Home

Why is it so easy to drive by cpu defenders. Any fixes out there, drives me nuts

This is a discussion on Why is it so easy to drive by cpu defenders. Any fixes out there, drives me nuts within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2018, 05:31 PM   #1
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Why is it so easy to drive by cpu defenders. Any fixes out there, drives me nuts

Are they ever going to fix it so it’s not so easy to blow by a defender. This is the one thing in the game that kills it for me everything else in the game is great but being able to just drive by anyone at any point is very unrealistic and kills the game for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2018, 10:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why is it so easy to drive by cpu defenders. Any fixes out there, drives me nuts

Put cpu on ball defense to 100 along with cpu defensive awareness to 100 that’s probably the best bet lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-18-2018, 11:35 PM   #3
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Why is it so easy to drive by cpu defenders. Any fixes out there, drives me nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
Are they ever going to fix it so it’s not so easy to blow by a defender. This is the one thing in the game that kills it for me everything else in the game is great but being able to just drive by anyone at any point is very unrealistic and kills the game for me

The slider that effect how easy it is to loose the ball, can help some, as if you do try to bully your way thru, there is a good chance you will loose the ball. Its not perfect, but it will keep you from just being able to abuse the flaw in the game.

On ball D slider as the 1 poster mention, will help too, but when raised to much, it tend to ruin the flow of the game to a extent. Personally I play just as you would IRL, and I dont exploit the CPU do to the flaws in the game. But I do wish they would fix how you can basically just push away the defender to get to the basket.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 02-19-2018, 01:08 AM   #4
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Y'all must be gods on ball, because i can barely make it past the CPU when i have the ball. I can never get past the man on ball without making crazy on ball dribble moves. Even then it doesn't work.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:14 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

i feel exactly the same way, i play hof this year vs cpu and is just too easy to get inside, any other sliders that you guys can recommand here for editing to make it just a lot harder to blow by defender? thx!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2018, 05:19 AM   #6
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

doesn't body up sensitivity slider effect those blow by animations in some way?
Old 02-19-2018, 09:01 AM   #7
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

CPU in general can be really annoying. Especially in online games where you have no control over what they do so if the clock is ticking down and you're losing they just jog up and down the court. Go for an intentional foul, run faster, do Something!
Old 02-19-2018, 12:04 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Y'all must be gods on ball, because i can barely make it past the CPU when i have the ball. I can never get past the man on ball without making crazy on ball dribble moves. Even then it doesn't work.
waaat? i havent played in months, but literally all i had to do as turbo right into the defender and ur hip riding to the basket. i don't think they've changed things.

2k really half assed their effort on this front. they heard our complaints, and they went to the extreme. all we want us some balance. angles should matter, as well as positioning. driving with someone like kyrie should have diff results than driving with say, craig ehlo for instance. the help defense is never aware enough to rotate on time to make things interesting either.

Last edited by jclazaris84; 02-19-2018 at 12:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »