Home

Is Live 19 worth the full price?

This is a discussion on Is Live 19 worth the full price? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2018, 03:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is Live 19 worth the full price?

Considering getting it, but don't wanna buy and then it go on sale. Obviously it's a guessing game, but anyone think it might go cheaper or stay 60 for awhile? and if so, is it worth the 60 bucks? 2K is a bit tired and I liked the demo. I enjoy franchise and 2K nails that, but gets super repetitive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2018, 03:35 PM   #2
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Re: Is Live 19 worth the full price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwebb48
Considering getting it, but don't wanna buy and then it go on sale. Obviously it's a guessing game, but anyone think it might go cheaper or stay 60 for awhile? and if so, is it worth the 60 bucks? 2K is a bit tired and I liked the demo. I enjoy franchise and 2K nails that, but gets super repetitive.
Ebay has it for like $48.

Typically Live goes on sale during black Friday for $25 or $30, then around December goes extremely cheap. December is a long time to wait.

If it is worth it depends on what modes you focus on. For me this game was worth every penny because I play online head to head and the one mode the most. This game is great with Live run, and gameplay is fantastic and a big change of pace. So for me, yes.

For you? If your a franchise player, don't play the one mode, etc, and if you play a ton of 2k, might as well wait until black Friday,

Personally though, I'm glad I pre ordered
Old 09-10-2018, 03:40 PM   #3
Rookie

I enjoyed the one on the demo. was fun. made a PG Steph and enjoying it. Guess just looking for a fun hoops game that I can just casually play. 2K is pretty try hard. Not that that's bad, but sometimes I just wanna chill and play a fun online game.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:45 PM   #4
Rookie

I bought it at full price and don’t regret my purchase at full price. And I feel like for me it will be worth it at full price.

But in general I would say no. It’s not complete enough for $60.

There’s not many games I’d even buy for $60.

I’d definitely recommend it at $30 tho.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:50 PM   #5
Rookie

It's why I'm hesitant because I think I'll enjoy it. but I remember it went on sale fairly soon after last year, granted 19 seems better than 18. I'd be at least a little ticked if I bought for 60, then like 2 weeks later went down even a few bucks. but sounds like It is worth it. Anyone know how far the demo goes in the one? might just play demo till I run out of progress and then buy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2018, 03:56 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwebb48
I enjoyed the one on the demo. was fun. made a PG Steph and enjoying it. Guess just looking for a fun hoops game that I can just casually play. 2K is pretty try hard. Not that that's bad, but sometimes I just wanna chill and play a fun online game.
Then abosolutley its worth the $60. The One is worth it on its own. Its not going to give you a real immersive story or anything but its a very fun basketball game. Especially once you find 2-4 other ppl to run with - it gets very fun.

The Live Run community isnt huge. Ive been playing with and against some of the same guys since Live 16. Not as "try hard" a community as the other game but Live has a special kind of ball hog lol. Best to hoop with some ppl you know or at least have seen around.

Court Battles imo, is the funnest basketball game mode Ive played in a while. It combines LUT and TheOne perfectly! EA, pleeease keep microtransactions/pay-to-win away from the mode (however I know its coming if the game gets more popular).

Def worth full price IMO. But its all subjective. Depends what youre looking for.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:18 PM   #7
Rookie

hoopheid's Arena

An easy yes - most fun I’ve had with a basketball game in years.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:49 PM   #8
T.B
Rookie

T.B's Arena

I recommend waiting. It's a decent game of basketball but nowhere close to the level of the competition especially in the NBA portion of the game if you want to just have mindless fun then okay it may work for you but if you're a true fan of the art of basketball NBA Live may not be enough for you. I've played it twice since I bought the other game because it lacks so much in the NBA Department but true simulation isn't for anybody so get it if it fits what you're looking for but wait until Black Friday I'll probably be $20. Many people that post it before me only play and post in NBA Live forums so their Outlook may be a little biased but I buy both every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »