Home

I just lost a game due to Billy Hamilton stealing home and other heartbreaking losses

This is a discussion on I just lost a game due to Billy Hamilton stealing home and other heartbreaking losses within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-26-2019, 08:16 AM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
I just lost a game due to Billy Hamilton stealing home and other heartbreaking losses

Top of the 10th...score tied at 0-0. After getting a single with one out in the 10th, Billy Hamilton steals 2nd. He is then moved over to 3rd and a ball hit to Wong. So man on 3rd with 2 outs. The hitter at the plate is Anthony Rendon, whom I decide that I'm going to pitch to, but carefully. First pitch fastball is off the plate ball one. Next pitch is a fastball in on his hands that he swings at for a 1-1 count. Next pitch is a fastball again on the hands that he takes for ball two. Next pitch, 2-1 count, is a curveball down and away and Hamilton breaks for home. Francisco Pena catches the pitch, but is unable to get to Hamilton in time to prevent him from scoring!

I proceed to punch out Rendon and then we go down in order in the bottom of the 10th to lose the game 1-0. The Nationals had lost 7 in a row until this game.

What a way to lose a game...but at the same time it was pretty awesome.

Any heartbreaking losses you care to share?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2019, 09:10 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: I just lost a game due to Billy Hamilton stealing home and other heartbreaking lo

Countryboy,

Sounds Exciting!

Being playing MLB THE SHOW since MLB 14 and have never once seeing the CPU steal for home even with the steal sliders bumped all the way up. The only way this would happen is if the ball was thrown "In The Dirt Here" and when that happens even if the ball drops directly in front of the Catcher. Even the heaviest and slowest runners will take off regardless of base running ratings!

I play using Player Lock but wish to experience the base running gameplay you describe above. Where CPU runners actually challenge the current situation on the field and not just a direct line from station to station. Definitely hope base running is overhauled and improved in MLB 19.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:44 AM   #3
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: I just lost a game due to Billy Hamilton stealing home and other heartbreaking lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jada855
Countryboy,

Sounds Exciting!

Being playing MLB THE SHOW since MLB 14 and have never once seeing the CPU steal for home even with the steal sliders bumped all the way up. The only way this would happen is if the ball was thrown "In The Dirt Here" and when that happens even if the ball drops directly in front of the Catcher. Even the heaviest and slowest runners will take off regardless of base running ratings!

I play using Player Lock but wish to experience the base running gameplay you describe above. Where CPU runners actually challenge the current situation on the field and not just a direct line from station to station. Definitely hope base running is overhauled and improved in MLB 19.
Well it’s definitely a perfect storm scenario my man. Coupled with the sliders he no doubt uses, I think we can all comfortably agree we can count the piggies on one hand the amount of guys who can legitimately steal home and Hamilton is def at the top of that list. With the osfm rosters and the right slider you too can have realistic frustrating outcomes! Lol
Old 01-26-2019, 03:17 PM   #4
Pro

BlackBetty15,

Please enlighten me on which slider set are these? I have been using OSFM rosters. I even created my Franchise and built my team around runners with ratings that reflect.

I get first to second steals all the time. Rarely a 3rd base steal and I have never seen home been stole unless it was by myself CAP player locked.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:41 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I don’t use sliders

Anyone else got a heartbreaking loss story?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 01-26-2019 at 03:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2019, 04:13 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

last summer/fall Toronto's Stroman was no-hitting me through 8. my lead off batter in the 9th (wanna say Chris Davis, IIRR) broke it up with a double then I got the next guy on base too. losing 1-0, I thought that 9th belonged to me, had 2 on & 0 outs. but 3 batters later, no dice, game over. lost 1-0. it was like that all year, the Blue Jays soul-crushed me the whole season long

A Work in Progress
Old 01-26-2019, 06:59 PM   #7
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jada855
BlackBetty15,

Please enlighten me on which slider set are these? I have been using OSFM rosters. I even created my Franchise and built my team around runners with ratings that reflect.

I get first to second steals all the time. Rarely a 3rd base steal and I have never seen home been stole unless it was by myself CAP player locked.
There you have it. CB uses ootb sliders. It’s all dependent. Hamilton steals on me often.
Old 01-27-2019, 01:44 AM   #8
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

Any blown save leaves me an emotional wreck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »