Home

Game seems too easy?

This is a discussion on Game seems too easy? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2018, 07:55 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Game seems too easy?

I’m currently playing on legend pitching and hitting. I’ve really enjoyed the game in years past, but this year it just seems too easy. I’m not sure if it’s pitch speed (I have sliders maxed to 10) or some new hitting engine but I’m just seeing the ball too well for too long. I’ve been up 8 and 10 runs in the first inning of my first few games with the As.

I feel like they’ve made this game for the casual fan to sell copies but now the hardcore player from years past suffers. First thing is they MUST raise pitch speed. It’s far too easy to sit fastball and recognize pitches.

Anyone else having this problem that the game is just too easy? I was so pumped for this year and I honestly am having trouble playing it because there is no challenge.

I truly hope this didn’t come across condescending I don’t mean it that way at all but I’m wondering if other people are experiencing this too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2018, 08:04 PM   #2
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Game seems too easy?

I have not played 18 but for the past few years I feel they have softened the difficulty levels. When legend first appeared in the game it was brutal. Now legend is just an enhanced HOF level and not a level jump. With the trend of them making this game approachable for even a rock to play, they are going to need another difficulty level above legend to give people more challenge.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:12 PM   #3
Banned

Totally agree. It’s ruining what once was a great simulation experience. I hate to be that get off my lawn guy but this game was built on that experience. Who wants to play a game where you just score 100 runs a game and a HR should be a big deal and feel earned. Not oh it’s my 8th jack today
Old 03-28-2018, 08:16 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

You're making me feel bad about myself. I'm 2-2 on default Legend

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-28-2018, 08:17 PM   #5
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm glad someone else has also spoken up about this!! i've mentioned this a few time in the impressions thread. For sure the game is easier, especially if you are a vet player of the show for many years. I too play on legend for both hitting and pitching and i just dont feel challenged.. it really sucks cause the game is great but if it doesnt change it will be shelved for the rest of the year.

I understand the casual gamer tuning, but that is why we have difficulty levels. Please SONY make legend more challenging! its the hardest difficulty and should be just that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2018, 08:18 PM   #6
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
You're making me feel bad about myself. I'm 2-2 on default Legend
Somebody has to be the rock!
Old 03-28-2018, 08:22 PM   #7
Banned

Yea SONY you gotta help us out. We’ve been your base forever. Just give us the portion of a more difficulty level
Old 03-28-2018, 08:23 PM   #8
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3

any suggestions on pitching sliders to make it harder? I use analog pitching and its easy to breeze through the CPU lineup

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »