Home

SimWorld Presents: The NBA2K19 Fictional Draft Class Thread (for Xbox One)

This is a discussion on SimWorld Presents: The NBA2K19 Fictional Draft Class Thread (for Xbox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2019, 04:07 PM   #1
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
SimWorld Presents: The NBA2K19 Fictional Draft Class Thread (for Xbox One)

I don’t want to turn this into some big thing because as you know, we were initially not even planning to do this. Most of you guys that know us know what to expect from the project but for those of you that don’t, I’m going to post some information from a previous thread (with some adjusted responses). If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will answer them to the best of my ability. My only request is that there are no questions regarding when the classes will drop. I literally just picked up the game like two weeks ago so I’m still trying to get into the swing of things after five months doing classes for Madden. What I can confidently say is that we will definitely have way more classes than last year and Dreece/Blindside have been working on some classes since before I had the game so we aren’t just starting.

What are the basics that I can expect from the classes?
You can expect that most (if not all) players will receive attention before the class is released. Often times, people release classes where just the top 50 (or even less) are edited and allow the CPU to randomly generate the rest. For some people, that is ok and I respect that but our classes are intended to provide unique players all the way across the board whether it’s a top rated prospect or a 64 rated player with one of the sickest verticals you have ever seen.

Speaking of unique players, it is important to note that we feel that we specialize in that area. In the NBA, every center isn’t a bruiser that camps out in the paint and every point guard isn’t a masterful ball handler that runs the team like Chris Paul. We make sure to stay true to that concept and provide you with a wide range of different play styles and body types. You may see a 5’10 lightning fast point guard that can slice through the lane with ease or a 6’6 turnover prone point guard that can pull up off the dribble with the best of them. You may find a 7’0 300 pound center that can wear down any defender or a 6’11 245 pound center that can drain it from behind the arc. Variety is the spice of life and you can get that here.

What’s the range of overall and potential with these classes?
This is one of the questions that I get every year and some people agree with how we do it and some people don’t. In regards to overall ratings this year, I would say that the overall ratings are a little higher than we have done in the past but still not as high as the default.

Many classes have players very highly rated coming in to the league with almost 25 to 30 players or more with a 75+ rating. Because the SimWorld rating scale is a bit lower than 2k’s base roster, this would be a bit too much. Because of that, you won’t see a large amount of highly rated players as rookies. In these classes, there may be a class where there are NO players in that 77 to 78 range or you may come across 3 to 5 of them in another class. A chunk of these players that may turn out to be stars may come in to the league with a rating in the 68 to 70 range. The best player RIGHT NOW isn’t always the best prospect.

Will we get Newsfeeds and Advanced Scouting Reports this year?
Hell no. And I don’t mean to sound like a jerk but the Madden classes really sucked the life out of me and I just don’t know if I have the time (picked up a second job) or the sanity to go through with ELABORATE stories. Now with that being said, you will still receive a couple of things. I will have a big board at the beginning of the “season” (including ALL prospects. Some that will declare that year and some that you will see later). Throughout the college season the big board will change and when the end of the season arrives and all players declare, I’ll do a few sentences on each prospect before we release the class. Rinse and repeat for the next classes. I also might do the “Help Me Fill A Need” section that I used to do back in the day but we’ll have to see.

Will there be multiple versions of each class this year?
No but I actually think I’ll be bringing over something from my Madden classes that is even better. I want to have “living versions” which means that once every week or two, I will change peak starts and peak ends to mix up busts and stars within the draft. I think doing this will keep everyone on their toes and ensure that you get a different experience each time.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by CWSapp757; 01-03-2019 at 11:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2019, 04:07 PM   #2
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: SimWorld Presents: The NBA2K19 Fictional Draft Class Thread (for Xbox One)

DRAFT CLASS ONE INFORMATION

Gamertag: CWSapp757
Filename: Simworld FDC1

Draft Class 1 Scouting Report Powerpoint

Draft Class 1 Scouting Report PDF

Star Grade: B+
Depth Grade: B+
Overall Draft Grade: B+

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DRAFT CLASS TWO INFORMATION

Gamertag: CWSapp757
Filename: Simworld FDC2

Year 2/Draft Class 2 Scouting Report PDF: DOWNLOAD HERE

Year 2/Draft Class 2 Scouting Report Powerpoint: DOWNLOAD HERE

Star Grade: D
Depth Grade: C
Overall Draft Grade: D+

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DRAFT CLASS THREE INFORMATION

GAMERTAG: CWSAPP757

DC3 File Name: SimWorld FDC3

DC3 Draft Guide: DOWNLOAD HERE

Star Grade: A
Depth Grade: B
Overall Draft Grade: A-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DRAFT CLASS FOUR INFORMATION

DC4 File Name: SimWorld FDC4

DC4 Draft Guide: DOWNLOAD HERE

Star Grade: C+
Depth Grade: A-
Overall Draft Grade: B

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DRAFT CLASS FIVE INFORMATION

DC5 File Name: SimWorld FDC5

DC5 Draft Guide: DOWNLOAD HERE

Star Grade: C-
Depth Grade: B
Overall Draft Grade: C

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DRAFT CLASS SIX INFORMATION

GAMERTAG: Nsuplaya84

DC6 File Name: SimWorld FDC6

DC6 Draft Guide: DOWNLOAD HERE

Star Grade: B
Depth Grade: C+
Overall Draft Grade: B-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DRAFT CLASS SEVEN INFORMATION

GAMERTAG: Nsuplaya84

DC7 File Name: SimWorld DC7

DC7 Draft Guide: DOWNLOAD HERE

Star Grade: A-
Depth Grade: A-
Overall Draft Grade: A-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draft Class 8 is now Available:

File Name: SimWorld DC8
Gamertag: Nsupaya84
Draft Guide: DOWNLOAD HERE

DC8 Star Grade: C
DC8 Depth Grade: B-
DC8 Overall Grade: C+

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draft Class 9 is now Available:

File Name: SimWorld DC9
Gamertag: Nsuplaya84
Draft Guide: DOWNLOAD HERE

DC9 Star Grade: A+
DC9 Depth Grade: B+
DC9 Overall Grade: A

Last edited by CWSapp757; 07-23-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:12 PM   #3
SimWorld NBA 2K Guru

Dreece's Arena

OVR: 19

Reserved 2.....

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2019, 06:13 PM   #4
Rookie

SavoyPrime's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
Will we get Newsfeeds and Advanced Scouting Reports this year?
Hell no. And I don’t mean to sound like a jerk but the Madden classes really sucked the life out of me and I just don’t know if I have the time (picked up a second job) or the sanity to go through with ELABORATE stories. Now with that being said, you will still receive a couple of things. I will have a big board at the beginning of the “season” (including ALL prospects. Some that will declare that year and some that you will see later). Throughout the college season the big board will change and when the end of the season arrives and all players declare, I’ll do a few sentences on each prospect before we release the class. Rinse and repeat for the next classes. I also might do the “Help Me Fill A Need” section that I used to do back in the day but we’ll have to see.

Sapp I don't think anybody should trip about that. The fact is, as you stated, you fellas said you weren't even gonna jump in on 2K19. So I'm sure it's appreciated by anyone who are true fans that y'all are doing this. Y'all have a life. Handle it how y'all wish. Always appreciated the hard work you and the guys put in.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:37 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

A very good news to start the year...Thanks you !!!! Can we expect one or two Asian prospects (China ,Japonese or Indian Why not ) in the next draft...Not necessarily a Top prospects like Rui Hachimura of Gonzaga Maybe a potential second round draft for example ? I

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2019, 10:42 PM   #6
SimWorld NBA 2K Guru

Dreece's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidid
A very good news to start the year...Thanks you !!!! Can we expect one or two Asian prospects (China ,Japonese or Indian Why not ) in the next draft...Not necessarily a Top prospects like Rui Hachimura of Gonzaga Maybe a potential second round draft for example ? I

Gotta stay tuned bro. We don't know who declared yet either lol.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2019, 11:21 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

ok Dreece

Old 01-06-2019, 06:56 PM   #8
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Been hyped for y'alls work..Been dwn for years...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »