Home

MLB The Show 18 Patch 1.10 Available, Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Patch 1.10 Available, Patch Notes Here within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2018, 02:42 AM   #1
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3
MLB The Show 18 Patch 1.10 Available, Patch Notes Here

MLB The Show 18 game update 1.10 is available now, check out the patch notes below....

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2018, 02:52 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Patch 1.10 tomorrow

Those PCI changes will be interesting.

As is this:

This is a slight reduction of simulation aspects that we mentioned earlier that could have pushed a hit type up or down two categories based on the hitters fly-ball or ground-ball tendencies.

So...hitters DO have GB/FB rates? But this is completely hidden information? If so...why? And do pitchers have these as well?
Old 05-24-2018, 03:06 AM   #3
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
When approaching gameplay changes within MLB The Show, we gather and digest feedback from all communication channels, types of players, and data gathered from millions of games played by you - the community. The goal of analyzing this data is to create a better experience for everyone, which has admittedly presented us with new challenges given that we have a new and large contingency of online competitive players. We've always strived to make the most realistic simulation baseball game on the market, and we've come to realize that some of our simulation systems have adverse effects in the online competitive environment.

We believe it's important that online competitive play is predicated on fair and balanced gameplay emphasizing user skill. On that note, we have been actively evaluating and testing changes internally that reduce certain simulation components in order to better achieve our competitive goals, while still maintaining the components that accurately simulate Major League Baseball.
Umm, so you're making the game less "sim" to cater to online folks (probably DD)? Gotcha.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:14 AM   #4
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Umm, so you're making the game less "sim" to cater to online folks (probably DD)? Gotcha.
Maybe, maybe not. They do say "We believe it's important that online competitive play is predicated on fair and balanced gameplay emphasizing user skill."...which could be read as these changes only effecting online gameplay.

Obviously, it could also mean that online competitive play spurred these changes across the entire game.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:41 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Maybe, maybe not. They do say "We believe it's important that online competitive play is predicated on fair and balanced gameplay emphasizing user skill."...which could be read as these changes only effecting online gameplay.

Obviously, it could also mean that online competitive play spurred these changes across the entire game.

In two-player games, hit types will more closely match PCI input (after timing, attributes and all other factors are involved). Single-player is unaffected.
Notes: This is a slight reduction of simulation aspects that we mentioned earlier that could have pushed a hit type up or down two categories based on the hitters fly-ball or ground-ball tendencies. To clarify, we haven't completely removed those tendencies, but they have been reduced to better match the results of your inputs. Remember, there are a lot variables that go into every hit ball.

This is from the official site.....So, if I read it right, one player games (IE offline franchise) would be unaffected....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2018, 03:41 AM   #6
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan

Honestly, I don't care if the game next year has no new features. I'd rather they spend this entire next year putting in the work so that any and all gameplay is entirely separated and isolated between offline and online. Anything they do to change online gameplay should have zero effect on offline gameplay unless they especially make the changes to both.

Just like bunting. Online should be it's own isolated gameplay where rocket bunts can exist, in offline gameplay, isolated off by itself as well, we could still have regular old bunting we always had.

That is my biggest and only wishlist item for next year, the complete and total separation and isolation of offline gameplay and online gameplay from each other, so us offline, franchise guys stop getting screwed by a bunch of changes, nerfs and stupidity like the rocket bunt that get made for online players.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2018, 03:45 AM   #7
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Wow, really cool to see these detailed patch notes. Hopefully we see this with every future patch. Nicely done, SDS.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:19 AM   #8
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

OVR: 0

I do love the detailed patch notes. But even with that, I don't know exactly what to think of this. I dont really think they have franchise players in mind with this, just based on some of the explanation of why they are doing this. It could be great for zone hitters, or not so great for Franchise players...or both... we shall see...

For now im climbing out on the roof with my cable cutters out to ensure my PS4 doesn't download this patch until I get plenty more feedback.

Last edited by NolanRyansSnowmonkey; 05-24-2018 at 04:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »