Boston Celtic #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDAB
2K, how sloppy thou art in the final weekly challenge game with the Celtics. Let me count the ways:
  1. Jae Crowder on Celts Roster. I believe Kyrie was traded with Crowder in the deal.
  2. Kyrie has a shield around him. Defenders not reaching are impaling into Irving but he continues to dribble.
  3. Kyrie in the paint gets all day to fake up/down w/o 3 seconds being called.
  4. Fast breaks are inexplicably hard to achieve when all players run to the ball or clutter up the paint.
  5. MyTeam jogs back on defense more than often while Celts get 3-4 players in the paint in no time.
  6. CPU driven Bronze players have more quickness than their ratings, why? My bronzes are slogs.

More frustrating than it should be.....
This is the biggest piece of **** challenge I've seen in awhile. Not only does it not count rebound and transition baskets as fast breaks, it is saying I need ten fast breaks total, despite that it says ten fast break points on the screen.

After all of the nonsense, this is pushing it. Nevermind that fact that Bruce Bowen will just be a carbon copy of some other player with an alien face and mismatched stats/tendencies. Pretty much done with 2k after this week.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:32 PM   #3
Pro

roboas's Arena

I got really drunk last night and woke up with Bowen in my collection. What did I miss?
Old 11-18-2017, 04:06 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboas
I got really drunk last night and woke up with Bowen in my collection. What did I miss?
Haha. I did it merely tipsy.

I think there is some tailoring of the game to make it tough to get fast break points like Celtics being very aggressive on D and fouling to give up sure points to stop possible fast break points.

Also, I felt like both teams were shooting too high percentage. Like: they made shooting easy for Celtics so one gets less fast break oops...also made it easy for player so that winning was no problem...but fast breaks still not easy to come by.

I got baskets here and there that I thought should be faSt breaks but looked like were not counted. Thought I was going to be short by 2 or 3.

But when I left the game, got kicked right to screen showing 5 tokens for Bowen.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:43 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
It is saying I need ten fast breaks total, despite that it says ten fast break points on the screen.
I only scored 6 times on the fastbreak and still got credit for completing the challenge.

10 points is indeed the requirement, not 10 fastbreak scores like the in-game pop-up text suggests.

That said, this game's awful fastbreak logic where all of your AI teammates just run into the paint instead of filling each of the appropriate lanes (middle, left wing, right wing, trailer, trailer) made it a lot more difficult than it should have been to score in transition.

The best transition strategy in this game is to just turbo dribble in a straight line with a cheese card that has gold posterizer and a 100 dunk tendency then just wait for the CPU defender to run back and stand in the paint for an easy contact dunk.

Last edited by jyoung; 11-18-2017 at 08:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2017, 08:26 PM   #6
Rookie

shammgod97's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I only scored 6 times on the fastbreak and still got credit for completing the challenge.

10 points is indeed the requirement, not 10 fastbreak scores like the in-game pop-up text suggests.

That said, this game's awful fastbreak logic where all of your AI teammates just run into the paint instead of filling each of the appropriate lanes (middle, left wing, right wing, trailer, trailer) made it a lot more difficult than it should have been to score in transition.

The best transition strategy in this game is to just turbo dribble in a straight line with a cheese card that has gold posterizer and a 100 dunk tendency then just wait for the CPU defender to run back and stand in the paint for an easy contact dunk.
Yeah, you were right. I quit the first time because I only had 4 fast breaks in the third quarter, not realizing it would have given it to me. Did it again and got credit for it with only 8 fast breaks but 16 points.

It's obvious that the long, steady build-up on 2k bs is really getting to me. Need a break, but then there's nothing even close to the good moments in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »