Home

MLB 2018 Play Ball - GMAB8's Mariners Schedule Playthrough

This is a discussion on MLB 2018 Play Ball - GMAB8's Mariners Schedule Playthrough within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2018, 05:02 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
MLB 2018 Play Ball - GMAB8's Mariners Schedule Playthrough

Hi all,

2018 baseball is upon us! I am going to try to keep up on the Mariners' schedule as I play through each day of the season. I will attempt to use actual lineups and rosters. I am using mkharsh33's roster found here

If anyone wants to post along with me on daily games you play that would be awesome!

I am using my random dice roll slider set. (Here is a post from my thread from last year - I edited the sliders I have changed to now in red.)

Simply put, I roll two 6-sided dice at a time and write the results down on a list beside each slider I adjust. There are several that just take one die roll and I just roll one at that time. On the rolls that require just one die, the range has 6 possible values obviously. I have determined the best possible range for each of these sliders to give a good feel of either being bad or great for that specific game. Other slider settings I have determined that I needed a slightly broader range to achieve my desired results. For example, USER batting I have determined a range of 5-30 for the best possible results. I would only roll 1 die for that slider. 1=5, 2=10, 3=15, 4=20, 5=25, 6=30. Simple. The same for USER power. Therefore, I roll the 2 dice(different colors or size so that you can distinguish between each slider) at the same time and
jot those numbers down.

Moving to CPU contact. I decided that I wanted a greater range of possibility for the CPU contact and power. I liked the fact that it was very difficult to pitch against a CPU team that had 100 contact or power. But, I felt like the low end of the range with one die at 75 was still too overpowered to give the advantage back to the pitcher to balance the ranges. So I added the other die for a roll of 50-100. The first die determines the tens place of the slider, example: 1=50,2=60,3=70,4=80,5=90,6=100. The second die then determines odd or even value. If the 2nd die is even, then the result stays on the 10's or with a zero in the ones place. If the roll is odd then you push the number down one notch to make it the odd number or with the 5 in the ones place.

Example: A 2 dice roll for CPU contact of 4,5 would result in a slider setting of 75. 1st die roll 4=80, 2nd die roll of 5/odd number so move the slider one notch down to the odd result=75.

USER BATTING
Contact(1 die) - RANGE 5-30
Power(1 die) - RANGE 45-70
Bunt Contact - 35
Bunt Success - 20
Batter Eye - 0

CPU BATTING
Contact(2 dice) - RANGE 50-100 edit: change from 75-100
Power(2 dice) - RANGE 50-100
Bunt Contact - 35
Bunt Success - 25

USER PITCHING
Pitch Meter Speed(2 dice) - RANGE 50-100
Pitch Speed - 90
Pitch Break Influence - 50
Pitcher Composure Influence(2 dice) - RANGE 10-60
Pitcher Control(1 die) - RANGE 10-35

CPU PITCHING
Pitch Speed - 90
Pitch Success(2 dice) - RANGE 50-100
Strike Zone Tendency(1 die) - RANGE 10-35
Pitch Break Influence - 50
Pitcher Composure Influence(2 dice) - RANGE 10-60

USER FIELDING
Throw Accuracy(1 die) - RANGE 0-25
Gather Error Frequency(1 die) - RANGE 40-65
Throw Error Frequency(1 die) - RANGE 40-65
OF Throw Speed - 55
INF Throw Speed - 25
OF Run Speed - 40
INF Run Speed - 40

CPU FIELDING
Gather Error Frequency(1 die) - RANGE 40-65
Throw Error Frequency(1 die) - RANGE 40-65
OF Throw Speed - 55
INF Throw Speed - 25
OF Run Speed - 40
INF Run Speed - 40

USER RUNNING
Base Runner Speed - 50
Pickoff Success - 60
Catcher Arm Strength - 35
Catcher Arm Accuracy - 15

CPU RUNNING
Base Runner Speed - 50
Hit n Run - 55
Sac Bunt - 60
Squeeze - 65
Base Runner Aggression - 10
Steal Aggression - 50
Catcher Arm Strength - 80
Catcher Arm Accuracy - 30
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2018, 11:44 AM   #2
MVP

Re: MLB 2018 Play Ball - GMAB8's Mariners Schedule Playthrough

Indians, Kluber spoil Opening Day for M's

Francisco Lindor started 2018 off with a bang, blasting a Felix Hernandez fastball over the center field wall for a home run to lead off the game. As it turns out, that is all the reigning Cy Young winner, Corey Kluber would need. Kluber pitched a complete game shutout, scattering 9 hits and 4 walks, striking out 4.

The Seattle lineup couldn't string together hits and couldn't get a clutch hit when needed. Cano and Cruz each had 2 hits, Ichiro, in his return to Seattle smoked a line drive single into right in his first at-bat, and newcomer Ryon Healy doubled in the 9th for his first hit as a Mariner.

After allowing a run in the first 2 frames, King Felix settled in and pitched 5.1 solid innings, striking out 6. Dan Altivilla walked his only batter he faced and Mark Rzepczynkski pitched 1.1 great innings in relief to keep the game close. Wade Leblanc and Nick Vincent held Cleveland scoreless until Juan Nicasio entered in the 9th and allowed a 2-run blast to Brandon Guyer, giving the Indians their final tally at 4-0.

James Paxton faces off against Carlos Carrasco in game 2 of the series on Saturday after the off day Friday.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:59 AM   #3
MVP

Re: MLB 2018 Play Ball - GMAB8's Mariners Schedule Playthrough

Mariner bats stay quiet, Indians take game 2, 8-3

The Mariner bats failed to produce a run for the first 14 innings of 2018 until Nelson Cruz delivered a 2-run single in the 6th to give the Mariners a 2-1 lead. James Paxton pitched beautifully through 6 until faltering in the 7th allowing a game tying solo bomb by Yan Gomes. Paxton pitched 6.2 innings allowing 6 hits, 3 earned runs, fanning 8 while walking 2 batters. The Seattle bullpen imploded late once again, this time Edwin Diaz could only record one out in the 9th trying to keep Seattle close trailing 4-3. Before the M's came to bat in the bottom half, Cleveland had a 8-3 lead and Andrew Miller pitched a 2nd inning of relief to record the save.

Dee Gordon had 2 hits including a hustle double as well as his 1st stolen base of the season. Cano tacked on 2 more hits and and RBI, and Cruz tallied his first 2 RBI of the season.

Cleveland slapped 14 singles in the game, applying constant pressure to Seattle pitchers. Lindor, Kipnis, Alonso, and Guyer had 2 hits a piece, and Gomes smacked 3 hits, including his game tying bomb in the 7th.

The M's fall to 0-2 and the final game of the series wraps up Sunday with Mike Leake taking the hill vs. Trevor Bauer

Injury note - Mike Zunino is placed on 10 day DL and David Freitas has been called up to take his place. Also, Nelson Cruz is undergoing and MRI after slipping in the clubhouse and twisting his ankle today.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »