Home

More NHL 19 Franchise Mode Scouting System Details, Not Much Added to Be a Pro

This is a discussion on More NHL 19 Franchise Mode Scouting System Details, Not Much Added to Be a Pro within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2018, 09:25 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
More NHL 19 Franchise Mode Scouting System Details, Not Much Added to Be a Pro

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/20/17...s-ps4-xbox-one

The other main change in NHL 19 comes in the series’ Franchise mode, which EA Vancouver upgraded last year with expansion teams. This time around, the studio has focused on the mode’s scouting setup, which fans have long criticized as too simplistic.

In NHL 19, you’ll have a separate scouting budget, and will have to hire and fire scouts with an eye on their regional specializations. For instance, one may be an expert in Russia and Scandinavia but may have a mediocre awareness of players elsewhere. Scouts will return detailed reports with graded attributes and text descriptions, and there’s a fog-of-war element: Any players to whom you don’t assign a scout will be blind spots, with no hints of their abilities. And if you draft someone you haven’t scouted, you still won’t see their ratings until they play a few games somewhere in your organization.

“It’s deep enough to be a standalone product,” said Ho of the new scouting system.

Unfortunately, that’s the only major improvement for Franchise. And it sounds like the only change for Be a Pro, the single-player career mode, is the addition of skill trees for traits akin to what’s available in FIFA. Here’s hoping Be a Pro — my personal favorite mode — gets some love next year.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2018, 12:19 PM   #2
lvl
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: More NHL 19 Franchise Mode Scouting System Details, Not Much Added to Be a Pro

Embarrassing. How can they sit there and actually think fans would be ok with this.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:57 PM   #3
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: More NHL 19 Franchise Mode Scouting System Details, Not Much Added to Be a Pro

I just don't understand how you can add these changes to these two modes and be naive enough to think the fans of either will be happy with them. Fixing the systems to work well at a fundamental level, even with out much other than minor changes and improvements to the rest of the systems would have made this upgrades actually mean something.

In GM Mode for instance, if FA is still deeply flawed, the AI draft logic still incredibly bad, the sim engine broken, and the progression system still one of the greatest mysteries of the Universe, then what does this amazing new Scouting system really matter?
Old 06-22-2018, 01:00 PM   #4
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Why wouldn't you make the whole world of Chel thing part of Be A Pro?

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 06-22-2018, 04:40 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

No word on being able to play shorter seasons in franchise mode and no gm connected, another sad hockey gaming year for me, oh well. Before anyone says it, i don't like simming games, lol!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited by TDKing; 06-22-2018 at 04:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2018, 06:44 PM   #6
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

Thanks Stevie. As a franchise mode gamer myself I'm pretty disappointed to hear that scouting is the only improvement in franchise mode in NHL 19.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:01 PM   #7
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Looks like I'll have plenty of time to develop my NHL 18 created team...

I'll pass on NHL 19 most likely until it goes up for sale.

This development team needs a complete overhaul and the complete lack of connection to their hardcore fans is completely past it's shelf life on my end.

I have zero faith in them at this point.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:57 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Any chance of increasing the length of franchise mode being put in nhl 19, I would totally buy if I could do an 80 year franchise like 2k.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »