Home

MLB The Show 18 Won't Feature Online Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Won't Feature Online Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2018, 10:37 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
MLB The Show 18 Won't Feature Online Franchise Mode

Sony San Diego Studio has announced today that MLB The Show 18 will not feature online...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2018, 10:44 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: No online franchise in 18

Doesn't really bother me cause I never used online franchise, but pretty sad that they wait until a few weeks from release to make that announcement. It's not like they would've made this "major technology change" decision less than a month from release, so I'm sure they could've said something about this awhile ago if they wanted to. I'll never agree with companies that choose not to be transparent because they think it'll net them some more sales if they keep stuff on the downlow as long as possible. It's not exclusively an SDS thing, but getting kinda tired of companies that do that.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:46 PM   #3
Rookie

The focus on DD has led to the demise of yet another online franchise in video sports gaming. So sad that in 2018 we still can’t play with and against friends in an online franchise.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:49 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

From Millennium on Twitter about this situation:

Re: This being about SCEA being all about their money mode DD.
Simply not true. They rewrote the entire server code and Online Franchise didn't have time to be put back in.

That's not caring about the money. That's prioritizing servers over the mode for now. It will be back.

Re: getting this info 3 weeks before release.
I actually believe they've tried to get tit in and couldn't. I don't think this is a "we knew about this months ago.

The mode needed serious help. This may be the way to get it, even if it means removing it for a year and getting the servers up to snuff.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:13 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

It’s most likely going to undergo a major facelift for 19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2018, 11:45 PM   #6
Rookie

It's the mode i spend the most time in and I'm really disappointed by this. Mostly because it's been literally the same game mode for at least 3 years. Of course they can say this is not about DD or microtransaction modes but it kind of is. You can bet any mode they get microtransactions for would not be taken out of the game for a year and if it was, it would be communicated sooner.

It just feels like the community as a whole has had to figure out a lot of workarounds to have functional leagues while not getting any attention in stream lead ups or much communication during the year.

They do a great job adding things every year to make the game fun to play year round but that makes the lack of attention on online franchise all the more frustrating
Old 03-02-2018, 11:56 PM   #7
Rookie

CrimsionXBL's Arena

OVR: 2

It could go one of two ways, the first where this is when the mode gets the TLC it very much needs and we finally get a fully functional mode whenever it makes its return (I feel like it could be The Show 20 until we see it again)

OR

The mode gets forgotten about in the process.

I choose to hope that option A is the answer since I only dabbled into RTTS a bit and mainly played Online Franchise
Old 03-03-2018, 12:02 AM   #8
Rookie

Rekkapryde's Arena

OVR: 6

This is bull**** b.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »