Home

Don’t judge a book (set of sliders) by its cover

This is a discussion on Don’t judge a book (set of sliders) by its cover within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2018, 01:55 PM   #1
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

OVR: 0
Don’t judge a book (set of sliders) by its cover

Aight, so if you’re anything like me, you’re willing to sacrifice some realism to achieve fair game play.... Basically, it’s a video game and idgaf if it plays like a video game, as long as the CPU can actually beat me.

Disclosure: this slider set is not meant for realistic gameplay, but for a challenge against the CPU

I’ve noticed that with a lot of slider sets, no matter how we spin it, even with USER throw accuracy at 5, and other crazy low sliders, etc... we still produce completely dominant USER dynasties over and over again and the CPU just can’t seem to win...

I’ve been playing this game for years, and I can confidently tell you that I believe my set here produces the strongest challenge (until proven otherwise)...

Now it seems weird, but you’ve got to realize, that when it comes to sliders, the User and CPU both compliment one another... So if you shoot the user RB to 0, but put the CPUs at 100... it doesn’t always feel that way.

So here it is.

(My first season using these sliders, I lost 3 regular season games with a 99 all around team that just came off their 5th NC in a row)

Difficulty: HEISMAN OF COURSE LOL

Quarter length: 5 minutes, this allows for the CPU to play true to their designed quarter length programmed into the game and prevents the USER from having excessive time to make adjustments (like I said, not realistic)

Injuries: on

Fatigue: OFF (this is key)

Speed threshold: 75

HFA: I put it on, so away games are tougher, but it doesn’t matter.

Penalties: default, 50 all around

User sliders: 100% default, 50 all around (yeah I know it seems weird, but trust me)

CPU: 50 all around......
Except
Pass Block: 75
RB Ability: 100
Rush Defense: 100
Punt Accuracy: 100

AND WALA! There you go! Now go test them for yourselves, but be careful! You might lose a game, or two, or three

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Dj2360; 01-14-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2018, 09:50 AM   #2
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

Re: Don’t judge a book (set of sliders) by its cover

I used to run sets where the USER Throw accuracy was 5, and the CPU's was 80, and every slider was tweaked in this manner.... Basically drop the USER all the way down to almost 0, and push the CPU up to almost 100.... And it still never created a challenge... For some reason, having the USERS stuff down so low, and even bumping up the CPU, it ends up screwing up the AI.. and they dont play as well.

I know it seems counter-productive to have the USER sliders at 50, but it isn't about the USER, it affects the AI. When the AI has those specific ones pushed up to 75, and 100, with the rest at 50 (including the USERS), it just makes the AI much harder to stop on defense... That's the key, a lot of these games can turn into shoot-outs, and the CPU actually has a chance of winning...
Old 01-20-2018, 09:53 AM   #3
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

Re: Don’t judge a book (set of sliders) by its cover

I actually ran a more "difficult" variation of that one dudes "BLACK" set of sliders for a while on one of my longer dynasties...

I won 8 national championships in 10 years with that dudes "black" set... Then I changed to mine, and with a 99 all around roster, actually have only won 1 Natty in 4 years.... With a 3-loss season in there in fact.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »