Home

MyLeague Online - Inadequate Server Allocation Leads To A Broken Offseason

This is a discussion on MyLeague Online - Inadequate Server Allocation Leads To A Broken Offseason within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2019, 12:20 PM   #1
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15
Arrow MyLeague Online - Inadequate Server Allocation Leads To A Broken Offseason

All MLO admins/members, post your off-season experiences with regard to the broken servers that often glitches during free agency or even after advance when the rule changes glitches the following seasons. We had an indepth conversation with 2k dev Jeff Shrader. We even invited him to our league to investigate the glitched offseason and during an xbox live party chat, he gave us a wealth of information related to the inadequate server allocation for the mode as well as the lack of thorough testing of the mode prior to launch and even during post launch support for patching. We then fed the information to SGO and it led to this exposé.

Time after time, we have reached out to 2k to get some support after detailing the failings of the mode during the off season. We have often had to restart and recreate progressed and regressed rosters in order to carry on with our OA. Enough is enough. This was supposed to be the year that they gave us a true online franchise with an automated off-season complete with contracts and free agency in doing away with the keeper system. The mode is so promising. When servers are cooperating, it provides a stable infrastructure to compete with your friends for the season. It is instead the broken off season that often glitches during free agency (there are 14 days of FA). Imagine the frustration of 30 man leagues who have faithfully scheduled and completed their season only to have an offseason fail to advance. It is beyond frustrating. Sure there are work arounds, but this is unsustainable and 2k has got to fix the mode. It starts with more servers as the SGO exposed that the mode is only allocated TWO servers. Keep in mind, it was originally one server until we complained to 2k dev Jeff Shrader, who then relayed the information to 2k producer Dave Z.

Hopefully 2k will chime in and let us know if the issues exposed in this video will be addressed either for this cycle or next. We have email correspondence with 2k devs, as well as a recorded xbox live party chat with a dev should they try to deny any of the facts exposed in this video.

Full Article Below:

http://www.sportsgamersonline.com/ex...-2k19-servers/

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]

Last edited by amedawg00; 02-20-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2019, 12:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyLeague Online - Inadequate Server Allocation Leads To A Broken Offseason

I just want to point out this. I let Jeff know that I had a source that may do a story about it. The response was that we should move forward as this could help with a solution. I sat on it for quite some time in hopes that they would just fix the issues without getting a writer involved.

I had to go dark because my wife's dad had to have a liver transplant and when I came back, stuff was exactly the same with no clear updates.

Thank you to SGO for running with it. I think it was time and we need everyone's help pushing this video. Spread it around Facebook, Twitter, etc. Give the video likes and even subscribe to their channel because they are the only source out of 10 sources that had the balls to do the story.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:36 PM   #3
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepatowski
I just want to point out this. I let Jeff know that I had a source that may do a story about it. The response was that we should move forward as this could help with a solution. I sat on it for quite some time in hopes that they would just fix the issues without getting a writer involved.

I had to go dark because my wife's dad had to have a liver transplant and when I came back, stuff was exactly the same with no clear updates.

Thank you to SGO for running with it. I think it was time and we need everyone's help pushing this video. Spread it around Facebook, Twitter, etc. Give the video likes and even subscribe to their channel because they are the only source out of 10 sources that had the balls to do the story.
In the video, they constantly are reffering to a "source". The source is Joe Patowski himself. See his stickied thread about MLO.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ly-2k-dev.html

He is legit. He is also an admin in my 30 man league that I have been running for almost a decade. We want nothing but the best for the mode and an exposé of this nature is the only way to shine a light on an often neglected mode that has die hard user base. 2k were the pioneers of the online league mode dating back to the dreamcast era. We just want the mode to function as advertised when 2k producer Erick Boenisch released the blog.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma.../#4006c22955bf

Last edited by amedawg00; 02-20-2019 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:43 PM   #4
Rookie

str8stuntin03's Arena

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

[OS Vets NBA 2k8 S1 Co-Champion - Nuggets]
[OS Vets NBA 2k8 S2 Runner Up - Trailblazers]
[OS Vets NBA 2k9 Champion - Sixers]
[OS Vets NBA 2k10 Runner Up - Warriors]
[OS Vets NBA 2k11 S2 Regular Season Champ - Knicks]
[New Era Sims NBA 2K12 Champion - Bulls]

Last edited by str8stuntin03; 02-20-2019 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:45 PM   #5
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8stuntin03
Ridiculous is an understatement LOL. Surmised the situation with one video. Well done.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2019, 12:55 PM   #6
Rookie

Lakers84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepatowski

Great work from u guys I'm just glad the cold hard truth was exposed today. For too many years, 2k has given us the bare minimum when it comes to MLO. Hopefully, some ppl that can truly make a difference see this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2019, 01:26 PM   #7
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers84
Great work from u guys I'm just glad the cold hard truth was exposed today. For too many years, 2k has given us the bare minimum when it comes to MLO. Hopefully, some ppl that can truly make a difference see this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
This issue is now being tracked on reddit as well. Make sure to post both here and over there about your MLO offseason or in-season experiences with the server issues. Remember, 2k having only 2 servers not only impacts the offseason but also in-season when you get "failed to enter the league" errors as well as "synching" errors.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comme...selves_sports/

Old 02-20-2019, 01:50 PM   #8
Rookie

Man, the times we’ve gone through to just get a functioning game mode ever since the switch to Next Gen. 1st year 2k14 was absolutely trash and non existent we settled for what we received because of all the fancy graphics hell we didn’t even have a real functioning Create A Player mode it was just about 14 to 16 pre-made player models, we just had to change the hair or beards and keep it moving. Throughout that time they would give us an inch of an improvement.

From 2k15-18 we’ve had to endure the struggle of managing team salary caps through spreadsheets. 2k15 didn’t even have an offseason it was 1 and done seasons. They advertised to us the ability of uploading draft classes not telling us that the ratings and even player info like colleges would be changed so all of that time wasted creating players was for nothing once uploaded. Year after year frustration just built and no matter how many of us in the community spoke up we’d reach the ears of few and just get brushed under the rug “it’s just MLO, go try out MyCareer”

We FINALLY get to 2k19 reading articles after articles on the vast improvements made to MLO. You could not find another 30 guys more ecstatic for the opportunity to finally play a MLO and just let the mode do what it’s supposed to do. Boy were we lied to. It’s now February and we are headed to our Season 4 playoffs. During this time we’ve had 3-4 restarts with us having to manually recreate rosters having to recreate ratings to match our last seasons, during this time not being able to use the Quick Edit feature because of the features random changing of player heights if you were to edit more than one player per save.

I’ve personally spent weeks recreating rosters and trying to save a lg that has 30 determined members to not allow 2k to take the enjoyment of the mode away from us. The league is in constant fear of reaching the offseason. Every offseason we try every work around to not overload servers so that the league doesn’t crash. We’ve done the extreme staying up until 2-3 AM just to do an advance so that no one else is on the servers to cause it to overload, we’ve done 1 bid at a time while only one member is in the league menu, 6 AM or 1 AM Offseasons, etc. Just ridiculous the amount of stress and extra work we all put in just to play a mode that should work as advertised. Sure a error or 2 are bound to happen, in-home test aren’t the same as millions being on the mode at a time but for these issues to be brought to your attention you constantly stringing guys along KNOWING that for 2k19 this effort is not going to be made is bad business. Honesty from seller to consumer goes a long way, where there is constant communication. 

NBA Live, yes NBA Live just got dragged into this, is still not a better game or comparable but if you’ve kept track you can SEE the constant improvements, you can see the constant communication and effort to bring their consumers what they are asking for. Had NBA Live introduced a functioning Online League mode they would see a following begin to join their movement. There’s so much more I can go into but I will leave some room for the rest of the MLO community to add on to what’s not been mentioned. Thank you SGO for stepping up and creating a louder voice on a bigger platform that’s not just us MLO members speaking amongst each other. Joe & Ame you already know what it is!

Last edited by papo2488; 02-20-2019 at 01:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »