Home

I see why most don't want 2k to patch the gameplay...

This is a discussion on I see why most don't want 2k to patch the gameplay... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2018, 01:40 PM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
I see why most don't want 2k to patch the gameplay...

I played a game on all-star (former HOF player)

It was so challenging and the CPU keep on making time out adjustments on runs I was making.Long story short it came down to the wire without the cheesy CPU we known to see.The best game I ever played in my 2k history! Please don't touch the gameplay Dev team .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2018, 02:13 PM   #2
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I see why most don't want 2k to patch the gameplay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless

It was so challenging and the CPU keep on making time out adjustments on runs I was making.Long story short it came down to the wire without the cheesy CPU we known to see.The best game I ever played in my 2k history! Please don't touch the gameplay Dev team .
I love it. The CPU is finally competitive. They arent lifeless on offense and they actually attack my weaknesses. That's what we all wanted. Well, most of us wanted that. I cant speak for the kids who play in mypark.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2018, 02:37 PM   #3
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

The only thing I'd patch at this point would be to tone down the CPU's shot making ability. Just need to get used to the rest at this point.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless

The need to fix the fouls ASAP... Loose ball, off ball fouls, charges and blocking fouls are rare, reach ins are over abundant (mostly because of the over the top reaching the CPU does) and shooting fouls are so inconsistent and it kills the immersion... The time out management still needs to be fixed (same issue from last year where the cpu wouldn't call timeouts unless they were down big or it was close to the end of the game)... There are still a lot of things that needs to be tuned... But it's still a better game out of the box than 2k18
Old 09-16-2018, 07:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsman92
The need to fix the fouls ASAP... Loose ball, off ball fouls, charges and blocking fouls are rare, reach ins are over abundant (mostly because of the over the top reaching the CPU does) and shooting fouls are so inconsistent and it kills the immersion... The time out management still needs to be fixed (same issue from last year where the cpu wouldn't call timeouts unless they were down big or it was close to the end of the game)... There are still a lot of things that needs to be tuned... But it's still a better game out of the box than 2k18

Drove me nuts in 2K18 how CPU didn’t call timeouts unless it’s down 10 or more, or CPU players are EXCESSIVELY fatigued.

I like how reach-ins in 2K19 are more likely to draw fouls compared to last year’s game. I agree that other types of fouls need to occur more often in default sliders.

In 2K18, the lack of fouls annoyed me so much that I basically maxed out user and CPU foul sliders in order to get SIM-level numbers of fouls per game (each team should get roughly 20-25 fouls per game in 12-min quarters).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twitter: @PopcornJones77
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2018, 07:13 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 4

Allstar isnt really hard once you figure out the under the basket spam. Cpu is not as complex as most think sadly. Attack the rim is 1,2,3 on the priority list. Once you figure out help defense(not giving up the easy under rim basket) they look broken/lost.

Superstar just ups the shooting sliders and hof even more.

Honestly if the cpu teammates werent programmed to be so dumb I would agree with yall.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:22 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
Allstar isnt really hard once you figure out the under the basket spam. Cpu is not as complex as most think sadly. Attack the rim is 1,2,3 on the priority list. Once you figure out help defense(not giving up the easy under rim basket) they look broken/lost.

Superstar just ups the shooting sliders and hof even more.

Honestly if the cpu teammates werent programmed to be so dumb I would agree with yall.

A game that plays good is not the same as trying to cheese the cpu because that can be done in 100% of all games when people say it plays great we are not taking about cheesing the cpu (well not me )

Old 09-16-2018, 08:46 PM   #8
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
A game that plays good is not the same as trying to cheese the cpu because that can be done in 100% of all games when people say it plays great we are not taking about cheesing the cpu (well not me )

Bingo! ^^^ we don't want to cheese or be cheesed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »