Home

So let's cut to the chase....

This is a discussion on So let's cut to the chase.... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will you preorder or buy new?
Yes 43 68.25%
No 9 14.29%
Wait for more info on issues 11 17.46%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2017, 12:38 PM   #1
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

OVR: 0
So let's cut to the chase....

Is this a preorder or new purchase for you? Knowing the issues that have been discussed. Myself ill be monitoring the next few months to see if any changes will be made to some of the issues presented here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2017, 12:43 PM   #2
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Re: So let's cut to the chase....

I've thought about not getting it on release. There are quite a lot of things I don't like about the game that probably won't be fixed by release (most are in the thread with the concise list). At the end of the day though... I like MMA far too much to not get it at release. UFC 2 is pretty much all I've played on my PS4 for two years. Other stuff here and there but yeah.

I don't want to buy a game that could still do with tuning and fixes though so I might end up waiting a couple of months. I'd rather play it when it's the best it can be.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:44 PM   #3
MVP

I'll probably pre-order on January 29, just to get those 3 days early access because I've been having a bunch of fun with this.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:47 PM   #4
MVP

Yaari's Arena

I don't really do pre-orders anymore. Had a lot of fun with the beta, so I do want to get it. I hope we'll hear what gets changed prior to release, that would be nice.

Dragonball FighterZ comes out the same week too. I want both.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:49 PM   #5
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I was going to pre-order, but decided against it. I'm sure I'd enjoy the game a lot though.

Even if I didn't like a lot of online stuff I'm convinced I could have a lot of fun offline.

But like I said I haven't pre-ordered it. I'm really hoping for a free copy, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2017, 12:52 PM   #6
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

With the way the stamina issue is being addressed, it's a wait and see now. I had it preordered but that's gotta be fixed. I don't even wanna know how this game looks once everybody gets the combos down and there's no significant stamina effect.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-05-2017, 12:54 PM   #7
Rookie

UFC 4 would be the real deal maybe but UFC 3 has definitely stepped up further expectations. .I wouldn't pre-order after playing the beta.
Hope the stamina effect is shown in the release among other things.
Sent from my Moto G (4) using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by bram; 12-05-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:13 PM   #8
MVP

No pre-order but might buy new or used.

All depends on the hype leading up to release, especially the offline stuff. Was happy with the beta but I actually only played it for a few days out of the week or so I've had it which is odd as it's much better than 1 & 2, and I played a fair amount of EA UFC 2 beta!

New will go digital download. The advantage is if my disc drive craps out, I can still play (bought a pre-owned PS4 off eBay so no idea the life left on it). Plus I can feedback any bugs etc & it supports the devs.

Used means wait a bit but get it cheaper & a more polished version but no input on bug fixes. Also physical copy but can always resell one day come UFC 4 time so that's a plus.

It's great what they've done with the striking, and the fixes they probably have ready for the release but my excitement is middle of the range sort of thing. The thing is, what is new outside of this for offline players?

The thing that would really hit the game out of the ballpark now is the universe mode. Gameplay-wise, they are getting there for sure. But game modes wise, really there is not that much I'm excited about other than the new custom sliders.

So yeah, that's just my honest vibe at this point but of course, I can't stay excited 24/7. I'm sure with some hype videos & mode reveals, things can get more exciting. It's just, I've done this all before. It feels like that anyway.

Not to say I won't enjoy the game once it's out and polished, but there's nothing that new coming to the table in terms of modes, so I'm back to my pen & paper league instead of potentially having a universe mode, a Dana white mode, a gym manager mode etc. with lots of venues & locations all around the world, different rulesets, different rings like EA MMA.

They should be trying to match WWE in terms of offline modes. I don't play it much but their customisation & universe mode has a lot to offer. It's needed to add depth to offline play, otherwise it's up to our own creativity to come up with stuff pen on paper, and that is very time consuming & can become a chore to write down & won't have as much depth as an automated system which can edit fighter stats based on results, can allow you to setup matches etc. etc.

A good thing to compare it to would be EA Sports FIFA. FIFA offline with career mode, manager mode etc. adds depth and stakes to the offline play which would otherwise get boring fast if you just had exhibition & offline mode. It takes it from being a casual game you play once in a blue moon to something you play over the year and keep coming back to & progressing in. That is until you've played like 10 FIFA games and stop playing football games altogether but those 10 games were glorious & had some cool memories.

I'm 26 at this point and my patience with games in general has diminished. I'm looking forward to this for sure but know that when it does come out, I gotta be in the right mindset to enjoy it offline with my paper league deal and that sort of depends on how busy I am with work etc. It mustn't become a chore & at the same time I don't want to buy it & play it every once in a while so yeah, just depends nearer the time really as to how long it'll take me to buy the game.

Last edited by AydinDubstep; 12-05-2017 at 01:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »