Home

Very concerned about AI post patch

This is a discussion on Very concerned about AI post patch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2018, 01:14 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
Very concerned about AI post patch

Pre-patch I was playing on Hard and clocking in at a little above a 50% win percentage (I keep track of a universe so I can see how many fights I’ve won and lost.)

Post patch I’m winning 100% of stand up fights on Hard, most of them on Pro, and in a few test fights I’m about 50/50 on Legendary.

UFC 2 was dead to me because the AI wasn’t able to win, and 3 was a massive improvement at release since the AI was much more challenging. A lot of that is gone now though.

If I had my way they would roll back all AI changes. The only thing I really thought needed changed was reducing low block tendency a bit. I hope they move back closer to the AI at release in the next patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2018, 01:19 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Very concerned about AI post patch

Man... You are a beast. Even on normal and hard the AI was just too good at blocking and at times too aggressive for me to have fun , realistic fights.
Personally I prefer the new AI, but for peeps like you they should perhaps add an even harder mode?

I don't play to beast out on SP, I play purely for fun. A lot of hardcore (non-cheese) tactics I use online I don't use on SP just because it doesn't feel natural to me, but you have to step your game up online due to spammers and people who use exploits.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:26 AM   #3
MVP

Maybe some more sliders for offline can help.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:33 AM   #4
MVP

I can use sliders to get the results I want, but that creates a big disconnect between what I see happening and the result. Prepatch I only needed to bump down player stamina drain one, bump up AI damage one, and bump down AI subs two and it was great.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:34 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHazCode
Man... You are a beast. Even on normal and hard the AI was just too good at blocking and at times too aggressive for me to have fun , realistic fights.
Personally I prefer the new AI, but for peeps like you they should perhaps add an even harder mode?

I don't play to beast out on SP, I play purely for fun. A lot of hardcore (non-cheese) tactics I use online I don't use on SP just because it doesn't feel natural to me, but you have to step your game up online due to spammers and people who use exploits.
If they want to tune normal or maybe even hard to be less aggressive fine, but they should not have done that to pro and up. It neutered the AI and made it way too predictable
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2018, 03:15 AM   #6
Rookie

not sure why you don’t just play on the hardest difficulty if you are only 50/50 there ? If the other difficulties are too easy for you that’s why legendary is there ...

Last edited by Falseperception; 03-09-2018 at 03:18 AM.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:09 AM   #7
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

I played the AI earlier on pro. I was Diaz. AI was Lawler. I didn't try and use exploit tactics like getting directly in its face and throwing uppercut/hook over and over. I just stood with it and picked shots. The AI is def very good if you don't look to exploit it and actually fight realistically. I actually found it was a bit too good. Things like it knowing to uppercut as soon as you go to the body so you get rocked. The way it nearly always uses the correct head movement to dodge. The way it always counter fights.

It could be because I'm a ranked player and used to humans. I'm used to being able to outsmart a human. You can't really outsmart the AI lol. It blocks most things and dodges them despite mix ups. God forbid you throw a head kick at it and it leans back and one punch KO's you lol.

So yeah.... I don't see how it's too easy... At least if you strike with it realistically.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:59 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
If they want to tune normal or maybe even hard to be less aggressive fine, but they should not have done that to pro and up. It neutered the AI and made it way too predictable
I'd rather the AI be realistic than difficult. Ideally we can get both, but the realism has to come first in a UFC game. Some AI fighters were WAAAAAY to aggressive before, and we already have to deal with that online. The patch was a step in the right direction for the AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »