Home

All corporate advertisements at ball parks

This is a discussion on All corporate advertisements at ball parks within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2018, 08:01 PM   #1
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
All corporate advertisements at ball parks

Why can't a deal be struck between sports video game producers and every corporation that has an advertisement at a ballpark? I see SunTrust, Nike, and a few other advertisements at ball parks in The Show but most are missing such as Napa or Coca Cola at SunTrust park in Atlanta for example. Why don't corporations let Sony do these? It would be more or less free advertising and would make the stadiums in the game appear even more life like.

Last edited by BigOrangeVol4Life; 03-31-2018 at 10:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2018, 08:32 PM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: All corporate advertisements at ball parks

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. If your product or brand is being used in another product being sold for profit you are going to want to be paid for it. It would cost the developer a ton of money to pay these companies for a multitude of licenses.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:49 PM   #3
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I will never understand why it doesn't work for both sides. It is mutually beneficial. Advertisers get more advertising and the game is more realistic. I got that you can't have beer ads, but everything is should be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 03-31-2018, 09:12 PM   #4
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

I keep hearing that it would be too expensive, but at the same time, we have NASCAR, F1, Moto GP, and Motocross video games that have accurate sponsors on the cars and bikes. You can even download beer sponsored cars on the new NASCAR game when you verify you’re 21 or older. How can it be that cars and bikes can have multiple accurate sponsorships on each vehicle, but we can’t get billboards at ball parks on baseball games?
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-31-2018, 09:14 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I keep hearing that it would be too expensive, but at the same time, we have NASCAR, F1, Moto GP, and Motocross video games that have accurate sponsors on the cars and bikes. You can even download beer sponsored cars on the new NASCAR game when you verify you’re 21 or older. How can it be that cars and bikes can have multiple accurate sponsorships on each vehicle, but we can’t get billboards at ball parks on baseball games?
Because I'm guessing that the sponsorship of cars/bikes for Nascar, F1, and such are packaged in the licensing that is done for the driver, teams, and car number.

Coca-Cola for example is not an affiliated sponsor to any team nor stadium in the game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2018, 09:21 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
Why can't a deal be struck between sports video game producers and every corporations that have advertisements at ballparks? I see SunTrust, Nike, and a few other advertisements at ball parks in The Show but most are missing such as Napa or Coca Cola at SunTrust park in Atlanta for example. Why don't corporations let Sony do these? It would be more or less free advertising and would make the stadiums in the game appear even more life like.
oh please no. There are enough ads all over the place, the game has become secondary
Old 03-31-2018, 09:26 PM   #7

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I will never understand why it doesn't work for both sides. It is mutually beneficial. Advertisers get more advertising and the game is more realistic. I got that you can't have beer ads, but everything is should be there.

It's a fair question but the answer is simply business 101.

If someone wants to use your brand and likeness to sell their product, you will ask for a cut. It's really as simple as that.

You can call it greedy or whatever you like but it's business.

On top of that, having the real life bilboards in the game isn't going to do much for a brand, if you know a coke sign should be at a particular place in a stadium, that means nothing to a majority of the people who place this game and they don't even look for it.

Detail oriented gamers are fewer and far between.

I'd actually argue its a waste for companies to spend the money they do to advertise in real life stadiums but that's another conversation.

Either way, it's about cost versus profit. Any chance you have to add to the bottom line, you have to take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Someone keep me in check but I'm assuming those games pay a licensing fee just as the Show or Madden does.

What you see on those cars is the equivalent of being able to see certain players in MLB teams or NFL teams uniforms.

I think your overthinking it a bit by comparing it to the brand.

The Chicago Cubs are as much of a brand as any sponsor of a car.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:33 PM   #8
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bochte23
oh please no. There are enough ads all over the place, the game has become secondary

Correct, but they all say MLB The Show... EVERYWHERE. It's completely ridiculous, honestly. I wish SCEA would do what EA used to with MVP Baseball. Make fake ads that look real. Remember Lobster Cola? Haha.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »