Home

HB Screens

This is a discussion on HB Screens within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2018, 10:45 AM   #1
Rookie

JKennedy87's Arena

OVR: 0
HB Screens

I play on All-Madden and have had basically zero success with any type of screen pass, whether it be a HB screen or a WR screen. It seems like 1 of 3 things happen:

1.) RB Icon goes away and I can't pass it despite pushing it immediately when I see the OL release the DL resulting in a huge loss (sack) - 60% of the time
2.) Throw to RB and LB/CB easily gets off blocks despite having way more OL than defenders for eitehr no gain or a short loss - 35% of the time
3.) It actually works - 5% of the time (I think I am being generous, I have literally completed maybe 2 that have worked out of probably 20ish over about 18 games)

Has anyone seen success with either?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 10:47 AM   #2
MVP

Re: HB Screens

I have found success, but this year the CPU does a better job of reading and reacting so sometimes you have to throw it to the stands. The HB icon disappears when it's not set up, normally when the HB gets stuck on the lineman during the release. It definitely is better than the beta, I never saw one work during that.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:56 AM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I have found success, but this year the CPU does a better job of reading and reacting so sometimes you have to throw it to the stands. The HB icon disappears when it's not set up, normally when the HB gets stuck on the lineman during the release. It definitely is better than the beta, I never saw one work during that.
HB screens were always a money play. I am very happy how the CPU reacts better to them this cycle.

You really have to set it up with your play calling sequence. Catch them by surprise. I have had some great screens....but my success ratio is far more in line with the NFL average.

WR screens and bubble screens work a lot better this cycle too when called in the right situation and against the right defense not prepared to defend it.

This year more than ever.....you can't Madden like you used too. It is refreshing.

People clamor for more simulation....well they are delivering it. You gotta play football more this year....not Madden.

Not perfect. Still needs work....but a huge improvement from 17 and 18.

HUGE.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-23-2018, 10:56 AM   #4
Rookie

JKennedy87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Ya I've seen the DL bumps the RB so he can't be a target anymore - which is cool but it just seems like the lack of it really ever working is super unrealistic. I've tested it vs a friend and he just controlled the S - did no preplay stuff and we tried it vs blitzes, cover 3, 2, 4, man, etc. and couldn't find any real play it works vs this year.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:04 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKennedy87
Ya I've seen the DL bumps the RB so he can't be a target anymore - which is cool but it just seems like the lack of it really ever working is super unrealistic. I've tested it vs a friend and he just controlled the S - did no preplay stuff and we tried it vs blitzes, cover 3, 2, 4, man, etc. and couldn't find any real play it works vs this year.
SIM or Competitive?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 11:10 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
HB Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
HB screens were always a money play. I am very happy how the CPU reacts better to them this cycle.

You really have to set it up with your play calling sequence. Catch them by surprise. I have had some great screens....but my success ratio is far more in line with the NFL average.

WR screens and bubble screens work a lot better this cycle too when called in the right situation and against the right defense not prepared to defend it.

This year more than ever.....you can't Madden like you used too. It is refreshing.

People clamor for more simulation....well they are delivering it. You gotta play football more this year....not Madden.

Not perfect. Still needs work....but a huge improvement from 17 and 18.

HUGE.

It’s not simulation to get sacked on screen passes. It’s simulation that they can get blown up but IRL QB has option to throw ball at the feet of the RB. When icon disappears you have no recourse. That’s not sim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2018, 11:17 AM   #7
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxx01
It’s not simulation to get sacked on screen passes. It’s simulation that they can get blown up but IRL QB has option to throw ball at the feet of the RB. When icon disappears you have no recourse. That’s not sim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not getting sacked....not experiencing that. If I see the play is covered I throw the ball away.

So yeah I am getting simulation style games.....tons of them.

And I stated this game is not perfect.....but far better than previous versions.

I am not going to get into a pissing match about this is sim this is not. Sim is how you play the game and make the most out of what it allows and overcoming the limitations of the fact it is a video game and will never be a perfect replication of real life.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-23-2018, 11:37 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 1

I'm finding success in the HB screens, just have to pick and choose when to throw it to them and when to throw it away

The issues I'm having is with the bubble screens and wr screens. Sometimes when I throw it to them, they suddenly just stop and are unable to move after catching the ball

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »