Home

Question: Can you actually block transition fakes?

This is a discussion on Question: Can you actually block transition fakes? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2018, 05:38 PM   #1
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Question: Can you actually block transition fakes?

I swear to god I block right on the money sometimes and the fake doesn't get blocked and they get GA. Can you block the fakes? Any good grappling guys know cuz it really doesn't seem so for me. Could be my tv lagging? Idk.

Last edited by WarMMA; 10-15-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2018, 06:01 PM   #2
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Re: Question: Can you actually block transition fakes?

You need to pre deny rather than waiting for the animation.

Most transitions can be reacted to; you see the transition, you process which direction you need to deny it, then you flick the stick.

Some transitions (usually ones with some ga build up) you can “react” to, as long as you cut out the time your brain takes to process the correct side. So in this case, you put your money on them going a certain direction, then as soon as they twitch you are flicking that direction. You are guessing the direction here, but waiting for them to give you the proper timing.

Few transitions require pre denys. You are guessing the timing and the direction, before you see an animation play. This is for most momentum based transitions, fakes (such as denying submissive half guard to guard), along with 100% GA / stam build up transitions.

The timing is tricky but once you get use to it it’s easy. Best way to practice this would be get a friend, put them in side saddle, have them do the side control transition then immediately roll to sprawl for the fast momentum transition. To Block the roll to sprawl, you’ll need to pre deny.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:13 PM   #3
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Thanks man this helps a lot. Now I see why some transitions seemed pretty much undeniable, while others I just had to be really fast on the denial. Definitely gonna put in some practice with this.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:07 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG

Most transitions can be reacted to; you see the transition, you process which direction you need to deny it, then you flick the stick.

Some transitions (usually ones with some ga build up) you can “react” to, as long as you cut out the time your brain takes to process the correct side. So in this case, you put your money on them going a certain direction, then as soon as they twitch you are flicking that direction. You are guessing the direction here, but waiting for them to give you the proper timing.

Few transitions require pre denys. You are guessing the timing and the direction, before you see an animation play. This is for most momentum based transitions, fakes (such as denying submissive half guard to guard), along with 100% GA / stam build up transitions.

The timing is tricky but once you get use to it it’s easy. Best way to practice this would be get a friend, put them in side saddle, have them do the side control transition then immediately roll to sprawl for the fast momentum transition. To Block the roll to sprawl, you’ll need to pre deny.
The monster awakens what about the kids who transition whenever you try to strike in side control
Old 10-16-2018, 12:53 AM   #5
MVP

Transition fakes can definitely be denied ...you just have to guess right and pre-deny ...I had no idea you "camp" on pre- deny in certain positions on the ground in this game .

I always felt it wasn't possible as your pad would vibrate ...can someone shed more light on this ????

The worst is getting swept on transition fake I know there's a method to reverse getting swept upon your transition getting denied but hmm that's god body **** to me .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2018, 04:48 AM   #6
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG

I though that Pre-Deny in Clinch / Groubd (pressing Grapple Block not during started transition Meter, mistimed GB) makes this transition undeniable or 2 sec penalty’s for GB... am I wrong?
Old 10-16-2018, 05:30 AM   #7
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
I though that Pre-Deny in Clinch / Groubd (pressing Grapple Block not during started transition Meter, mistimed GB) makes this transition undeniable or 2 sec penalty’s for GB... am I wrong?
He means guessing very early. To the point where the transition is denied in the start up frames rather than on reaction. Not actual pre emptive(whiffed) denials.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:26 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
The monster awakens what about the kids who transition whenever you try to strike in side control
I've had a lot of success draining them of stamina in side control, once they're empty, regardless of which direction they go, if you time it right, you can land a an elbow to the head whilst their transitioning, then deny the transition once it lands. Keep doing it over and over.

If you've had the time to do it and got their head health extremely low, you can let them go to backside and finish it or move to top mount yourself.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »