Home

New 5 on 5 online mode is needed in 2k

This is a discussion on New 5 on 5 online mode is needed in 2k within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2018, 05:07 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
New 5 on 5 online mode is needed in 2k

Right now there are only three 5 on 5 modes

Myteam: Caters for the youngsters. Unrealistic stats, low difficulty level pay to win.
Basically a cheesers paradise

MyLeague Online: This is basically not really an option, as the player needs to find at least 10-15 friends that will keep playing even if they lose, and find same free time to schedule matches

PNO: the best of the above BUT very repetitive. You choose one team and play again other users. But with the tier system as is, you know, choosing a tier 1 team? You get matched-with All-time Lakers all the time. tier 3?GSW, Tier 4? Cavs. No incentive to keep playing

I would like a mix of MyTeam and PNO.
Make your own team,using real life players with their current overall and ratings and an Overall Cap.
Have the option to increase the cap by the league you are playing. Find some hidden gems. E.g Hezonja plays better than his stats suggest.
Do not use inflated stats on players or low difficulty level

On the other hand I guess 2k would never do that? Why give players an extra mode without microtransactions that would attract people?
I don't know. They could maybe charge it as an extra content/expansion pack. Do you want to download? Maybe pay 10/20$ to download it as an expansion

What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2018, 09:07 AM   #2
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

Re: New 5 on 5 online mode is needed in 2k

All Star Team Up? I want 2k to update that already with more legend players from the All time and new additions to the classic rosters. Remove unwanted players like current Dwight and add some sort of wins chart for the people who play it to be able to look back on.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:32 AM   #3
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Right now there are only three 5 on 5 modes

Myteam: Caters for the youngsters. Unrealistic stats, low difficulty level pay to win.
Basically a cheesers paradise

MyLeague Online: This is basically not really an option, as the player needs to find at least 10-15 friends that will keep playing even if they lose, and find same free time to schedule matches

PNO: the best of the above BUT very repetitive. You choose one team and play again other users. But with the tier system as is, you know, choosing a tier 1 team? You get matched-with All-time Lakers all the time. tier 3?GSW, Tier 4? Cavs. No incentive to keep playing

I would like a mix of MyTeam and PNO.
Make your own team,using real life players with their current overall and ratings and an Overall Cap.
Have the option to increase the cap by the league you are playing. Find some hidden gems. E.g Hezonja plays better than his stats suggest.
Do not use inflated stats on players or low difficulty level

On the other hand I guess 2k would never do that? Why give players an extra mode without microtransactions that would attract people?
I don't know. They could maybe charge it as an extra content/expansion pack. Do you want to download? Maybe pay 10/20$ to download it as an expansion

What do you guys think?
You have it right. 2k would NEVER allow players to assemble their own teams out of hand picked players either past or present WITHOUT paying real money in the form of micro-transactions. Nope, in order to do that you have to play the cesspool that is Myteam; and spend your hard earned cash in that god forsaken pay to play NBA Jam mode.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Old 02-19-2018, 04:59 AM   #4
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippenFan
All Star Team Up? I want 2k to update that already with more legend players from the All time and new additions to the classic rosters. Remove unwanted players like current Dwight and add some sort of wins chart for the people who play it to be able to look back on.
He is searching for a 5on5 mode where you control all 5 players, not one where you control one player and 4 other people the other players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »