Home

Looking For A Golf Game

This is a discussion on Looking For A Golf Game within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2017, 05:57 PM   #1
Rookie

GreenLightning's Arena

OVR: 0
Looking For A Golf Game

Just upgraded to current gen. Got Everybody's Golf nice game looking for something else. Rory TGC1 or TGC2?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2017, 06:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Looking For A Golf Game

Rory is very arcady. Tgc2 is very good

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2017, 02:04 PM   #3
Rookie

WooCRISPY's Arena

It kind of depends what you're looking for.

If you already have Everybody's Golf and enjoy it I would probably go with The Golf Club. Rory McIlroy PGA Tour is more arcade-y like Everybody's Golf (Even though EG has some real nice ball physics!) so going from EG to TGC would be the biggest difference in gameplay.

As for TGC vs TGC 2 I am not sure. I only have the original but I played the heck out of it. I am not sure how much was added to TGC 2 but it's sitting at around $20 so if you find most reviews saying it's an upgrade (even just a slight upgrade) I would grab it instead.

I already mentioned price but I can only find PGA for around $40 while TGC and TGC 2 will be half the price, so that's another thing to consider if the wallet is a little tight. I think TGC is the better game anyways, personally.

EDIT: but of course PGA will have real courses and players so that's another thing to consider. TGC has custom courses though so a lot of the famous courses have already been remade by people in the game. You can also make your own course.
Uploads for Everybody's Golf!
Old 11-26-2017, 02:36 PM   #4
Rookie

GreenLightning's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooCRISPY
It kind of depends what you're looking for.

If you already have Everybody's Golf and enjoy it I would probably go with The Golf Club. Rory McIlroy PGA Tour is more arcade-y like Everybody's Golf (Even though EG has some real nice ball physics!) so going from EG to TGC would be the biggest difference in gameplay.

As for TGC vs TGC 2 I am not sure. I only have the original but I played the heck out of it. I am not sure how much was added to TGC 2 but it's sitting at around $20 so if you find most reviews saying it's an upgrade (even just a slight upgrade) I would grab it instead.

I already mentioned price but I can only find PGA for around $40 while TGC and TGC 2 will be half the price, so that's another thing to consider if the wallet is a little tight. I think TGC is the better game anyways, personally.

EDIT: but of course PGA will have real courses and players so that's another thing to consider. TGC has custom courses though so a lot of the famous courses have already been remade by people in the game. You can also make your own course.
Rory is $9 in the PS Store. Saw a few videos of TGC on youtube not really impressed. Rory is just basically TW13 with a graphical upgrade isn't it?
Old 11-27-2017, 09:46 PM   #5
Rookie

WooCRISPY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLightning
Rory is $9 in the PS Store. Saw a few videos of TGC on youtube not really impressed. Rory is just basically TW13 with a graphical upgrade isn't it?
Oh nice, didn't know it was a part of the Playstation Store sale.

I have never played it myself but from what I have seen it looks that way.
Uploads for Everybody's Golf!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 10:15 PM   #6
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

TGC2 by far imo...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 11-28-2017, 09:59 AM   #7
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

I've got every golf game made for the PS4 and XBox One... The Golf Club 2 walks the dog on all of them, if you're into realism and an integrated, multidimensional swing interface that doesn't require watching meters.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 11-28-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:36 PM   #8
Rookie

Golfsprince's Arena

I think each game is good in their own ways.

The Golf Club 2 - A game that features hundreds if not, thousands of golf courses to play, while featuring better graphics than the first game, and the gameplay is phenomenal and authentic, an all-time great in the golf gameplay category. Apparel customization is great too, as you can literally choose any color you want for clothing and it's fun customizing your golfer.

Everybody's Golf - Probably the deepest golf game on the market, as you can play and explore open-world golf courses. This is also great obviously if you're a fan of quirky arcade-style golf. The gameplay here is also great, with impressive ball physics and solid swing animations. Also may have the deepest golfer customization of the three games (between EG, TGC 2 and Rory).

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour - A fun game if you enjoy a nice blend of arcade golf and authentic PGA Tour style presentation. The game's content isn't much, but playing online sort of keeps it fresh. Rory is a nice choice if you want to play a game with a PGA Tour/Golf Channel presentation, real courses, and real-world golf brands such as Taylormade and Bridgestone. That being said, it has the lowest amount of content of the three games.

So, overall, I think each game is unique in their own way and this is just my opinion which doesn't matter. I personally play and enjoy all three. Been playing EG the most lately because I enjoy the online setup but again, I like all three.

If I had to rank them, it would be:

1. The Golf Club 2

2. Everybody's Golf

3. Rory McIlroy PGA Tour

Once again, this is just my opinion and it doesn't matter at all. Follow your virtual golfing heart and have fun.

Favorite Teams

Golf - USA Ryder Cup Squad

NFL - Bears, Falcons

NBA - Bulls

MLB - White Sox

College - Northwestern Wildcats, DePaul Blue Demons, UIC Flames, DuPage Chaparrals

Last edited by Golfsprince; 12-03-2017 at 05:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »