Home

Playbooks

This is a discussion on Playbooks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2018, 02:07 PM   #1
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5
Playbooks

Not sure where to ask this, or if there's already a thread for it. If there is, I couldn't find it, and sorry for the new one. But I'm looking to run a West Coast Power Run scheme, and just wondering what playbook everyone thinks is best for running it. And, if possible, give me some reasons why.
I'm kind of looking for one that utilizes more three receiver sets. Or if I'm doing that, should I instead focus on a West Coast Zone Run scheme?
If there isn't a playbook that really works for that, is there anyone who would be willing to create one for me to use for my franchise? I'd give you credit, of course. Just looking to get a franchise going that gives me what I need for my coach since this year's game is looking to be the one for me to really get into it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2018, 06:02 PM   #2
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playbooks

Easiest thing to do:

1. Create a Franchise.

2. On the Franchise main menu screen, cycle to the Manage tab. Choose My Coach > Schemes

3. From here, you'll be able to select a playbook to use. When cycling through the playbooks, there will be a description of the playbook that should be enough to give you enough info to make your decision.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:13 PM   #3
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
Easiest thing to do:

1. Create a Franchise.

2. On the Franchise main menu screen, cycle to the Manage tab. Choose My Coach > Schemes

3. From here, you'll be able to select a playbook to use. When cycling through the playbooks, there will be a description of the playbook that should be enough to give you enough info to make your decision.
Yeah, I saw that when scrolling through those. Gave me some ideas, but saw there were like eight playbooks or something of that sort that fit it. But I know that not all the playbooks are the same, as was trying to see what playbooks everyone else used to get some ideas, and reasons why.
Like, for instance, one playbook may have a lot more two tight-end sets and not use pistol sets while another does and so forth.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:38 PM   #4
MVP

I'm not playing franchise atm, but I'd be happy to give you my impressions of each if you tell me what they are.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
I'm not playing franchise atm, but I'd be happy to give you my impressions of each if you tell me what they are.
I'm not currently on at the moment to look for sure, but I believe Chicago, Denver and Minnesota were considered West Coast Power Run playbooks. I know I'm missing several more too lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2018, 06:59 PM   #6
MVP

At a quick glance Minnesota looks really solid. I-Form Twins Flex with the Toss and HB Blast and a nice PA cross play. You also get Gun Trey Y Flex when you want to pass (Levels Sail and PA Crossers - alas no Fake Screen Wheel).

Edit - The Bears have all of that plus Fake Screen Wheel. Denver has nothing that jumps out at me as being better.

Out of the three you listed I'd go with CHI.

Last edited by stinkubus; 08-13-2018 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Da Bears
Old 08-13-2018, 08:00 PM   #7
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Speaking of playbooks, does anyone know which are the best playbooks for a spread offensive scheme?
Old 08-13-2018, 08:24 PM   #8
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
At a quick glance Minnesota looks really solid. I-Form Twins Flex with the Toss and HB Blast and a nice PA cross play. You also get Gun Trey Y Flex when you want to pass (Levels Sail and PA Crossers - alas no Fake Screen Wheel).

Edit - The Bears have all of that plus Fake Screen Wheel. Denver has nothing that jumps out at me as being better.

Out of the three you listed I'd go with CHI.

I'll have to give Minnesota's a look over then. At the very least could be a good basis for what I'm looking for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
Speaking of playbooks, does anyone know which are the best playbooks for a spread offensive scheme?
I would think New England's would be good for that, unless you're looking to run with a mobile quarterback as well. If you're just looking to spread the receivers to create space, then I believe New England's is a good base. Could be wrong though

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »