Home

Submissions need tweaking.

This is a discussion on Submissions need tweaking. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2017, 02:50 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Submissions need tweaking.

Honestly, I would have preferred you guys kept the same system. There was nothing wrong with it and it created some very intense and exciting moments. This one could work I suppose, but you need to make the bars move faster/stay filled more in the next level/combination of both.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 02:54 PM   #2
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Re: Submissions need tweaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaLemur
Honestly, I would have preferred you guys kept the same system. There was nothing wrong with it and it created some very intense and exciting moments. This one could work I suppose, but you need to make the bars move faster/stay filled more in the next level/combination of both.
Aren't they practically the same, unless you are talking about simplified submissions?
Old 11-27-2017, 04:53 PM   #3
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Aren't they practically the same, unless you are talking about simplified submissions?
No its different because the gate progression does not reset your attempts to push out anymore. This is a good thing, especially for ultimate team where people would just spam submissions with their 90+ overall against others with low ground stats and get guaranteed submissions because it was impossible to push out before the next gate. Now, it's more of a mind game where you have to bluff and misdirect so even low ground stat fighters have a chance if they are smart enough.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:00 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBiskit
No its different because the gate progression does not reset your attempts to push out anymore. This is a good thing, especially for ultimate team where people would just spam submissions with their 90+ overall against others with low ground stats and get guaranteed submissions because it was impossible to push out before the next gate. Now, it's more of a mind game where you have to bluff and misdirect so even low ground stat fighters have a chance if they are smart enough.
Yes, in theory it works, but in reality the gates get pushed back too far for the four gate system to work in practice.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:20 PM   #5
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

I agree the submissions seem a little off , maybe to bars to defend even in full stamina ....not sure just. All the controls take time i guess...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 08:33 PM   #6
Banned

Rolltide1980's Arena

I have yet to be able to get out of a submission ,can't put my finger on it but the submission system seems different. It's like when I use the left stick to stop the submission from advancing it's not stopping it when I push the left stick in the designated direction. Guess I should have done the tutorial first to see what's changed
Old 11-27-2017, 09:19 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaLemur
I found one move submissions lol
Old 11-28-2017, 02:03 PM   #8
Rookie

The Subs are just WAY too easy to get, and way too hard to get out of. If the person going for the sub has lower stamina then me, then I should be getting out relatively easily imo

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »