Home

Solid Hits Slider

This is a discussion on Solid Hits Slider within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2018, 01:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Solid Hits Slider

For slider creators, I'm wondering why most of you set the subject slider to 4. Is it to get better hit variety? I'm asking because with this set to 4, I've noticed that a lot of the hits are of the bloop variety and it feels cheap. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2018, 02:21 PM   #2
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Solid Hits Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpreyes
For slider creators, I'm wondering why most of you set the subject slider to 4. Is it to get better hit variety? I'm asking because with this set to 4, I've noticed that a lot of the hits are of the bloop variety and it feels cheap. Thoughts?
I'm not a slider creator per se, but I do a ton of testing and stat tracking. What you see with this slider will also depend a lot on other sliders, like Contact, Power, Fielder Speed and others. With certain settings you may not even see enough bloop hits on 4. I have been using 3 with my current settings. It also depends on what you consider bloop hits. If you are seeing a lot of near-pop-ups falling in, that's one thing, as opposed to soft line drives making it over the infield.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:38 PM   #3
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

This isn't a specific breakdown of how these ratings work in game but this is how I like to think about it.

Contact: How often/ How easy you can touch the ball with the Bat.

Power: Duh

Solid hits: How often you square up/get underneath/get on top of the ball.

So I slightly lower SH slider allows for those dying qualils, falling liners and what not you see all the time in real life MLB.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 04-26-2018, 08:50 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
This isn't a specific breakdown of how these ratings work in game but this is how I like to think about it.

Contact: How often/ How easy you can touch the ball with the Bat.

Power: Duh

Solid hits: How often you square up/get underneath/get on top of the ball.

So I slightly lower SH slider allows for those dying qualils, falling liners and what not you see all the time in real life MLB.
Yes, that's pretty much it I think, with an added fact that Contact creates a larger PCI which can also create more or less squared up balls and line drives depending on its size and placement over the pitch location.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:17 PM   #5
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
Yes, that's pretty much it I think, with an added fact that Contact creates a larger PCI which can also create more or less squared up balls and line drives depending on its size and placement over the pitch location.
Yeah I play with directional, personally i feel like solid hits probably has less of an impact with zone hitting as you are kinda in control of that yourself.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2018, 09:22 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Yeah I play with directional, personally i feel like solid hits probably has less of an impact with zone hitting as you are kinda in control of that yourself.
Agreed, and I think this also applies to the CPU since it seems to "use" Zone when it hits.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:02 AM   #7
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Agreed, and I think this also applies to the CPU since it seems to "use" Zone when it hits.
This isn't actually true I think. The closest hitting mechanism CPU uses would be Directional (or what used to be called Timing more precisely), and pretty much the only difference is that swing decision/timing is up to the user.

All hitting mechanisms uses PCI (if by Zone this was actually meant). PCI for Directional was hidden from our view since it led to frequent complaint when A.I. (which is mostly the same as the one used for CPU) didn't place it where it made sense to the user.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:06 AM   #8
MVP

I'm
Quote:
I havent played directional, only zone, and I see a big difference with only one notch of the solid hits slider in any direction. In the past it's made too much difference with one notch in my opinion, I still haven't decided how much of a difference the solid hits slider makes this year, but there is still a very noticeable difference so far with this slider.

Edit: After further review, I realize you said "less of" an impact, which may very well be true since I strictly use zone and havent used directional other than practice..

Last edited by NolanRyansSnowmonkey; 04-28-2018 at 12:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »