Home

Ideas for handling custom draft classes for 32 user leagues

This is a discussion on Ideas for handling custom draft classes for 32 user leagues within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2018, 06:54 PM   #1
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2
Ideas for handling custom draft classes for 32 user leagues

Madden bringing custom draft classes back was a huge deal for a lot of us. However, for those of us participating in 32 user leagues, where trust can be a concern, this feature could come at a cost.

With 1 user in an offline league, you can just download a custom class you want, trust yourself not to look at it, and you're good to go.

With a 32 user league, that doesn't really work. Someone has to import that class, and whether it's only that person who knows which class it is, or the entire league, you just can't trust that no one in the league is getting a sneak peak at the class prior to the draft.

So I'm looking for ideas on how to handle this. How would a 32 user league import a draft class, without anyone in the group being able to take that same file, load it into an offline cfm, and see the entire class? Any and all suggestions and ideas are welcome. This may help a great many leagues here on OS, and elsewhere, take advantage of a nice feature of the game without it ruining the experience for users.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2018, 07:03 PM   #2
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ideas for handling custom draft classes for 32 user leagues

Edits are recorded in transaction history.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:05 PM   #3
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode2013
Edits are recorded in transaction history.
That's good.

It's not so much about post upload editing though. Even without edits, you could take that same class, upload it to your offline cfm. Then sim to the draft, complete the draft, see every players ratings and dev traits, and then know what they are in your online league. That way you know exactly who to draft because you've already seen the overalls and traits of every player.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:11 PM   #4
Rookie

manEATgod's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreBugg
That's good.

It's not so much about post upload editing though. Even without edits, you could take that same class, upload it to your offline cfm. Then sim to the draft, complete the draft, see every players ratings and dev traits, and then know what they are in your online league. That way you know exactly who to draft because you've already seen the overalls and traits of every player.
I'm trying to get the league I'm in to use customs but concerns like these are making it hard to convince people. Personally I don't care, I don't want to cheat and i don't care if others do, but so far it sounds like my league is going to end up using those trash generic draft classes.

Would love some help with this.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:20 PM   #5
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manEATgod
I'm trying to get the league I'm in to use customs but concerns like these are making it hard to convince people. Personally I don't care, I don't want to cheat and i don't care if others do, but so far it sounds like my league is going to end up using those trash generic draft classes.

Would love some help with this.
same thing for us. Right now it looks like we are going to allow the commissioner to choose the class, not tell anyone what it is, and trust him not to cheat the system. Not sure what else we could do at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2018, 10:57 PM   #6
Just started!

We've had same concerns here about custom classes. Best bet would be like you said, wait til someone else does a custom class and then import it so that no one has to actually look at the class and their stats
Old 08-05-2018, 11:03 PM   #7
Rookie

DoTheSankeyLeg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreBugg
same thing for us. Right now it looks like we are going to allow the commissioner to choose the class, not tell anyone what it is, and trust him not to cheat the system. Not sure what else we could do at this point.
Yeah it seems like you online guy's don't have much choice. I guess keep an eye out for other guys making blatant reaches. Like someone taking an 80 ovr superstar prospect in round 1 when his ranking/projection is round 6. This could help weed out some cheaters but idk how much this would actually help though. Good luck.
Charlotte Hornets
Syracuse Orange
Old 08-06-2018, 07:41 AM   #8
Rookie

This was my concern when I posted a couple of days ago (still don't have access to the game). The way to fix it is to allow custom classes to have a range placed on attributes and overall. For example, you create real players at the college level or whatever you can dream up. For the ratings you would say you want speed 86-92, overall 72-79, etc. Each class would be random and no ability to see the classes outside of the franchise. If your commish edit's the actual class loaded, it would be in the logs.

I'm not sure how easy this would be to implement but seems like a good fix to me (I'm surprised this wasn't thought of in development to be honest).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »