Home

2K Grows NBA Video Game Portfolio as Publisher of NBA 2K Playgrounds 2, Fall Release

This is a discussion on 2K Grows NBA Video Game Portfolio as Publisher of NBA 2K Playgrounds 2, Fall Release within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2018, 08:10 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
2K Grows NBA Video Game Portfolio as Publisher of NBA 2K Playgrounds 2, Fall Release

2K today announced that they will publish the next great arcade-action sports game from developer Saber...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2018, 08:36 AM   #2
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K Grows NBA Video Game Portfolio as Publisher of NBA 2K Playgrounds 2, Fall Rele

They may position this as direct competitor with EA NBA LIVE 19. In effect, it invalidates LIVE 19’s claim in head to head competition with 2K. It also leaves 2K as comparable to no one at legit basketball sim.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:31 AM   #3
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: 2K Grows NBA Video Game Portfolio as Publisher of NBA 2K Playgrounds 2, Fall Rele

Well that was strange.

To be honest. I’m not going to care about this game in the fall. This is a summer time/off season game.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:17 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Awesome news.

Loved first one.

This should mean we get some of the missing legends as 2k has rights to loads.

The roster for this should be stacked...

MJ is a dead cert now?
Old 07-24-2018, 12:11 PM   #5
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy
Awesome news.

Loved first one.

This should mean we get some of the missing legends as 2k has rights to loads.

The roster for this should be stacked...

MJ is a dead cert now?
I do agree with more legends and players in the roster, but I am wary of 2K publishing the game as they may push PlayGrounds to include heavy micro transactions that make it so you CAN unlock characters but it would take so long to Earn then that you may as well pay to unlock them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2018, 12:46 PM   #6
Rookie

NCStateProperty's Arena

2Ks VC mindset (if it comes over) + Playgrounds Loot Card Pack grind = No Thanks
Old 07-24-2018, 02:57 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crytipids
I do agree with more legends and players in the roster, but I am wary of 2K publishing the game as they may push PlayGrounds to include heavy micro transactions that make it so you CAN unlock characters but it would take so long to Earn then that you may as well pay to unlock them.
Agreed.

Although first one was grind heavy but I enjoyed all the combos and kept grinding.

The fact they have announced a season mode with playoffs - that gives the game so much more depth to the first one.

I want players to be on EVERY team they ever played for and then adding all of 2ks retro team players would be awesome.

So many players and unlocks. I’d love it. Just don’t bog it down with nonsense.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:02 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCStateProperty
2Ks VC mindset (if it comes over) + Playgrounds Loot Card Pack grind = No Thanks
Agreed.

I honestly believe I might be NBA playgrounds biggest fan... as I say maxed out at level 50 on both Xbox and Switch and unlocked all cards.

That takes serious time and grind.

Leave the card packs in but don’t make it silly and leave the rate of duplicates alone as it already needed fixing.

I’m not a fan of 2k - (see wwe on switch for my reason) but Saber hopefully will add to what was there and not destroy it.

Kareem, MJ and Kobe will be welcome additions and so many more that 2k can easily add now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »