Home

Editing NCAA/Madden PS2 Save Files On PC

This is a discussion on Editing NCAA/Madden PS2 Save Files On PC within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2018, 07:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Editing NCAA/Madden PS2 Save Files On PC

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a guide on how to covert NCAA/Madden PS2 saves to be used with Madden DB Editor/Madden Amp. Now, I know there is PS2 Save Builder and PS2 Save Converter that can be used - the problem is, neither Madden editors ever seem to recognize the files even after converting them.

I've attempted to find information on how to do this, but not much is out there since most people have moved on from PS2 Madden or strictly play it on PC at this point.

But just to be clear on why I want to do this, I love what these editors do for PC save files - my problem is the PC Maddens have what is called the "comeback code" that just kills the enjoy of having a franchise. So, I'm back to playing Madden on PS2, but the sim engine and other franchise things need to be cleaned up through the editors.

If anyone can point me in the right direction or can give me the steps on how to do this, I'd be grateful. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mattjames2010; 12-11-2018 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Wrong word
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 07:43 PM   #2
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

Re: Editing NCAA/Madden PS2 Save Files On PC

I'm with you, I want some info on this.

Madden 2004/2005/06/07/08/09/10/11/12 all deserve some kind of global roster update on PS2. especially 2004 and 2005.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers (since 2004)
MLB - New York Yankees (since 2004)
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans (since 2004)
XFL - Seattle Dragons (since 2019)
Old 12-12-2018, 07:37 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Off the top of my head... You have to take the extracted save, from ps2 save builder, and open it up in a hex editor. You have to delete the "20 00 00" or just the "..." in front of "DB" in the hex editor. That will allow it be read by the editors. Once you finish your edits you have to insert those values back in.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Off the top of my head... You have to take the extracted save, from ps2 save builder, and open it up in a hex editor. You have to delete the "20 00 00" or just the "..." in front of "DB" in the hex editor. That will allow it be read by the editors. Once you finish your edits you have to insert those values back in.
Thank you. I'll give this a try.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Just to make sure before I edit anything, is this what you're referring to?

https://i.imgur.com/9X38KEa.png

Last edited by mattjames2010; 12-13-2018 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Wrong Link
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2018, 03:37 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjames2010
Just to make sure before I edit anything, is this what you're referring to?

https://i.imgur.com/9X38KEa.png
Sorry for the late reply, but yeah that's it.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:00 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjames2010
Hey everyone, I'm looking for a guide on how to covert NCAA/Madden PS2 saves to be used with Madden DB Editor/Madden Amp. Now, I know there is PS2 Save Builder and PS2 Save Converter that can be used - the problem is, neither Madden editors ever seem to recognize the files even after converting them.

I've attempted to find information on how to do this, but not much is out there since most people have moved on from PS2 Madden or strictly play it on PC at this point.

But just to be clear on why I want to do this, I love what these editors do for PC save files - my problem is the PC Maddens have what is called the "comeback code" that just kills the enjoy of having a franchise. So, I'm back to playing Madden on PS2, but the sim engine and other franchise things need to be cleaned up through the editors.

If anyone can point me in the right direction or can give me the steps on how to do this, I'd be grateful. Thanks in advance.
Did You ever get this to work?
Old 08-01-2020, 07:02 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronstev216
Did You ever get this to work?
It works, you just have to do what I told him with any hex editor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »