Home

Settings constantly reset in every MyTeam game?

This is a discussion on Settings constantly reset in every MyTeam game? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2017, 01:26 AM   #1
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

OVR: 0
Settings constantly reset in every MyTeam game?

Just checking if this isn't only me for some reason, but does everyone else have the problem with Coach and Controller settings changing back to default every game?

I HATE the "screen controller" default option they added this year and prefer to use Circle for dribble hand off's, and every. single. game it reverts back to the default, time outs set to auto, play calling set to off, etc.

Can't believe UI bugs like this are STILL in the game, not to mention you can only sub one player out at a time in the on-the-fly coaching menu...

Sigh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2017, 10:50 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Settings constantly reset in every MyTeam game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
Just checking if this isn't only me for some reason, but does everyone else have the problem with Coach and Controller settings changing back to default every game?

I HATE the "screen controller" default option they added this year and prefer to use Circle for dribble hand off's, and every. single. game it reverts back to the default, time outs set to auto, play calling set to off, etc.

Can't believe UI bugs like this are STILL in the game, not to mention you can only sub one player out at a time in the on-the-fly coaching menu...

Sigh.
Yup, that issue was fixed until the second to last patch. Last patch didn't address the issue, it seems only coach settings stick sometimes.

EDIT: you can platoon sub using R2/L2 on PS4. RT/LT on XB1?

Last edited by Defconxx; 12-17-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:52 AM   #3
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Yes, this issue occurred two patches ago for me on X1. I created a service ticket and worked with support. I sent several videos and image captures. The best they could inform me was to wait for another patch and hopefully correct the issue...it did not.

They requested I clear my cache - did not fix the issue. They then requested I uninstall and reinstall - did not fix the issue. Just be sure to check settings before every game. Mine only happens if I go back to the main 2K menu screen. If I complete a game and stay in the MyTeam game mode all my settings stay how I've set them.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:57 AM   #4
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

2K support a.k.a Sanjeev in the Indian call center (gotta milk those profits!) and their suggesting to clear your cache is such a joke it's patronising as hell.

So many basic functions (UI issues, bugs, terrible only gameplay, VC scamming) that have changed for the worse... Load up a game and have to change all major settings every time... My God.

90% of my gaming time that would have been 2K in previous years is devoted to Tekken now, 2K should take notes from them on how to release an actual polished product.

And the "yearly release" excuse doesn't fly for a second - if you can't get your **** together and release a less buggy game then you shouldn't be doing annual releases period.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-18-2017, 01:15 PM   #5
Rookie

Yes, I have the same issue.

I am not giving 2K a pass here, but I think that The Neighborhood was such a huge undertaking for them that it has contributed to a lot of gliches and bugs throughout the game. In many ways it feels like a Beta. I believe we can thank The Neighborhood for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2017, 02:13 PM   #6
MVP

With the last Patch, any time you get an Update, or any time you exit out of MyTeam, all your settings will re-set.

And I've been too lazy to test, but Controller Settings may reset every game, no matter what.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:50 AM   #7
Rookie

RodionMaZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
And I've been too lazy to test, but Controller Settings may reset every game, no matter what.
yep, they do reset every game.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:46 PM   #8
Rookie

All I want for Christmas is a game that saves my Coach Settings and Controller Settings...that's my wish, Santa!

Unreal that in a mode called MY-Team that this is an issue.

I also do not understand why I have to change all of my in-game settings every game also. Why can't this be set BEFORE I go into a game to my preferred/base configuration...and then changed in-game.

BTW - the sub menu on PS4 is brutal.

You can 5 out, 5 in sub easily...but making multiple subs almost always results in problems.

For example, if I someone in at C and then try to make a sub at SG during a FT...what invariably happens is the SG sub sticks...but the first sub I made does not. It's clunky...and that's being nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »